Ohh Ohh!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Ohh Ohh!

Before you get too hunky dory about this years picks after Tyler and Hall beware I love Emerson Etems speed Med. hat 37-28 65pts

Daniel P. (Guelph )    37-43 80 pts  Daniel 20th in the 1st
    Trent W. ( Spokane) 38-44 82 pts. Trent was a 4th rounder

Be carefull what you wish for!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Ohh Ohh!

In Response to Ohh Ohh!:
    Before you get too hunky dory about this years picks after Tyler and Hall beware I love Emerson Etems speed Med. hat 37-28 65pts Daniel P. (Guelph )    37-43 80 pts  Daniel 20th in the 1st Trent W. ( Spokane) 38-44 82 pts. Trent was a 4th rounder Be carefull what you wish for!
    Posted by mebackagin

People have no idea what they're talking about.  Most people see a few clips and read a few opinions and decide that this kid or that kid is a must have.  They see one game or read two lists and pick a guy and that's that.  It's the same with the infatuation over Nino Nitteiiritieeto. 

I've been reading it here for weeks.  "It would be great if the B's got Player A.  He's going to be a stud."  "I'd like to see them trade up to pick X and take Player B.  He's the complete package."  "If the B's do keep the #15 pick, it's okay as long as Player C falls to there."  "You think Player D is going to be around at that pick?  You're crazy!"

It's so dumb.  The draft never follows the ISS order, and it is always full of surprises.  After the dust settles, a few years later, you see how many of the guys uninformed posters were bananas about have turned into nothing more than AHLers...at best.

It's the new age of the draft.  I understand.  We never used to be able to see any of these kids on video.  The Hockey News draft preview was about as close as you'd get to being informed on the true ins and out of the players.  You'd have a slight idea of who is who if you kept up on the happenings in the small THN blurb on the CHL.  Today, people have access to all these different video clips and the opinions of every scout, wannabe scout, fan, unnamed GM, unnamed trainer from Junior B.

There are a couple of guys here who do have great insight.  The Chowderkid with 500+ posts (who doesn't like me very much) has great insight on the OHL because he spends a lot of his life at OHL games.  Example:  Earlier someone posted something about Skinner, suggesting that he's an average skater at best.  Chowder, who has seen Skinner many times, suggested the exact opposite.  My deduction:  Skinner is a great skater.

Where am I going with all of this:  Everyone thinks they know so much about these kids and have crystal balls on what will happen.  The truth is almost all of them are totally uninformed.  It's why you'll never see me offer any prediction on where a guy will go and who will take him.  It's a great unknown.

I participate in a draft pool each year where usually seven to ten guys draw out their draft day predictions.  Whoever gets the most guys at the right slot, wins the pot.  I think the best score ever from the first round was 14. 

No one knows what will happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Ohh Ohh!:
    In Response to Ohh Ohh! : People have no idea what they're talking about.  Most people see a few clips and read a few opinions and decide that this kid or that kid is a must have.  They see one game or read two lists and pick a guy and that's that.  It's the same with the infatuation over Nino Nitteiiritieeto.  I've been reading it here for weeks.  "It would be great if the B's got Player A.  He's going to be a stud."  "I'd like to see them trade up to pick X and take Player B.  He's the complete package."  "If the B's do keep the #15 pick, it's okay as long as Player C falls to there."  "You think Player D is going to be around at that pick?  You're crazy!" It's so dumb.  The draft never follows the ISS order, and it is always full of surprises.  After the dust settles, a few years later, you see how many of the guys uninformed posters were bananas about have turned into nothing more than AHLers...at best. It's the new age of the draft.  I understand.  We never used to be able to see any of these kids on video.  The Hockey News draft preview was about as close as you'd get to being informed on the true ins and out of the players.  You'd have a slight idea of who is who if you kept up on the happenings in the small THN blurb on the CHL.  Today, people have access to all these different video clips and the opinions of every scout, wannabe scout, fan, unnamed GM, unnamed trainer from Junior B. There are a couple of guys here who do have great insight.  The Chowderkid with 500+ posts (who doesn't like me very much) has great insight on the OHL because he spends a lot of his life at OHL games.  Example:  Earlier someone posted something about Skinner, suggesting that he's an average skater at best.  Chowder, who has seen Skinner many times, suggested the exact opposite.  My deduction:  Skinner is a great skater. Where am I going with all of this:  Everyone thinks they know so much about these kids and have crystal balls on what will happen.  The truth is almost all of them are totally uninformed.  It's why you'll never see me offer any prediction on where a guy will go and who will take him.  It's a great unknown. I participate in a draft pool each year where usually seven to ten guys draw out their draft day predictions.  Whoever gets the most guys at the right slot, wins the pot.  I think the best score ever from the first round was 14.  No one knows what will happen.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It's not that I don't like you not a shot because you have some great opinions and enjoy your thoughts. I just don't like how you convey your opinions sometimes . You do it in a arrogant , ' I am better than you ' kind of way , while belittling most posters . I am not a big fan of people who think they are better than everybody else. I posted awhile back on the very topic you posted above . I was upset about the things you mentioned above. How could people make like they are the Mel Kiper of hockey when they haven't seen these players ? I watched 100-150 OHL games this year and was saying to myself these people have no clue what they are talking about because it was false info. If I had responded to every post I thought was incorrect I would have been on the computer all day doing what you are doing at the very moment.

I disagree with a ton of posts regarding OHL draft prospects, proposed trade ideas and player evaluation but I realize that these opinions ( as crazy,wrong and off the wall they may be ) are what makes these boards as interesting as they are.

not a shot , sit back, read and enjoy these boards . You don't have to ridicule every bad comment and idea you see ( because there's lots). Laugh at some of the bad ideas and move on to the next one instead of feeling like you are a gunslinger and have to tell each and every one of them they're wrong . That's what I and many others do.

P.S. Anybody who is interested in good OHL info, pay attention to winexpos posts. ( season ticket holder for the Windsor Spitfires ) IMO he is bang on in all his OHL comments and I for one respect his opinion on this .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And right after I get done reading this, the next post I read starts with "I think it would be worth it to trade up for Fowler or Gudbranson, but not Gormley."

I really don't riducule every bad comment.  I let a lot go!  Like...that ^ statement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Ohh Ohh! : It's not that I don't like you not a shot because you have some great opinions and enjoy your thoughts. I just don't like how you convey your opinions sometimes . You do it in a arrogant , ' I am better than you ' kind of way , while belittling most posters . I am not a big fan of people who think they are better than everybody else. I posted awhile back on the very topic you posted above . I was upset about the things you mentioned above. How could people make like they are the Mel Kiper of hockey when they haven't seen these players ? I watched 100-150 OHL games this year and was saying to myself these people have no clue what they are talking about because it was false info. If I had responded to every post I thought was incorrect I would have been on the computer all day doing what you are doing at the very moment. I disagree with a ton of posts regarding OHL draft prospects, proposed trade ideas and player evaluation but I realize that these opinions ( as crazy,wrong and off the wall they may be ) are what makes these boards as interesting as they are.   not a shot , sit back, read and enjoy these boards . You don't have to ridicule every bad comment and idea you see ( because there's lots). Laugh at some of the bad ideas and move on to the next one instead of feeling like you are a gunslinger and have to tell each and every one of them they're wrong . That's what I and many others do. P.S. Anybody who is interested in good OHL info, pay attention to winexpos posts. ( season ticket holder for the Windsor Spitfires ) IMO he is bang on in all his OHL comments and I for one respect his opinion on this .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

i agree.  i don't put anyone down on these boards because their opinion is different than mine.....well...with the exception of "stanley".   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And right after I get done reading this, the next post I read starts with "I think it would be worth it to trade up for Fowler or Gudbranson, but not Gormley." I really don't riducule every bad comment.  I let a lot go!  Like...that ^ statement.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

See ,I have my opinion on Fowler and Gudbranson because of games watched with them. Gormley I've seen only twice so I stay away from that post because of not knowing Gormley that good . Let the original poster have his say and ignore the possibility that he might have seen the three play a combined 5 games. Move to the next post .     P.S. I like them both but ( now this is just my opinion so don't shoot me ) there's something about Gudbranson's nastiness I like in him and I think his offensive skills are close to Fowler's. But that's my opinion , doesn't mean it's right. 

Don't let every bad post get to you. What I've learned is for every 5 bad posts you go through there is that one post where you say this guy knows what he's talking about and it makes it worthwhile to make a comment and talk hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Ohh Ohh! : See ,I have my opinion on Fowler and Gudbranson because of games watched with them. Gormley I've seen only twice so I stay away from that post because of not knowing Gormley that good . Let the original poster have his say and ignore the possibility that he might have seen the three play a combined 5 games. Move to the next post .     P.S. I like them both but ( now this is just my opinion so don't shoot me ) there's something about Gudbranson's nastiness I like in him and I think his offensive skills are close to Fowler's. But that's my opinion , doesn't mean it's right.  Don't let every bad post get to you. What I've learned is for every 5 bad posts you go through there is that one post where you say this guy knows what he's talking about and it makes it worthwhile to make a comment and talk hockey.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

WOW, I read a couple of posts... one where you stated anothers post was a BAD opinion because he stated it arrogantly.... then you state you have a great opinion of someone because YOU HAVE WATCHED THEM....  like you ability to see something is so much better than others?  Seems a little arrogant to me- as I read it!

I guess what I find amazing is that people read these words, and they just assume that "their impression"- "Their feelings with the words", "their thoughts about what they think they see between the lines" is arrogance- when if the truth be told- those feelings come more from the reader than the writer..... UNLESS.....
    JOHN.... JOHN.... JOHN STEINBECK ARE YOU HERE?

NOPE, I didn't think so- these are all beginning writers, and the feelings you get are from YOUR own arrogant underpinnings not from some feeling they imposed on you with their words....

NOW this is all my own opinion- but hey I have watched people die (up close and personal) for many years.... so I am entiteld (due to watching) to state my opinion also.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Ohh Ohh! : WOW, I read a couple of posts... one where you stated anothers post was a BAD opinion because he stated it arrogantly.... then you state you have a great opinion of someone because YOU HAVE WATCHED THEM....  like you ability to see something is so much better than others?  Seems a little arrogant to me- as I read it! I guess what I find amazing is that people read these words, and they just assume that "their impression"- "Their feelings with the words", "their thoughts about what they think they see between the lines" is arrogance- when if the truth be told- those feelings come more from the reader than the writer..... UNLESS..... JOHN.... JOHN.... JOHN STEINBECK ARE YOU HERE? NOPE, I didn't think so- these are all beginning writers, and the feelings you get are from YOUR own arrogant underpinnings not from some feeling they imposed on you with their words.... NOW this is all my own opinion- but hey I have watched people die (up close and personal) for many years.... so I am entiteld (due to watching) to state my opinion also.
    Posted by FenwayChuck

