Offer Sheet used

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Offer Sheet used

The Sharks have just signed Hjarlmarsson of the Hawks to an offer sheet according to TSN.

Pucksage.com picked him to be a primed candidate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

Re: Offer Sheet used

In Response to Offer Sheet used:
    The Sharks have just signed Hjarlmarsson of the Hawks to an offer sheet according to TSN. Pucksage.com picked him to be a primed candidate.
    Posted by bandgbleeder

4yrs $14 millon total

First- and third-round pick comp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Chi still has 7 days to match, with 3.6m in cap space.

In Response to Re: Offer Sheet used:
    In Response to Offer Sheet used : 4yrs $14 millon total First- and third-round pick comp.
    Posted by tmmanning

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonfan4ever2010. Show Bostonfan4ever2010's posts

It is gonna get ugly I love it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I doubt Chicago minds the draft picks . . . . in fact that's what they're trying to get from their salary dump trades.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Too bad that the Hawks don't have Dale Tallon as GM anymore...

Stan the Rookie seems to be gettin' ripped apart these days...

Looks the Hawks won't win another Cup for a very long time...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Too bad that the Hawks don't have Dale Tallon as GM anymore... Stan the Rookie seems to be gettin' ripped apart these days... Looks the Hawks won't win another Cup for a very long time...
    Posted by RMiller87

You have told us time and time again that Tallon built that Hawks team and Bowman just right-place-right-timed it.

Nice job by Tallon!  That team is getting ripped apart right now due to his incredibly poor cap management.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The team that Tallon built won the Cup...

Cannot blame Tallon for all of Bowman's subsequent mistakes...

I really dunno how that guy could let a player like Byfuglien go anyways...

He was the Hawks' best player in the playoffs ?

Oh well, just desserts for the way that the Blackhawks unceremoniously threw Tallon under the bus, I guess...

Hopefully, the Hawks won't have to wait another 49 years like last time...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Probably could have held on to most of the guys if they weren't carrying Tallon's contracts for Campbell and Huet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That must be why he won the Conn Smythe...what's that?  Toews won it?  Oh, well scratch that then.

Can you blame Tallon for his earlier mistakes?  Like signing a ridiculous deal with Huet when he still had a ridiculous deal with Khabibulin on the books?  What about signing Brian Campbell to a truly stupid amount of money to be the #3 defenseman?  How about being director of player development during the years immediately prior the to Hawks going into the toilet thanks to a lack of player development?

Byfuglien?  You mean the guy drafted 245th overall in 2003 that they dealt for a two picks in the top 40?  The guy who has never scored 20 goals in an NHL season?  The trade that meant they could keep a much more important player in Patrick Sharp?  How could they let him go? 

Tallon's fax machine error probably wasn't his, but he eats it anyway because that's they way it is when you're the GM.  He probably cost that organization about eight figures with that blunder, not to mention what it did to their chances of winning more than the one Cup.

Tallon's flavour of the year in the GM world.  Last year it was the "brilliant" Ray Shero and before that the "incredible" Brian Burke.  Each of these guys won a Cup on the backs of walking into a real sweetheart situation and not blowing it.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that whoever wins the cup this year, their GM will be hailed for whatever visionary strategy he used to put his team together - unless it's PC, in which case the cry of "Fluke!" will echo up and down the coast.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

and we'll be talking about Dave Tallon when Horton gets 30+ goals while Wideman is at a minus.  Wink

As for this offer sheet I think the Hawks will match (although that salary is kind of steep) . They cannot lose their young talent.  What they might be doing (and I think it was their intention before this) is try to trade Sopel.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

and we'll be talking about Dave Tallon when Horton gets 30+ goals while Wideman is at a minus.  As for this offer sheet I think the Hawks will match (although that salary is kind of steep) . They cannot lose their young talent.  What they might be doing (and I think it was their intention before this) is try to trade Sopel.
    Posted by BsLegion

Sopel went to Atlanta with Byfuglien.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Offer Sheet used : Sopel went to Atlanta with Byfuglien.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Oh well .... will tidy up on my hockey facts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Talon is the reason Bowman has to make all these moves. Talon is the one who signed Brian Campbell to that ridiculous contract. Talon is the one who gave Hossa a 12-year deal when he knew that Toews, Kane & Keith were up for raises. Talon is the one who gave the big contract to Huet that the Hawks really want to get rid of. Talon gave the players the bonuses in their contracts that caused the team to go over the bonus limit which makes the Hawks salary cap $4 million less than the rest of the league. Talon put the Blackhawks in this position. Bowman doesn't have a choice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

I think Tallon could very be one of the best if not theee best GM In hockey today. 

If there is any mention of Zach Hamill in my post, well golly it's only my vivid imaginatiion!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think Tallon could very be one of the best if not theee best GM In hockey today.  *********** If there is any mention of Zach Hamill in my post, well golly it's only my vivid imaginatiion!
    Posted by mebackagin

He'll need a little more experience in just about every aspect of his job before I give him that much credit.  He made some good trades, but gave some really bad contracts.  He gets a lot of credit for his drafting, but honestly, how difficult was it to pick Kane and Toews?  Hjalmarsson is the only other pick he made that has done anything yet.

