Ok guys the truth is going to hurt from a long time Bruins fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: Ok guys the truth is going to hurt from a long time Bruins fan

Ok, I'm getting sick of all you bandwagon fans now. If the Bruins won last night you'd be on here screaming "The Bruins are going to win the Stanley Cup no doubt about it!"  Come on.  There's one possibly two games left in the series.  Get a grip.  You're not a true Bruins fan.  You may think you are, but the second the Bruins struggle, it's "Bruins are a joke.  JJ is a terrible owner and Chiarelli's an idiot!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Regular season patterns haven't held true in the playoffs.  Buffalo hadn't lost when leading after two periods, but the Bruins repeatedly took games back late against Ryan Miller and Co.  Bruin PP was dismal going into the playoffs, but it's clicking along at around 20%.

I'm not sure Carolina was the inferior team at the time last year.  Bruins shouldn't have fallen behind 3-1, but in the end they lost in OT.  Not great, but for a team with little playoff experience and a  lot of young guys in key roles, I wouldn't call it a choke.  The Pitt game this year where Cooke should have been picking up chicklets every time he touched the ice?  That was a choke.

In the other series, Halak's been key, sure, but the Habs have shown the path to beating the Penguins even when your goalie isn't standing on his head: shadow Crosby and Malkin and make the rest of their forwards beat you.  They don't have much depth, especially with Staal playing hurt and Guerin in and out.  Crosby may be the leading scorer in the playoffs, but Camellieri is outscoring him in the series by a huge margin.  If that keeps up, the winner of this series won't be facing the Pens.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Even if we got swept next round say by the pens i would say this was a great season. If we blow a 3-0 lead and lose this season gos right up there with last season and 04 and 02. I can accept defeat to a better team but the bruins never seem to lose to teams you can say well they were better than us. Series we should have won and didn't. Maybe getting on the road for the bruins will be good because it seems going back to game 7 last season, most home games this season expecaily the cooke game, and last night this team meets the bully in the school yard in front of his friends and family and when its time to fight freezes and pizzes down there leg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

It's not over til we have lost in game 7 and that hasn't happened. We are still in the lead in this series and one poor game is not the end of the world. We are the better team when we play our team game and have gone thur hell most of the season with injuries and found a way to get to this point. Like Recchi said, we got this out of our system and now we have to take them out. We have to play hard and forget about this game , we know what we have to do and there are to many players on this team who will not quit unlike some of the fans who post on these boards. The Bruins will fight hard next game and if there has to has to be a game 7 they will fight hard in that one too. If we play hard and lose so be it, the Bruins have come alot further than we all thought and future is very bright for this team. We should not quit on this team and they will better in the next game. I to have been a Bruin fan for more than 50 years and have had the heart breaks but it is what it is and we are doing better and going in the right direction and you can't ask for more than that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

no way of suger coating a series loss if we are up 3-0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Ok guys the truth is going to hurt from a long time Bruins fan:
    I have been a long time Bruin fan since ORR days. I have to say the way this series is going I do not see them winning. Why you say??? First: the way they played last night was the way the bruins played all seaon, cant score, no pressure on a goalie in his first game since March. Second: How many times the bruins have choked in big games?? Just look at last year loss in game 7 against the Cans. Third: Here is a big IF, if they do win, I cant see them going past the next round. We always have trouble against the Pen's, they have way too much fire power, and the only reason the Habs are in it is because of Halak?? He has won games on his own, unlike Rask in this series with the Flyers. And if the Habs win,  we will Lose against them also. People wake up the Habs have taken two power teams to game 7, teams with the best in player in the world, do you really thing we can beat them?? Plus they have great goalie in net, and the Bruins can't score to be able to beat Halak. Plus they have the leading scorer in the playoffs Sorry Folks the truth hurts, and this is coming from a long time bruin fan, just look at my past post if you think I am just a troll!!!
    Posted by ramzz

