Objective view of the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Objective view of the Bruins

First of all, I don't understand all those TT bashers out there.  He is the only reason the Bruins beat the Leafs in Boston and salvaged a point last night.  He stoned Kessel at least 4 times, and made a number of other great saves. 

1. Bruins are really slow, especially on defense.  How many times did the Leafs get behind them?  Leaf's speeed (especially Kessel's) made them look like a bunch of pylons.  I wouldn't trade the leafs defencemen for the Bruins defencemen even with Chara back there and that's saying something.  The Bruin defence is a team weakness.  Wideman played over 25 minutes!  What is CJ thinking?

2. Bergeron is a great player that needs #1 center minutes.  Look how good he was last night.  Play Bergeron 22-25 minutes every game - maybe more.  Should have done the same thing with Savard.

3. Lucic is either really injured or completely void of confidence.  Is he really that slow on the wing?  Phaneuf just about tatooed him in the boards.

4. Krecji was horrible last night.  His only move on the night was on Kessel playing back and he still didn't get a shot on net.   Wheeler and Paille were non-existant.

Bruins have a lot more holes to fill then I first thought.  Are there any defencemen in their farm system ready to play in the NHL?  Maybe they need to think of getting another good defenceman with one of their picks (perhaps their 1st round pick - not TO's)

Depending on Savard's prognosis, the Bruins may be better off getting Seguin after all as their 3rd center.  I think the Leafs will still finish 2nd last so if Edmonton gets Hall, Seguin would go to the Bruins which would definitely be an upgrade to what I saw of Krecji.

What to do?
    Build thru the draft, get McTavish as coach and get  more team speed on this team.  Thank God for the goaltending or you'd be playing golf with the Leafs

Not many teams that look bad playing against the Toronto Marlies....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Objective view of the Bruins

A bit of an indictment, but fairly accurate.  B's need 2 more reliable D-men like Seidenbergh, then that area will be shored up.  I think that could happen through FA this summer.

I'd use the 1st round picks on forwards.  Any 2 of the following - Hall, Seguin, Neiderrietter, Kabanov, Skinner, Etem or Tarasenko.  The Bruins only have 1 stud in the Jr's right now and could use more depth at this position.

As far as McTavish goes, didn't he get fired from Edmonton for being to soft?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One point out of order before it gains steam: NO MacTavish!  The guy let a personal vendetta against a guy he felt was overpaid undermine his team.  He rode Dustin Penner, not to make him better, but out of his own ill will.  Now, I might want to rip into Ryder for being an overpaid lazy F**k, but I don't want a coach who does it unless that's what will get Ryder to play like a 30 goal guy.  MacTavish has some skills as a coach, but I don't trust him.  And his last team, after a surprise Cup finals appearance, disappeared into an unstructured black hole of talentless nothing.

As with Beauchemin and Komesarik at the start of the year, if you mis-cast a defenseman so that he plays more minutes than he's able, you're going to make him look bad.  Stuart, who many on this board think is a stud in waiting, looked hopeless last night.  Yeah, he played with Wideman and that will make life tricky, but he got out hustled and out muscled in one on ones and he got caught playing a bouncing puck and not his man on the 3rd goal.  You can only blame so much on playing with Wideman.  Hunwick got top 4 minutes only because the third pair is high calibre AHL guys right now.  Hunwick isn't better, he's just been around longer.  I thought Seidenberg made some solid, smart plays, but you can see he's starting to learn that he's in for some hairy nights playing with anyone but Chara.  Take away Chara (1) and Ference (4) and you're going to have a lot of minutes against good players to cover with guys whose games aren't there.  This D will never be great but they can be more than adequate if everyone is in the right role.

Same sort of deal as above - you don't necessarily get more from guys if you play them more.  Might work with Bergeron and that line.  I don't know if it would have worked with Savard and the empty sweater gang he had for wingers.

Yeah, Lucic is that injured.  On the Primeau goal, you could see he had no flexibility in his lower body, so he couldn't keep position on Primeau to protect the puck or get any mustard on his backhand.  He has no legs right now.

Krejci isn't really a one on one guy.  His moves are more about creating space for passes or give and gos.  He did it at least three or four times last night, but he needs help to turn his moves into points.  Ryder, Paille, Wheeler - not one of them has the hockey intelligence to make it work right now.

They don't have anyone in the system ready for a jump or they'd bring him up.  McQuaid is the closest and he's not necessarily an upgrade on what they have here.  And he's injured.

