Old Time Hockey.... is it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Old Time Hockey.... is it?

I can see the hit from behind on Bergy from Jones still today. 
    I was one of those that backed the big hits and would always rant it's hockey and part of the game.  There's always been hits but not what I'm starting to see is getting ridiculous. 
    The players are too fast, the equipment hurts just by knocking with your fist on it and the impact of the hits is like a freight train hitting you.
    In football concussions happen all the time and a football helmet does not compare to a hockey helmet. Football hits are nowhere near the speed of an athlete on skates.
    I'm not saying to remove hitting from the sport but there needs to be something done. Soon they'll have to scrape a player off of the boards and that'll be a tragedy.
    Something's got to give, stars are getting hurt and they'll never be the same.
    Toews, Booth, Okposo .......... or are they wating for Crosy, Ovy  to get hurt.

Last nite I saw a clip of a 16 year old in the Major Juniors in Ontario, Canada getting blasted. Multiple facial fractures including his skull .Very very gruesome ! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1a12G5xWYE

Till now here's the NHLer's hurt .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIXcGOr4-04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLbLiGXqHIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BweXkp20lg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwWHCoxN2xk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: Old Time Hockey.... is it?

Ovy was hurt on Sunday nite, it's only day to day but too many players are getting hurt and alot of top players. Savy, Kovolchuk, Looch, Ovy,Gaboric, the list is growing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Old Time Hockey.... is it?:
    [QUOTE]Ovy was hurt on Sunday nite, it's only day to day but too many players are getting hurt and alot of top players. Savy, Kovolchuk, Looch, Ovy,Gaboric, the list is growing.
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

Yeh, and Byron Bitz tooLaughing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

This is a very good post BsL and thanks for bringing up the issue.  You are so right, something must be done.  Or a player is going to get killed.  There has to be some way to stop the high head hits and hitting from behind when the victim is several feet from the boards. 

There are rules in place now, but they are not clearly defined and not enforced unless there is an injury.  The NHL must get tough about this issue and stop it, the way they stopped the hooking and holding.  It can be done.

I hope you will forward your post to the NHL and some media outlets for their consideration.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Liambis is an overaged player who is a no talent goon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

I say let em fight and you ll see how quickly the dirty hits will stop.
    btw its Okposo not Oposo that Phaneuf boomed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

[QUOTE]I say let em fight and you ll see how quickly the dirty hits will stop. btw its Okposo not Oposo that Phaneuf boomed.
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

TROLL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

its all about respect for your opponent...its ridiculios to line up a unprotected player & take the runs that this hits are....3 outa 4 of them are from elbows....the game of hockey is a great fast game,but there is not room in the game for these hits... ill give mitchell a break on the toews hit,he didnt throw himself,shoulders,or elbow into toews but he still knew he was unprotected

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Old Time Hockey.... is it? : TROLL
    Posted by FairbanksAK[/QUOTE]

and a taste of your own medicine. larrymegz, chowdakid, camconnor, GKR....
    and the list goes on. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Old Time Hockey.... is it? : and a taste of your own medicine. larrymegz, chowdakid, camconnor, GKR.... and the list goes on. 

What? Drinking are we? It's ok you obviously have issues, I've been in contact with an admin so you will be banned and really get a life, you seriously need one if your copying peoples names on a message board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Liambis is an overaged player who is a no talent goon.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

ahh baseball is such a safer sport. 
    Liambis even had a smurk on his face after hitting that poor kid.
    His parents were in the stands watching their son play.  Could you just imagine how they felt ?  Their son on a stretcher leaving the rink. 
    ClamMan,  it's the owners that want the hitting to continue.  They feel it sells hockey till a superstar's career is ended and then we'll see where hockey will go.
    The OHL and Western hockey League juniors have not changed their rules as of yet. They think it helps them go to the next level,  the NHL .
    Really dumb thinking when these are just boys,  some 16 and under development to becoming men (not yet) .
    The NHL must set the standard here !
    Maybe the clutching and grabbing in the defensive zone wasn't that bad afterall. At least it slowed down the players and avoided these smashing hits.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I say let em fight and you ll see how quickly the dirty hits will stop. btw its Okposo not Oposo that Phaneuf boomed.

Thanks, I edited the name and fixed it,
    btw this is funny ,  good troll vs bad troll on this thread.  LOL...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

LOL -- very nice! Entertaining as always, and thanks for this, Legion!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yeah BU it was pretty funny last nite.

Update on that kid on my first link , he's in a mild coma.
    Yes it was that close to losing a hockey player to a body check.
    I hope the NHL is not just keeping this on the back burner till everyone stops talking about this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

IMO, the "protection" that some players were is ridiculous.  There is no need for armor plated shoulder pads.  Elbow pads either, for that matter.  They allow players to fling their bodies around with reckless abandon.  Players wouldn't hit as hard if they risked injury to themselves in the process.

Sections
Shortcuts