O.... to be a leaf fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Re: O.... to be a leaf fan

what's funny is that a BRUINS fans is saying that the leaf fans are on an emotional roller coaster. Hey Pauly....WAKE UP

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan:
    [QUOTE]what's funny is that a BRUINS fans is saying that the leaf fans are on an emotional roller coaster. Hey Pauly....WAKE UP
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer[/QUOTE]
    Better yet,why don't you go back to whatever rock you've crawled out from under

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]what's funny is that a BRUINS fans is saying that the leaf fans are on an emotional roller coaster. Hey Pauly....WAKE UP
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer[/QUOTE] I have been waiting for this one....I'm guessing your not from Canada. I think most bruin fans no when we are a bad team there is no chance, unlike many leaf fans who think adding a dion or a kessel is a trip to the final (roller coaster) they can be one of the worst teams in the league (usually are) and make 1 or 2 moves and the fans are planning the parade. Atleast when the bruins are above average and make a couple moves there's realistic hope.
    If you do not live north of the border I do not expect you to fully understand this leaf thing.
    No insult intended, it's just something you have to witness.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

Other than this year, I do feel for the Leafs fans a little. But unfortunately, I think that team is built for mediocracy for the nect decade or so. Basically, the best they become, is an average team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Just in.. Headline in one of the papers...can't argue the fact..besides the Jays winning back to back Series in early 90's .. This sports town's teams are  lousy..

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/11/03/brophy_years_of_frustration/

Toronto is Loserville

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Just in.. Headline in one of the papers...can't argue the fact..besides the Jays winning back to back Series in early 90's .. This sports town's teams are  lousy.. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/11/03/brophy_years_of_frustration/           Toronto is Loserville
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE] If it's not played on ice Canada is loserville, OUCH that hurt. LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Be careful of what ya wish for guys, toronto's downfall is early in the season and alot of bad luck, lets just hope the Bs dont get in that situation. As stated by perrysound why bother talking about them.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

They sure have had some bad luck.  Like when Colton Orr clearly interfered with a goaltender yet the goal was allowed.  And again, last night when there was goaltender interference and the goal was allowed.  Oh and when Kovalev clearly scored but it was not allowed because the camera couldn't see it because the puck was under his leg.  Oh and those bogus penalties at the end of the game when Billy M was trying to GIVE Toronto the game... No.  They are just plain awful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : They sure have had some bad luck.  Like when Colton Orr clearly interfered with a goaltender yet the goal was allowed.  And again, last night when there was goaltender interference and the goal was allowed.  Oh and when Kovalev clearly scored but it was not allowed because the camera couldn't see it because the puck was under his leg.  Oh and those bogus penalties at the end of the game when Billy M was trying to GIVE Toronto the game... No.  They are just plain awful.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan[/QUOTE] Thanks 306 you nailed it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : True. If the Bruins didn't own the Leafs' #1 pick, I wouldn't care. Since they do, I hope the Leafs lose every game. I can't deny, though, that Leafs fans (not all, but a good portion) are incredibly arrogant, which adds a certain amount of pleasure to the process. They rival Yankees fans in their attitude, which is puzzling to say the least. What do Toronto fans have to be arrogant about ? At least Yankees fans have a reason.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

It is fall and the leafs are falling.  The colors were bright but now the long hard winter is ahead.  What else can one say! 

BTW LRH is a decent poster and leafs fan so I will consider the fact me best friend is a Yankee fan.  He is an idiot for that reason but a decent person.  Ha.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : Ha Ha this has to be so much fun for you living up there LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Bro, I wish them and their fans no ill will but the team we support has a vested interest in the pick next year.  I have to admit that I do take some pleasure out of seeing the much-ballyhooed, always over-hyped self-proclaimed center of the hockey universe blow flat tires. 

If I can use the samples of opinions from Bruin fans I read on our board and those of the Leaf fans I see and hear constantly up here, even in the summer to illustrate the contrast I see between fans of both clubs, the main difference appears to be despite whatever measure of success the Bruins have, there seems to be more of a cautious "let's wait and see" stance. 

When the Leafs rushed out of the gate at 4-0, some fans were practically frothing at the mouth with excitement, almost measuring the team for Cup rings.  