He's coming into Florida with a bare cupboard.  Let's see what he can do with that club in a few years before we use his name and "best" in the same sentence.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Tallon is trying to do what he did in Chicago.
    Have a low budget and get high draft picks for a few years, then spend big to get some star players for the young stars to play with, and take a shot at the cup.
    Simple plan, until he asks the ownership in Florida to step up and open their wallets.
    Tallon may not get the response he wants.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

It kid of seems like Tallon knew he was going to be leaving Chicago, or maybe he had some serious disagreements with ownership and wanted badly to spite them.  I just can't believe that anyone who is sane would give guys like Hossa and Campbell the ridiculous amount of money and term that they got.  Tallon knew he has Keith, Kane, and Toews on the team.  Those were really the only three guys he had to lock up long term.  I bet alot of GM's are somewhat ticked at Tallon for signing less than elite players to elite contracts. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It kid of seems like Tallon knew he was going to be leaving Chicago, or maybe he had some serious disagreements with ownership and wanted badly to spite them.  I just can't believe that anyone who is sane would give guys like Hossa and Campbell the ridiculous amount of money and term that they got.  Tallon knew he has Keith, Kane, and Toews on the team.  Those were really the only three guys he had to lock up long term.  I bet alot of GM's are somewhat ticked at Tallon for signing less than elite players to elite contracts. 
    Posted by shaunk

The 30 year old Hossa was coming off a 40 goal season, the third time he'd reached that plateau in his career.  I'd say he's elite.

Campbell was all the rage.  Watching him play against the B's when he was with Buffalo, I didn't really understand the hoopla, but some GMs were knee deep in it.

Of course, you don't really believe that Tallon signed those contracts as an act of sabotage, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

No, not the players, obviously they didn't have a hand in any sort of sabotage, if you want to call it that.  I'll correct myself, Hossa is an elite player, yes.  Campbell, Huet, no.  But still, if I am GM, I don't care if a guy scores 79 goals in two seasons during his career, I am not signing him to a 12 year deal. That is just too long for what his age is.  One may say he is a bargain at 5.275, but not really when you've got Toews, Seabrook, and Kane on that team.  The Blackhawks didn't need Hossa and Campbell so badly that they needed to retire them as Chicago Blackhawks. That money is just unmovable now.  I mean, look at the islanders and the DiPietro contract.  He has all the makings of an elite goaltender, but he is hurt all the time.  I would be shaking my head saying, "oh man, we have this guy for another 11 years..."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah but just wait until 11 years from now!

I guess that is a little more depressing that wait 'til next year.

Chef, I'm not really interested in kicking Tallon, just balancing the hero worship attached to the flavour of the month.  Yep, the team Tallon built won the Cup.  Good for him, and he deserves credit.  As NAS said here or elsewhere, he made some good trades, didn't blow it when he had high draft picks, and did a good job of finding late round picks with latent potential.  He also made some truly inexplicable signings for bizarre dollars and terms, and those signings will probably cost the Hawks a realistic shot at repeating because they've seriously compromised the second tier talent on that roster.  They're going to lose Hjalmarsson because they just can't afford to match - and the compensation will not help them repeat even if it helps them manage the cap over the long haul.  They already lost Stewart, and they had to deal Sopel.  The point, then, is that Tallon is being praised on merit for building this team; he was also fired on merit for hamstringing this team.

They went Marlin.  They put all their eggs in one basket.  The got lucky and things broke their way - none of their top players was injured, the #7 seed came out of the East, they own Luongo and the Sedins, and their highest-rated opponent in the playoffs was those kings of Folderrama, the Sharks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I also feel Tallon's days were counted when the Bowman's moved in and this was before his fax fiasco. 
    Huet deal was crazy !! The Habs built Huet (almost feel he should give 25% of his salary back to Habs LOL) .  The same way they built Halak,  he will not become a Vezina winner .  Anyways this is another story altogether.
    Tallon over estimated Huet .
    Campbell,  Shot has it correct, so many GM's pee'd their pants over this guy. I think that cup run with the Sabres made him out to be more than he really is.
    The secret for Hawks was so many draft picks and not only top tier picks. They just loaded and re-loaded year after year.

My question to Bruin fans ,  are all these so called mistakes Tallon did (and Hawks still paying for) worth winning a cup ?  

I for one am dying for the Bruins to win a cup and might be willing to pay this price.
    Who knows , PC is a Harvard grad (lol) and maybe can pull it off with not so many bad contracts, getting rid of some bad contracts ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I also feel Tallon's days were counted when the Bowman's moved in and this was before his fax fiasco.  Huet deal was crazy !! The Habs built Huet (almost feel he should give 25% of his salary back to Habs LOL) .  The same way they built Halak,  he will not become a Vezina winner .  Anyways this is another story altogether. Tallon over estimated Huet . Campbell,  Shot has it correct, so many GM's pee'd their pants over this guy. I think that cup run with the Sabres made him out to be more than he really is. The secret for Hawks was so many draft picks and not only top tier picks. They just loaded and re-loaded year after year. My question to Bruin fans ,  are all these so called mistakes Tallon did (and Hawks still paying for) worth winning a cup ?   I for one am dying for the Bruins to win a cup and might be willing to pay this price. Who knows , PC is a Harvard grad (lol) and maybe can pull it off with not so many bad contracts, getting rid of some bad contracts ?  
    Posted by BsLegion

After they win, I don't care what happens.  Win five more or fold the club.  I don't care.  Just win the dang Cup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I think Tallon could very be one of the best if not theee best GM In hockey today.  *********** If there is any mention of Zach Hamill in my post, well golly it's only my vivid imaginatiion!
    Posted by mebackagin

Tallon is good -- there's no doubt about that...

Hilarious reading some of these sad and jealous posters trying to criticize Dale Tallon for having built a CUP WINNING TEAM...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The Hawks' biggest problem now is their current GM is a rookie...

Anyone else who didn't see Byfuglien's handling of Pronger in the Stanley Cup Finals as the key to the Hawks' Cup win just don't know hockey.... PERIOD !

Bowmans never make good GMs...

Sections
Shortcuts