Don't hurt yourself jumping off and on the bandwagon.. You remind me of Chicken Little.. the sky is falling oh my!! just relax and watch the games unfold.. Bruins will be fine..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Ok guys the truth is going to hurt from a long time Bruins fan:
    It's not over til we have lost in game 7 and that hasn't happened. We are still in the lead in this series and one poor game is not the end of the world. We are the better team when we play our team game and have gone thur hell most of the season with injuries and found a way to get to this point. Like Recchi said, we got this out of our system and now we have to take them out. We have to play hard and forget about this game , we know what we have to do and there are to many players on this team who will not quit unlike some of the fans who post on these boards. The Bruins will fight hard next game and if there has to has to be a game 7 they will fight hard in that one too. If we play hard and lose so be it, the Bruins have come alot further than we all thought and future is very bright for this team. We should not quit on this team and they will better in the next game. I to have been a Bruin fan for more than 50 years and have had the heart breaks but it is what it is and we are doing better and going in the right direction and you can't ask for more than that.
    Posted by brunod

Well stated, Brunod....thanks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

This game is a serious wake up call for the Bs, similar to the loss against Pittsburg during the regular season when Cooke came back to town. Just the fact that the Bs got booed off the ice last night should be enough to light a fire under their @sses in game 6. I have not made any predictions up until now but I have a feeling this team does NOT wasnt this series to go to 7 games and will show up in game 6. They know they need to finish this NOW and certainly have the talent to do it.

Cooincidentally, that game also featured a pregame ceremony for the same Stanley cup winning team prior ro puck drop, did it not? I think those things can be a major distraction and add undo pressure to an already pressure filled situation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

No.  The Bruins will beat Philly 6 or 7 games for they have any heart at all.  I hated game 5, but the Bruins will pull-out the series. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

RAMZZ...you are panicking. Thank god you don't have to lace them up and play.

Take a tranquilizer and have a good night's sleep and wake up tomorrow refreshed. You'll be able to enjoy the Bruins shaking hands with the Flyers tomorrow night.

I've been a Bruin fan longer than you, and one thing I am sure of is that the Bruins got their bad game out of their system. There is only way to go from here and that is up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

Why do the "I told you so" crowd never come out when the B's are up 3-0 in a series?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramzz. Show ramzz's posts

In Response to Re: Ok guys the truth is going to hurt from a long time Bruins fan:
    Why do the "I told you so" crowd never come out when the B's are up 3-0 in a series?
    Posted by CanuckBruin

Ok guys lets get one thing straight!!! I will never jump off the wagon!! I bleed black and gold!! I want them to win the cup just like the rest of you. I am only making an obervation on the state of the Bruins. As much as I hate the Habs, just take a look at their team evey player is involved in the play, unlike the Bruins team where our senior club has been doing all the scoring, not like last year where all 3or4 lines can score. SO I hope I am proved wrong, and the bruins win game 6, because I dont like our chances in game seven. Remember we were aweful at home this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

ramzz- You say that you bleed black and gold. If so, then it is my duty as someone who also bleeds black and gold to tell you are coming off differently then you may have intended. You may not want to be taken for a bandwagon jumper but it's the way you've come across.
    The Bruins are up three games to two in a best of seven series. If they win in Philly then they win the series 4-2. Most Bruins fans would have been very happy with that result if told the B's would beat the Flyers 4-2 before the series started.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

In Response to Re: Ok guys the truth is going to hurt from a long time Bruins fan : Ok guys lets get one thing straight!!! I will never jump off the wagon!! I bleed black and gold!! I want them to win the cup just like the rest of you. I am only making an obervation on the state of the Bruins. As much as I hate the Habs, just take a look at their team evey player is involved in the play, unlike the Bruins team where our senior club has been doing all the scoring, not like last year where all 3or4 lines can score. SO I hope I am proved wrong, and the bruins win game 6, because I dont like our chances in game seven. Remember we were aweful at home this year.
    Posted by ramzz

Every Hab involved in the play? Other than Cammelleri, it's all Halak and Hal Gill.

