O.... to be a leaf fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

O.... to be a leaf fan

The Leafs start the season with 4 wins and there fans think they are all of a sudden contenders not only for a playoff birth but for a stanley cup. Then reality sets in and they drop 4 of there next 5.
    The emotional rollercoaster ride these fans (put themselves on) is quite entertaining.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: O.... to be a leaf fan

Make that 6 of there last 7 and counting (next up, Washington).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

The good ship Leaf has sprunk a leak.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

forever the "MAKE BELIEVES"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to O.... to be a leaf fan:
    [QUOTE]The Leafs start the season with 4 wins and there fans think they are all of a sudden contenders not only for a playoff birth but for a stanley cup. Then reality sets in and they drop 4 of there next 5. The emotional rollercoaster ride these fans (put themselves on) is quite entertaining.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    OOOh yah.......can you say top 5 pick or better in this years draft..WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan:[QUOTE]The good ship Leaf has sprunk a leak. Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha this has to be so much fun for you living up there LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan:
    [QUOTE]The good ship Leaf has sprunk a leak.
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario[/QUOTE] Got to admit richmond (sandog is right) I'm jealous that you get to live in the hornets nest and enjoy this, while I'm stuck in northern Alberta....ENJOY.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

If I lived in Toronto, I'd be wearing a Bruins Jersey with the name "Thanks Leafs" and Kessel's number on it every day.   Reading the HFBoards postings during last nights game was quite entertaining.   The funniest part though is that there are still a lot of Leaf fans convinced that Toronto is a playoff team.   Talk about delusional!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

why are we talking about them, here. this is a site for good teams, not place where they miss playoffs for 6 years in a row.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]why are we talking about them, here. this is a site for good teams, not place where they miss playoffs for 6 years in a row.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]It's all about draft picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : It's all about draft picks (no ill will intended).
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

True. If the Bruins didn't own the Leafs' #1 pick, I wouldn't care. Since they do, I hope the Leafs lose every game.

I can't deny, though, that Leafs fans (not all, but a good portion) are incredibly arrogant, which adds a certain amount of pleasure to the process. They rival Yankees fans in their attitude, which is puzzling to say the least. What do Toronto fans have to be arrogant about? At least Yankees fans have a reason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Be careful of what ya wish for guys, toronto's downfall is early in the season and alot of bad luck, lets just hope the Bs dont get in that situation. As stated by perrysound why bother talking about them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : True. If the Bruins didn't own the Leafs' #1 pick, I wouldn't care. Since they do, I hope the Leafs lose every game. I can't deny, though, that Leafs fans (not all, but a good portion) are incredibly arrogant, which adds a certain amount of pleasure to the process. They rival Yankees fans in their attitude, which is puzzling to say the least. What do Toronto fans have to be arrogant about ? At least Yankees fans have a reason.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]I here ya loud and clear. But let's not forget we can still laugh at the leaf fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Be careful of what ya wish for guys, toronto's downfall is early in the season and alot of bad luck, lets just hope the Bs dont get in that situation. As stated by perrysound why bother talking about them.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    Like we keep saying,the fact we own their other pick is why we keep talking  aboout them.With the Bruins fortunes directly tied to the Leafs it's impossible to not pay them more attention.And what's the bad luck they've experienced?I've heard Kessel called alot of things but bad luck isn't one of them.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]aint much different to be a Bruins fan, we still have the Sword of Damocles hanging over our heads! aka Jeremy Jacobs!   you can always expect failure!!!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]
    Why is it you folks can't let the Jacobs thing go?The fact he allows PC to spend to the cap-limit tells me that Jacobs isn't a relevant issue.Unless,perhaps,you can tell me how he has any affect on the on-ice outcomes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I wasnt refering to kessel as bad luck for the leafs, the whole team. they have a core of good young talent that I still think will get them to the playoffs when you look at what there up against in the east. I watch alot of there games (and yes hope they lose) but i dont see us getting a top 5 pick from them. At best  10 to 15th.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I wasnt refering to kessel as bad luck for the leafs, the whole team. they have a core of good young talent that I still think will get them to the playoffs when you look at what there up against in the east. I watch alot of there games (and yes hope they lose) but i dont see us getting a top 5 pick from them. At best  10 to 15th.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    I know you weren't.It was just an ill attempt at humor.I've seen every Leafs game this year and don't know what your watching to expect the Leafs to finish anywhere in that neighbourhood.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

let the jacobs thing go, PC has said he will warehouse players in the A if needed. Ownership has done more than there part compared to other teams. LET IT GO. The bruins ownership is now the envy of the league. If you question this tell me how, (hot dogs don"t count).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

The funny thing about the leafs is that they have no depth. I mean imagine if Phaneuf, Kessel, Giguiere and Versteeg all get hurt for a period of time during the season. Who are they going to call up to replace them? I have a feeling its gonna be another top 5 pick...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If the Bruins didn't own the Leafs' #1 pick, I wouldn't care. Since they do, I hope the Leafs lose every game. -Duinne

^that

....but I do mildly enjoy the idea of knowledgeable Laffs fans sitting at the game asking himself, F'ing Kessel!!...does he EVER backcheck?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]aint much different to be a Bruins fan, we still have the Sword of Damocles hanging over our heads! aka Jeremy Jacobs!   you can always expect failure!!!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE] Please explain how ownership has failed this team in the past 3 or 4 years or so......I don't expect a reply, LOL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Nothing on this earth is funnier than watching the Leafs give up three goals in the final two minutes of a hockey game as they turn a 3-1 lead into a 4-3 loss, the winning goal coming with less than ten seconds to play, and there's Ronnyboy Wilson behind the bench looking like a kid whose ice cream just fell off his cone and landed on the sidewalk. HILARIOUS!!! Next to a Bruins win, there's nothing I enjoy more in the NHL. I hope it goes on for another twenty years.

Hey PC, get some more of these losers' draft picks!

(For the record, I live in Toronto)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

More Bad news for the Maple Laughs.... Dion is out 4 weeks with broken Hymen!.. Double shift Komisarak!  LOL!...  "Thank you Kessel!!".. Top 5 pick coming Fellas.. book it...
    KennyBizz

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Subbaculta. Show Subbaculta's posts

Exactly...

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: O.... to be a leaf fan : Why is it you folks can't let the Jacobs thing go?The fact he allows PC to spend to the cap-limit tells me that Jacobs isn't a relevant issue.Unless,perhaps,you can tell me how he has any affect on the on-ice outcomes.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts