Oilers want Seguin sorry for the Seguin lovers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Oilers want Seguin sorry for the Seguin lovers

If you read the Edmonton papers it looks more and more that they are 50% Seguin 50% Hall ....who will go first we'll find out Friday night but it wouldnt be such a big surprise if you would hear Seguin as the 1st pick overall

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: Oilers want Seguin sorry for the Seguin lovers

that was me pressing the button 50% for seguin .oilers will not give up hall ,you can take that to the bank

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Just watched a special on the NHL network and after seeing the interview process am 90% sure the Oilers are taking Seguin.  Hall couldn't say why he wanted to be an Oiler (probably because he doesn't want to be one), and was grilled about his reckless playing style.  Seguin nailed the same question and had them eating out of his hands.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I preferred Seguin.  I'll get over it eventually.  Oh.  I think I just got over it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

As said many times on this board, "It's a win-win for the Bruins".  I am excited to watch Tyler/Taylor skate for the B's!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

The only way P.C. screws this up is if he gives up ANYTHING to Edmonton in a trade to pick first (or choose their guy). This is a great game of cat & mouse. Bruins want Hall but Seguin probably shows more potential upside. Edmonton plays it up like they want Hall but needs a center and cannot do wrong by picking Seguin first overall. Bruins just need to stand pat and take "the other guy"

* Side note -That Cam Fowler kid is going to be a star D-Man in this league for many years to come...I see some Brian Leetch there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

It's really a shame there isn't a really good player named Polk.Because it would have been the presidential play of the century. Tyler,Polk,Taylor in succession would have made history teachers everywheres in the USA take notice...I'm pretty sure the oilers will select Hall with the first pick in the draft. The only thing that could ruin this Draft is Chia Pet! If he starts thinking he should trade this pick someone should fire him immediately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

In Response to Re: Oilers want Seguin sorry for the Seguin lovers:
    It's really a shame there isn't a really good player named Polk.Because it would have been the presidential play of the century. Tyler,Polk,Taylor in succession would have made history teachers everywheres in the USA take notice...I'm pretty sure the oilers will select Hall with the first pick in the draft. The only thing that could ruin this Draft is Chia Pet! If he starts thinking he should trade this pick someone should fire him immediately.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

SB1- I like where your head is at!!! Then again, I am a History teacher and it's 4:30 in the morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Oilers want Seguin sorry for the Seguin lovers : SB1- I like where your head is at!!! Then again, I am a History teacher and it's 4:30 in the morning.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST

Are you going to teach this in class?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

"Oilers still undecided"

"Oilers considering Seguin"

"Bruins may get hall without having to make a trade"

^ more appropriate thread titles

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Unless he was to package Ryder in the trade, then I'd be all for it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

TSN's panel is convinced that Hall will be an Oiler.  I'm not sold on that, but it's pretty likely.  You would think with how close these two are that their positions would break the tie, but it doesn't seem to be factoring into the equation.  The Oilers are thinking long term and it's us that needs to fill a hole now.  I don't care who we get because we're getting a great player either way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Oilers want Seguin sorry for the Seguin lovers : SB1- I like where your head is at!!! Then again, I am a History teacher and it's 4:30 in the morning.
    Posted by ROWDYRODRUST

Was a history teacher and those Presidents were poor.... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

If you watched the special on TSN last night you would choose Seguin hands down. When Lowe was interviewing Hall, Kevin had a real confused look on his face. When he was interviewing Seguin he was smiling from ear to ear. We win no matter who Edmonton picks. Thank you Brian Burke. You made today feel like Christmas to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Posted by sportsbozo1

Interesting post, but somewhat wasted on this site. 73% of the posters here have no clue that we had Presidents named Tyler, Polk, and Taylor, let alone in that order. 34% cannot name the last 3 President's in order :P Hopefully Tyler and taylor turn out to be better hockey players than Tyler and Taylor were presidents.
    And you are right...if PC trades the pick he should be hog-tied and dragged through the streets of Boston by a Zamboni while the angry fans pummel him with pucks and sticks. But I don't think there is any chance hell he would do anything that absurdly stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So they are neck and neck in contention for the first overall pick on this board.