You don't like our game 7 chances because we were bad at home this year? So you'll use reg season stats to overshadow our 5-1 home record of the past 3 weeks?

If you're a fan since the Orr days, your post should embarrass you. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

NOWAY THE BRUINS LOSE 4 STRAIT TO THE FLYERS...RASK WILL ATLEAST STEAL A GAME FOR US...IF WE DON'T BLOW THEM OUT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

I did feel and stated that bruins philly would go 6 after bruins lost the 4th game. I think they will wrap it up in philly, if they do not, then it's obvious cause for concern.

This bandwagon stuff does not jive.There is no bandwagon, bruin fane have stuck by their team for very long end even at tmes they vent and show their frustratrion they don't abandon the team. Lat's face it there is a definite stigma attached to this team one which has plagued them for too many years, one which has for some instilled fear , concern , disbelief and yes at times shame. Thus, the tumultous feelings some fans feel and i am sure most do especially the ones who have followed this team for long enough, are perfectly normal.

This team has to beat philly, if they happen to lose this series , the stigma may be reinforced and i am sure none of us want that. U cannot lose whern u ahave a 3-0 lead, bruins have "choked" i the past and they need to change this pattern which has caused some of the fear and insecurity on the even moist diehard bruin fans, it's simple human nature.

Now once they beat philly, i said it before and i will sy it again , i do not want to play MTL, not this year. They are playingh like in 93, they are on
    a mission, keep in mind the atmosphere, i.e. noise level and energy at the bell centre. My major worry is that if they beat pitt , they will have beaten 2 great teams and i a do not think any team will stop them. montreal has a knack for this and history has proven that ever so often the hockey gods make their return to mtl.

i want pitt, i do not want mtl to oust the defending cup champs. if it's gonna be anyone , i want the bruins to do it.  believe me guys do not wish for mtl. All they do there is eat and sleep hockey. the city pours so much energy in the habs, In boston well certainly no where close. I mean how can the bruins be in the playoffs and  fenway is full, the same night as the bruins playoff game. This would nevber have  been the case in mtl even if the expos were not extinct, wouldn't  happen.

GO BRUINS , FINISH PHILLY , PLS 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Did you see the Blackhawks game in Vanouver ? They looked like Stanley Cup champs. Then, did you watch the last game in Chicogo ? They looked like last nite Bruins. My point ?

Those first games of the Bruin/Philly games were some of the best hockey the Bruins have played. The Flyers played well and hard, but the Bruins played better.

They will win this series. No doubt about it. Go B's Go !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Did you see the Blackhawks game in Vanouver ? They looked like Stanley Cup champs. Then, did you watch the last game in Chicogo ? They looked like last nite Bruins. My point ? Those first games of the Bruin/Philly games were some of the best hockey the Bruins have played. The Flyers played well and hard, but the Bruins played better. They will win this series. No doubt about it. Go B's Go !!!!
    Posted by Stuke50

good point Stuke.
    It's sport....it's called hockey, and any team in the original 30 can win on a given nite.  Teams ebb and flow, they're unpredictable.....and that's why we watch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

marco - good post. (must be playoffs if we're agreeing)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

Ramzz, You said exactly what i was thinking. It`s not like the Bruins can`t beat Philly but us losing Krejci is just a killer! Already we have no depth on this team but Krejci was playing awesome defense and offence. Putting Paille with Bergeron is just a joke!! The guy has no talent except for his foot speed. I really hope they win but if they have to play the Habs i really hope they lose to Philly because i just can`t take another lose to the hated Habs! I`m from Montreal and these fans here make me sick to my stomach. I know the Bruins will lose to the Habs because they just have our number and yes i know we beat them last year but this year with all the injuries the Bruins have NO chance against the Habs. If you are truely Bruin fans out there just try to look at the game with your head and not your heart!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

marco - good post. (must be playoffs if we're agreeing)
    Posted by Bookboy007

Thx , Bookboy, well ur right we do not agree very often, although i certainly do agree with some of your posts. Coming from u does mean something. Ur certainly an avid sports fan , and a very knowledgeable one at that.