Seguin or Hall will help just by raising the talent level on the team.  They may not produce great numbers right away, but they'll be a lot more fun for our current centres to play alongside.  As above, I wouldn't suggest that Seguin will have more success with those wingers than Krejci has had, but put him with DK and maybe you have someone who understands and can execute the give and go off the cycle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Real good post LRH, Chara may have changed the game last night maybe not. We do know Penner has a way to go. McQuaid when healthy and a little wiser will be an upgrade to Ference and Wideman but he does need a little seasoning.

Anyone who doesn't think Paille and Stuart serve as a good purpose for the Bruins aren't watching and don't know hockey plain and simple. The Bruins lost because they can't possess the puck Wheeler, Krejci, Sturm, Ryder, lucic need to be called out and deserve criticism. 

MacTavish doesn't deserve a second chance in Boston. He killed someone and had death threats against him before the Bruins had to dump him. Craig would not solve the horrible puck possession on this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

MacTavish killed someone drinking and driving while playing here and did a year in jail. When released he was ran out of town by the Bruins fans, I don't think he'd want to relive that so forget him coaching the Bruins

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

In Response to Objective view of the Bruins:
    First of all, I don't understand all those TT bashers out there.  He is the only reason the Bruins beat the Leafs in Boston and salvaged a point last night.  He stoned Kessel at least 4 times, and made a number of other great saves.  1. Bruins are really slow, especially on defense.  How many times did the Leafs get behind them?  Leaf's speeed (especially Kessel's) made them look like a bunch of pylons.  I wouldn't trade the leafs defencemen for the Bruins defencemen even with Chara back there and that's saying something.  The Bruin defence is a team weakness.  Wideman played over 25 minutes!  What is CJ thinking? 2. Bergeron is a great player that needs #1 center minutes.  Look how good he was last night.  Play Bergeron 22-25 minutes every game - maybe more.  Should have done the same thing with Savard. 3. Lucic is either really injured or completely void of confidence.  Is he really that slow on the wing?  Phaneuf just about tatooed him in the boards. 4. Krecji was horrible last night.  His only move on the night was on Kessel playing back and he still didn't get a shot on net.   Wheeler and Paille were non-existant. Bruins have a lot more holes to fill then I first thought.  Are there any defencemen in their farm system ready to play in the NHL?  Maybe they need to think of getting another good defenceman with one of their picks (perhaps their 1st round pick - not TO's)  Depending on Savard's prognosis, the Bruins may be better off getting Seguin after all as their 3rd center.  I think the Leafs will still finish 2nd last so if Edmonton gets Hall, Seguin would go to the Bruins which would definitely be an upgrade to what I saw of Krecji. What to do? Build thru the draft, get McTavish as coach and get  more team speed on this team.  Thank God for the goaltending or you'd be playing golf with the Leafs Not many teams that look bad playing against the Toronto Marlies....
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I agree with you except on 2 points.
    1St -Krecji didn't play that bad, if his wingers had ANY talent he would of had at least 2 assists yesterday.
    2nd- forget Mctavish, the guy lost it years ago, I still think that Julien can do his job but recently I`ve been questioning his coaching. Wideman playing way too much, Ryder not being sat down and putting the 4th line when we need a goal with about 2 minutes left. Hopefully he could get back to his coach of the year coaching!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Objective view of the Bruins:
    MacTavish killed someone drinking and driving while playing here and did a year in jail. When released he was ran out of town by the Bruins fans, I don't think he'd want to relive that so forget him coaching the Bruins
    Posted by bobby774

You know, I completely forgot about that. You're right.

In actuality I was really suggesting they simply need to replace CJ, IMHO.

The team has no character, no identity right now....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

This game was more important than just the 2 points for playoffs. PC dissed Burk by telling media that he expected a top pick in return for Kess, therfore it is important to win these games, to bury the leafs and to gain playoff points.

Cj is problem again, he had been moving forward, but it seems that he can't get past rolling 4 lines. He has the players he has and that is the end of it, he must work them into the game, but he is only trying to play matchup and that sometimes is almost conceding the loss.

But coaching,
    4th line playing a full minute shift from the 18 min to 19 min of third, what is up.
    4th lines went head to head almost every shift our 4th had 4 extra shifts, 2 late in second and 2 in third(1 as noted above), no confrontations and most of bumping came from their side. We also used Pail and Beg in OT, wtfis going on. Coming on after commercial timeouts.