I still remember the cover of last season's "The Hockey News" which blasted "Buckle Up, Toronto!  The Bay Street Bullies Are Here!" That's a lot of bravado for a team projected to be among the league's worst.  Just a thought.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Bruins fan living in toronto, and it doesn't make me like them more living here, it is the opposite.  I cannot stand the average leaf fan.  There are a lot of intelligent leaf fans out there i can attest to, my friends being some of them.  You have to keep in mind that the average smart leaf fan is not in this chat room, he's busy making money or having sex with girls.  However for the most part the leafs doing poorly looks good on them.

The media drives the delusion up here also, tsn doesn't need to do a 15 minute special on Colby Armstrong or Chris Versteeg when toronto aquires them.  The 4-0 start was maybe the worst thing that could have happened to the Leafs this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Lord help us if they ever do get the franchise turned around. I don't think I could stand living amongst them. Most of them are a pretty quiet bunch the last few years......and that's been good. I go up to see the B's/Leafs game at least once a year @ the ACC........and enjoy wearing the Black N Gold. There are A LOT of B's fans in the GTA......and they show up in big numbers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins fan living in toronto, and it doesn't make me like them more living here, it is the opposite.  I cannot stand the average leaf fan.  There are a lot of intelligent leaf fans out there i can attest to, my friends being some of them.  You have to keep in mind that the average smart leaf fan is not in this chat room, he's busy making money or having sex with girls.  However for the most part the leafs doing poorly looks good on them. The media drives the delusion up here also, tsn doesn't need to do a 15 minute special on Colby Armstrong or Chris Versteeg when toronto aquires them.  The 4-0 start was maybe the worst thing that could have happened to the Leafs this year.
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]

Agreed and well said!  With THE FAN 590, The Toronto Star, The Toronto Sun, AM 640, TSN, just to name a few media outlets, its all Leafs, all the time, all year round.  The expectations for the club seem to always be up in the stratosphere until the team settles into a level of play indicative of the talent on the roster.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : Agreed and well said!  With THE FAN 590, The Toronto Star, The Toronto Sun, AM 640, TSN, just to name a few media outlets, its all Leafs, all the time, all year round.  The expectations for the club seem to always be up in the stratosphere until the team settles into a level of play indicative of the talent on the roster.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I do also try my best to explain to leaf fans that some of the players in their first year on toronto did play somewhere before and people have heard of them.  They are only a secret to leaf fans who can't see past the acc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]The funny thing about the leafs is that they have no depth. I mean imagine if Phaneuf, Kessel, Giguiere and Versteeg all get hurt for a period of time during the season. Who are they going to call up to replace them? I have a feeling its gonna be another top 5 pick...
    Posted by tommy3123[/QUOTE]

Phaneuf left the ice with an injury in their last game Tues (?) night.  Anyone know if it is serious?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : Phaneuf left the ice with an injury in their last game Tues (?) night.  Anyone know if it is serious?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

He got his leg split from a skate in an awkward fall. Looked painful he's out 4-6weeks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

In Response to O.... to be a leaf fan:
    [QUOTE]The Leafs start the season with 4 wins and there fans think they are all of a sudden contenders not only for a playoff birth but for a stanley cup. Then reality sets in and they drop 4 of there next 5. The emotional rollercoaster ride these fans (put themselves on) is quite entertaining.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Being Bruins fans I dont think we have the right to make fun of any other franchise considering you know the last 20 or so seasons, and the greatest gag job in Stanley Cup Playoff history last season. Thats like a midget laughing at another midget because they are in inch shorter

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

It is Brian Burkes F/Y attitude and " Holy Makinaw " Bowens one sided game calling that sickens me......can you imagine listening to this pair if the " Hogtown Heroes " ever become a winning entity...my worst nightmare. May they continue spiraling downward towards a Bruin top 5 pick!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : He got his leg split from a skate in an awkward fall. Looked painful he's out 4-6weeks.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

When our Bruins played TO it seemed that Phaneuf was anchoring their team.  Not to wish injury on anyone, but this is likely to accelerate their decline.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]It is Brian Burkes F/Y attitude and " Holy Makinaw " Bowens one sided game calling that sickens me......can you imagine listening to this pair if the " Hogtown Heroes " ever become a winning entity...my worst nightmare. May they continue spiraling downward towards a Bruin top 5 pick!
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

saultont - A lot of folks up here like to point to the Sabres' announcer, Rick Generette (sp?), he of the "MAY DAY!  MAY DAY!" call, as a massive homer but they need not look any further than the verbose Joe Bowen as a card-carrying member of the , as you aptly stated, "one-sided" game callers. 