Now let's rock those flyers,

GO bruins go!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I did feel and stated that bruins philly would go 6 after bruins lost the 4th game. I think they will wrap it up in philly, if they do not, then it's obvious cause for concern. This bandwagon stuff does not jive.There is no bandwagon, bruin fane have stuck by their team for very long end even at tmes they vent and show their frustratrion they don't abandon the team. Lat's face it there is a definite stigma attached to this team one which has plagued them for too many years, one which has for some instilled fear , concern , disbelief and yes at times shame. Thus, the tumultous feelings some fans feel and i am sure most do especially the ones who have followed this team for long enough, are perfectly normal. This team has to beat philly, if they happen to lose this series , the stigma may be reinforced and i am sure none of us want that. U cannot lose whern u ahave a 3-0 lead, bruins have "choked" i the past and they need to change this pattern which has caused some of the fear and insecurity on the even moist diehard bruin fans, it's simple human nature. Now once they beat philly, i said it before and i will sy it again , i do not want to play MTL, not this year. They are playingh like in 93, they are on a mission, keep in mind the atmosphere, i.e. noise level and energy at the bell centre. My major worry is that if they beat pitt , they will have beaten 2 great teams and i a do not think any team will stop them. montreal has a knack for this and history has proven that ever so often the hockey gods make their return to mtl. i want pitt, i do not want mtl to oust the defending cup champs. if it's gonna be anyone , i want the bruins to do it.  believe me guys do not wish for mtl. All they do there is eat and sleep hockey. the city pours so much energy in the habs, In boston well certainly no where close. I mean how can the bruins be in the playoffs and  fenway is full, the same night as the bruins playoff game. This would nevber have  been the case in mtl even if the expos were not extinct, wouldn't  happen. GO BRUINS , FINISH PHILLY , PLS 
    Posted by marco1001

Reading the thread I was inclined to answer but I will just put a "check" here and say ditto.  Go Bruins.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Posted by brunod

In the end, I'm thinking ( and hoping) that game one will be a microcosm of the whole series. The Bruins came out strong, flyers came all the way back, and B's win it in the end.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

I hate to say it, but the Bruins, since Krecji went out, have shown me no reason to believe they can beat the Flyesr and win this series. Other than a dozen games at the end of the season and the first round against Buffalo, the Bruins have performed poorly all year. Last night was just a continuation of that. There needs to be a major housecleaning at the end of the season. The dead weight, the non-contributors, the guys that just coast and bring nothing to our cause, and we have plenty, need to be shown the door. The biggest playoff collapse in the last 35 years may be enough to get that done. Don't get me wrong, I want them to win, but when I see them get walked all over by the Flyers in Boston, I see no reason to believe. The retooling starts this offseason. Heads should roll after blowing a 3-0 series lead, and I hope they do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramzz. Show ramzz's posts

I hate to say it, but the Bruins, since Krecji went out, have shown me no reason to believe they can beat the Flyesr and win this series. Other than a dozen games at the end of the season and the first round against Buffalo, the Bruins have performed poorly all year. Last night was just a continuation of that. There needs to be a major housecleaning at the end of the season. The dead weight, the non-contributors, the guys that just coast and bring nothing to our cause, and we have plenty, need to be shown the door. The biggest playoff collapse in the last 35 years may be enough to get that done. Don't get me wrong, I want them to win, but when I see them get walked all over by the Flyers in Boston, I see no reason to believe. The retooling starts this offseason. Heads should roll after blowing a 3-0 series lead, and I hope they do.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

Well I am just trying to think outside the box!! on this BRUIN team. I sure hope I am wrong. I still think if we do go on to the next round, I don't like our chances against the Pens. The Habs will have something to prove and they will revenage our sweep of last year. If i am wrong then you can all say I was on Drugs or out of my mind.

Sections
Shortcuts