We bring up a small D Penner(I think they thought he was Dustin) with speed and finesse and we throw him out to match against their 4th line bangers, he did OK but his finesse was overmatched with Braun, he should have been tried against Kess as not too many have speed to match and he couldn't really have given him any more breakaways.

Wideman was good and also the worst player I have ever seen, wish he would make up his mind what player he is. Too many mins, way too many mins, I don't know how many times he has played more mins than Chara, but far too many and I am counting last night as 1 of them(Z didn't play).

Someone mentioned Ryder as a partial blame on last goal, not a chance, he was on off side and Wideman pinched and fell down  and he came over and tried to cut it off and TO was off to the Races and Ryder chased and dove to take away the play and almost succeeded and would have if Hunwick had shut down his man. Hunwick not enough computer space to get started on him. Also Krej's man Kulemin stole the puck from Krej went down the ice and scored with Krej(-3) just following up as puck goes into the net, watch it over and over and over, all he had to do was skate.
    Poor control of D ice time.

Top line played awesome and should have played more mins.
    Shifts
    1st line 24Rech 27 Sturm and Berg
    2nd line 20 Ryd 23Wheel and 25Krej
    3rd line  15Luc &Sob 16Sat
    4th line   15 Thorn  18 Pail & Beg

You give Thorn 7-8 shifts if you need a fight if not leave him on the bench, Pail  and Beg can have an extra few shifts on the PK and maybe with a top line forward. 3rd line at about 18 shifts, 6 per period. 2nd line at 24 and 8per and give  top line 30+ or 10+ per period.
        You do this and everyone knows who is the top line, top lines should always get far and away the most mins and the fans get the most bang for their buck if the primadonas are on the ice. Our problem is we have 3 regularly underacheiving lines and a 4th line that still does not know it's job or a coach that doesn't know what a 4th is for. If you are going to play them and expect them to score then bring up your top line from the AHL and give them the minutes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Objective view of the Bruins:
    One point out of order before it gains steam: NO MacTavish!  The guy let a personal vendetta against a guy he felt was overpaid undermine his team.  He rode Dustin Penner, not to make him better, but out of his own ill will.  Now, I might want to rip into Ryder for being an overpaid lazy F**k, but I don't want a coach who does it unless that's what will get Ryder to play like a 30 goal guy.  MacTavish has some skills as a coach, but I don't trust him.  And his last team, after a surprise Cup finals appearance, disappeared into an unstructured black hole of talentless nothing. As with Beauchemin and Komesarik at the start of the year, if you mis-cast a defenseman so that he plays more minutes than he's able, you're going to make him look bad.  Stuart, who many on this board think is a stud in waiting, looked hopeless last night.  Yeah, he played with Wideman and that will make life tricky, but he got out hustled and out muscled in one on ones and he got caught playing a bouncing puck and not his man on the 3rd goal.  You can only blame so much on playing with Wideman.  Hunwick got top 4 minutes only because the third pair is high calibre AHL guys right now.  Hunwick isn't better, he's just been around longer.  I thought Seidenberg made some solid, smart plays, but you can see he's starting to learn that he's in for some hairy nights playing with anyone but Chara.  Take away Chara (1) and Ference (4) and you're going to have a lot of minutes against good players to cover with guys whose games aren't there.  This D will never be great but they can be more than adequate if everyone is in the right role. Same sort of deal as above - you don't necessarily get more from guys if you play them more.  Might work with Bergeron and that line.  I don't know if it would have worked with Savard and the empty sweater gang he had for wingers. Yeah, Lucic is that injured.  On the Primeau goal, you could see he had no flexibility in his lower body, so he couldn't keep position on Primeau to protect the puck or get any mustard on his backhand.  He has no legs right now. Krejci isn't really a one on one guy.  His moves are more about creating space for passes or give and gos.  He did it at least three or four times last night, but he needs help to turn his moves into points.  Ryder, Paille, Wheeler - not one of them has the hockey intelligence to make it work right now. They don't have anyone in the system ready for a jump or they'd bring him up.  McQuaid is the closest and he's not necessarily an upgrade on what they have here.  And he's injured. Seguin or Hall will help just by raising the talent level on the team.  They may not produce great numbers right away, but they'll be a lot more fun for our current centres to play alongside.  As above, I wouldn't suggest that Seguin will have more success with those wingers than Krejci has had, but put him with DK and maybe you have someone who understands and can execute the give and go off the cycle.
    Posted by Bookboy007

insightful post

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PP was great to watch Rec, directing traffic, need more shots ON NET!