You're right.  that trademark call of his his is played out.  I can still remember his "Bless You, Boys!" discourse back in the early 90s after a Leaf come back win.  "Bless You, Boys?!?" 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : True. If the Bruins didn't own the Leafs' #1 pick, I wouldn't care. Since they do, I hope the Leafs lose every game. I can't deny, though, that Leafs fans (not all, but a good portion) are incredibly arrogant, which adds a certain amount of pleasure to the process. They rival Yankees fans in their attitude, which is puzzling to say the least. What do Toronto fans have to be arrogant about ? At least Yankees fans have a reason.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

duinne - The arrogance you speak of comes from some Leafs fans' sense of divine entitlement as citizens of the self-proclaimed center of the hockey universe, the city of Toronto.  If only they would stop for one moment and recall the fact the Leafs, certainly one of the fabled franchises in the league, has not won a Cup since 1967, as Bill Watters calls it, "the year of the small potato." 

Meanwhile, non-Original Six organizations such as Dallas, Anaheim, Colorado, Tampa, New Jersey, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Carolina, New York Islanders, Philadelphia and Calgary have all won championships in the 43 years since the the Leafs' last Cup victory. 

I think their arrogance is misguided but then, again, Toronto is a Leaf town only , not a hockey town.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I don't like the Leafs. And they're not a good team. I'm a Bruins fan. Let me say that before I say this next part:
    Brian Burke is a GREAT GM and I love the guy's attitude. He's like the guy that started out with a paperclip and kept trading up and up until he traded for a house. He's in the middle of it now, so you wouldn't really know, but just wait. His Canucks went to the final. His Ducks won the cup. Now he's come to Toronto and inherited a roster compeltely bereft of talent, and made them better. He acquired Kessel, Versteeg, Phaneuf, and Guiguere as legitimate talent, but the other, thankless moves he makes are what impress me:
    He brought in a bunch fo B-, C level talent (Colby Armstrong for one) that had been contributors to other teams when they weren't counted on the be "the guy". They're still assets for future deals, and better than the ones he gave up (Matt Stajan who?). He keeps turning guys like Stajan into guys like Phaneuf and Versteeg. Soon, he'll be swapping guys like Armstrong for McCarthur for other good components. In the mean time, they're reasonable 3rd line talent. The problems he needs to address as I see them are:
    -First line center. Bozak is a 2nd line center at best.
    -2nd line. Versteeg and Kessel are legit, but Armstrong and McCarthur are 3rd liners playing as 2nd liners. Not good enough.
    -Defensive depth.
    And he'll get there. It's just going to take some time. Just like it took some time to build out of the Thornton era. We had to resign guys like Sturm to bigger deals than necessary because that's what he had for talent, and not much in the system, and not much cap room. Now we're getting in a situation where he'll be pushed out at the end of the year, and that money can be spent on something better. Savard and Chara didn't make a huge different their first year... we had to BUILD AROUND THEM. And Burke is doing the same thing. Pretty quickly. And he has a track record of building highly skilled, physical, successful teams.
    Should Burke take some lumps for the Kessel deal? I'd say he loses the trade in the end, but in the mean time, he's acquired someone who can score 40 goals each year, instead of waiting a year he didn't have to acquire Seguin... wait a year or 2 for him to MAYBE develop... while fans continue to get pissed and it looks like he's doing NOTHING to fix the situation. He essentially HAD to make a deal like that.
    Toronto is on the way up. It'll take a while. Enjoy it while they're down... I sure am. Going forward, Buffalo isn't going through a period of growth, Montreal looks like they have no idea how to put a team together (Gionta & Gomez as your MAIN guys... really?), Ottawa never puts it together... they're going to be our main competition in the division shortly. We're the 2 teams in an arms race and are getting better and more physical. I expect this to turn into a great rivalry within as soon as 2 years.

Sections
Shortcuts