Do us a favor dude, stick to the Sox board.  Not a shot and chowdah know probably 10x more about hockey than you do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Ohh Ohh! : People have no idea what they're talking about.  Most people see a few clips and read a few opinions and decide that this kid or that kid is a must have.  They see one game or read two lists and pick a guy and that's that.  It's the same with the infatuation over Nino Nitteiiritieeto.  I've been reading it here for weeks.  "It would be great if the B's got Player A.  He's going to be a stud."  "I'd like to see them trade up to pick X and take Player B.  He's the complete package."  "If the B's do keep the #15 pick, it's okay as long as Player C falls to there."  "You think Player D is going to be around at that pick?  You're crazy!" It's so dumb.  The draft never follows the ISS order, and it is always full of surprises.  After the dust settles, a few years later, you see how many of the guys uninformed posters were bananas about have turned into nothing more than AHLers...at best. It's the new age of the draft.  I understand.  We never used to be able to see any of these kids on video.  The Hockey News draft preview was about as close as you'd get to being informed on the true ins and out of the players.  You'd have a slight idea of who is who if you kept up on the happenings in the small THN blurb on the CHL.  Today, people have access to all these different video clips and the opinions of every scout, wannabe scout, fan, unnamed GM, unnamed trainer from Junior B. There are a couple of guys here who do have great insight.  The Chowderkid with 500+ posts (who doesn't like me very much) has great insight on the OHL because he spends a lot of his life at OHL games.  Example:  Earlier someone posted something about Skinner, suggesting that he's an average skater at best.  Chowder, who has seen Skinner many times, suggested the exact opposite.  My deduction:  Skinner is a great skater. Where am I going with all of this:  Everyone thinks they know so much about these kids and have crystal balls on what will happen.  The truth is almost all of them are totally uninformed.  It's why you'll never see me offer any prediction on where a guy will go and who will take him.  It's a great unknown. I participate in a draft pool each year where usually seven to ten guys draw out their draft day predictions.  Whoever gets the most guys at the right slot, wins the pot.  I think the best score ever from the first round was 14.  No one knows what will happen.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Ego tripping is not a good idea.  You know if one simple fool you ridicule has a good idea and you don't recognize the thought then you are the bigger fool.  Grow up!  Probabilities like the suggestions of Bookboy, or DrCC, or BadHab are more enlightening than your tripping.  Chowder is a good read always but so are another twenty like Local81, or Dunnie.  Give me a break.  When you speak only of hockey you are the best too. So stop the visits through the men's bathroom mirror or the drive by postal remarks.  Good Day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Ohh Ohh! : See ,I have my opinion on Fowler and Gudbranson because of games watched with them. Don't let every bad post get to you.  worthwhile to make a comment and talk hockey.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowda not telling you what say or do but read the bold. You can't cure density nor teach manners to some. "NADA" doesn't care what you think or what you write about the more you reply the more "IT" likes "IT'S" pissing you off.

It's probably imafan with a new user name Peace!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Ohh Ohh! : WOW, I read a couple of posts... one where you stated anothers post was a BAD opinion because he stated it arrogantly.... then you state you have a great opinion of someone because YOU HAVE WATCHED THEM....  like you ability to see something is so much better than others?  Seems a little arrogant to me- as I read it! I guess what I find amazing is that people read these words, and they just assume that "their impression"- "Their feelings with the words", "their thoughts about what they think they see between the lines" is arrogance- when if the truth be told- those feelings come more from the reader than the writer..... UNLESS..... JOHN.... JOHN.... JOHN STEINBECK ARE YOU HERE? NOPE, I didn't think so- these are all beginning writers, and the feelings you get are from YOUR own arrogant underpinnings not from some feeling they imposed on you with their words.... NOW this is all my own opinion- but hey I have watched people die (up close and personal) for many years.... so I am entiteld (due to watching) to state my opinion also.
    Posted by FenwayChuck

You have taken the statements out of context.  I can understand why, but here you are 100% wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

You don't suppose that a Habs' or Leafs' fan would post here just to annoy Bruin fans... 

Naw, that would just be crazy !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You don't suppose that a Habs' or Leafs' fan would post here just to annoy Bruin fans...  Naw, that would just be crazy !
    Posted by RMiller87

Naw that wouldn't happen...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Fenway , don't know how you interpretated my post the way you did but let's try again just for you .
    Poster A reads a comment  about a player at a game and is instantly an expert at the whole makeup of a player and how good he is .He then proceeds to tell the B's board how good or bad this board the player is.
    Poster B has watched this player play 20 games and disagrees.