So the Bruins should trade to get Hall, even tho they might get him anyway.

These are the people who expect Hamill and Tommy Cross to crack the line up next year now that they've given up on Soderberg.

I hope those idiots finally shut up after the draft, but there will probably be threads all over saying the Bruins should have traded up to #1.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Draft day, time to state what is my perference, Tyler Seguin.  Please don't trade up unless Edmonton asks for Zach Hamil and Tommy Cross.  BTW I never liked Hamil as a pick, but I have been corrected many times with it was a lousy draft year.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Whats happening here is, and I have said it many times in other posts over the past few weeks is, Edmonton is holding the Bs hostage over this 1/2 pick. the truths they know Bos needs a winger, not a center and edmonton needs a center but are stating they will take the best player of the 2 which is resume wise is hall but talent wise, too close for anyone to call who is the best. The oilers want  PC to say, we want Hall and what do you want to not pick him. Its not gonna happen unless its a late draft pick or a roster player thats worth giving away. I said this before also. If PC stands still, takes whoever is available of those 2, it gives PC a better chance thru the rest of the draft to make deals, such as drafting seguin lets him deal away a center and if he gets Hall, then the focus will be on the D
    Stand Pat PC I Say

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

This whole time Ive wanted Hall. But for the past several weeks its seemed like we were getting Seguin. So I started to get siked for his arrival. Forgetting Hall. Now hearing that Oilers want Seguin Im starting to get jealous that they could take him away.

Win win either way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I still think if Edmonton doesn't take Hall Tambellini will have to leave the country or risk being dragged through the streets, hung from a telephone pole, and beaten with aluminum bats.  After the Memorial Cup, it'll be hard for the Oilers to pass on Hall.  P.S. - Just because the public is split between Hall and Seguin doesn't mean that the Oilers are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Here's how I see it. Seguin and Hall are so close it really does seem like 6 of one and a half dozen of the other. Everyone seems to be 50/50.

So, what if Tyler has a better career than Taylor or vice versa. The presure is on whomever picks first. If PC just sits back and takes the other guy, no presure, no chance of being the guy who "picked wrong". Unless there is a salary dump, it might not be worth getting the first pick. Is Hall really that much better than Seguin?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Canadian here says

Tippecanoe and Tyler#2. Manifest Destiny.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I prefer Seguin too :(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Whats happening here is, and I have said it many times in other posts over the past few weeks is, Edmonton is holding the Bs hostage over this 1/2 pick. the truths they know Bos needs a winger, not a center and edmonton needs a center but are stating they will take the best player of the 2 which is resume wise is hall but talent wise, too close for anyone to call who is the best. The oilers want  PC to say, we want Hall and what do you want to not pick him. Its not gonna happen unless its a late draft pick or a roster player thats worth giving away. I said this before also. If PC stands still, takes whoever is available of those 2, it gives PC a better chance thru the rest of the draft to make deals, such as drafting seguin lets him deal away a center and if he gets Hall, then the focus will be on the D Stand Pat PC I Say
    Posted by wallydouglas

OK, but its a lame hand that Tambellini is playing.  I guess you are right and he has to keep fishing even tho his bait is sitting in a bath tub, where there is more chance for a fish biting than the Bruins to bite.

PC said AGAIN today that
    1) you have 2 players that are extremely close
    2) with players that close, why would he give up a player, pick or prospect that he could use in a deal to get someone else?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Just watched a special on the NHL network and after seeing the interview process am 90% sure the Oilers are taking Seguin.  Hall couldn't say why he wanted to be an Oiler (probably because he doesn't want to be one), and was grilled about his reckless playing style.  Seguin nailed the same question and had them eating out of his hands.    
    Posted by TuukkainNet

When asked why he wanted to be an Oiler, I would've loved it if Hall said "I don't. I don't even know why I'm doing this dumba$$ interview, I'd rather flip flapjacks at Denny's than play for you sad sack losers, I'm looking sooooooo forward to pulling on that Black and Gold jersey June 25, now go back to jerking off over your Wayne Gretzky photos."

Just saying.

Sections
Shortcuts