Fenway , whose opinion would you rather listen to whether right or wrong ? The guy who has done a 5 minute read on that player or the one who has watched that player for many games. I know who I would pick as there are a lot of players I don't comment on because of limited exposure to watching these guys . Why say something when you don't have the knowledge ? I don't give in depth analysis of players I haven't seen in any league . That would be phony and I don't believe that's the right way to form an opinion. ( But let me set this straight , it shouldn't stop people from posting their opinions on this board , it's their right to have a say , I just don't agree with that type of posting )

And if you would have read all of our posts ( not a shot and me ) you'd under stand what I was trying to tell my friend not a shot.

Hopefully this has helped you understand what point I was trying to make because your mumble jumble post..........sorry I mean your psychoanalysis of my post was a little off.

Now back to your patients.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Sorry guys I forgot the credits ( like at the end of a movie ). jalvis ,issy sandog and beantowm thanks for the advice and kind words . Really like all your posting. Keep up the good thoughts.

and to you not a shot I also thank you for your understanding for where I am going with this telling fenway he is 100% wrong . i hope you realize that the point I'm trying to get across to you is to temper your enthusiasm for conflict with other posters . You'll still get into them ( as I have with fenway on this post ) just don't go looking for them as much as you have in the past. It would make the reading on these boards a little easier . 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Ohh Ohh! : I participate in a draft pool each year where usually seven to ten guys draw out their draft day predictions.  Whoever gets the most guys at the right slot, wins the pot.  I think the best score ever from the first round was 14.  No one knows what will happen.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Interesting experiment:  this year, check what score the East and West scouts that have mock drafts on NHL.com would get.  I suspect that, once you get past the top ten, the (presumably) highly informed opinions will only fare a bit better than an article/highlight reel informed opinion.
    Or a monkey with a dart, for that matter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

But, does watching a game as a fan inform you more then someone who actually does the reading, and reads the pro scouting reports on said players.. Everyone should form their own opinions, but I saw alot of players coming out of hockey east that were dominant, or beast.. Mowers, haydar, krog, all 3 kariyas, Sean Collins, Gionta, Drury, Kobasew (animal as a freshmen.. etc).. So (and this isnt a knock).  Seeing the guy play a lot and dominate isnt the same and being able to translate what you are seeing, and how will that translate to the next level..

Not to mention how many people have no idea what they are talking about to begin with.. My biggest pet peeve at a game maybe listening to fans boo/argue obvious calls..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Not-A-Shot. Wheteher I agree or disagree, at least I know your posts are YOUR real opinion and they are always understandable. Some of these posts just don't make any dang sense :P

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

But, does watching a game as a fan inform you more then someone who actually does the reading, and reads the pro scouting reports on said players.. Everyone should form their own opinions, but I saw alot of players coming out of hockey east that were dominant, or beast.. Mowers, haydar, krog, all 3 kariyas, Sean Collins, Gionta, Drury, Kobasew (animal as a freshmen.. etc).. So (and this isnt a knock).  Seeing the guy play a lot and dominate isnt the same and being able to translate what you are seeing, and how will that translate to the next level.. Not to mention how many people have no idea what they are talking about to begin with.. My biggest pet peeve at a game maybe listening to fans boo/argue obvious calls..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Rolerhockey , agree totally with your statement that everybody should form their own opinions . But who is forming their own opinion , the person watching an event with their own two eyes to form their opinion ? Or the person who is reading someone elses comments ( opinion ) in a newspaper , internet or magazine to form their opinion ? Sounds like the latter is relying on someone else's view of how it is .

Doesn't mean either person is right or wrong but at least one has not relied on someone else to say what they think .

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thomasforveniza. Show thomasforveniza's posts

You don't suppose that a Habs' or Leafs' fan would post here just to annoy Bruin fans...  Naw, that would just be crazy !
    Posted by RMiller87

Or say, oh I don't know maybe Buffalo fans?  Maybe... RMiller?