Once a Chiarelli fan, Now, not so much.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Once a Chiarelli fan, Now, not so much.

8 points of despair and one of hope concerning the long term, consistent success of the Bruins franchise under Chiarelli.

1.The contracts given to Thomas, Hunwick, and Krejci, although they were awesome that year, were overpriced in the fact that the output of both players really only reflected 1 year.

2. Michael Ryder

3. Out of the 13 seasons that Marc Savard has been in the NHL, he has only played 3 82 game seasons.

4. The Bruins have three players, Glen Murray, Peter Schaeffer, and and Patrick Eaves on the books for about 2.5 million, 1.5 which is coming off the books next season but is still a problem for the now.  This was a large reason why Kobasew was traded.

5. Claude Julien, as much as I love the man, was fired from two different head coaching jobs.

6. None of the players drafted during Chiarelli's tenure have made it to the big club.  Their numbers in the NHL have been underwhelming in the AHL also.

7. Kris Versteeg traded to Chicago for Brandon Bochenski.

8. Dennis Wideman, the worst looking best defenseman on the Bruins team (traded to Boston for Brad Boyes).

Point of hope:

Arguably the most recent success story of the Boston Bruins has been the play of Tuukka Rask.  He was acquired from Toronto for Andrew Raycroft.

The imbalance of such a trade should remind us of another more recent one which may reap benefits for the Bruins. (Taylor Hall perhaps?)  But given Chiarelli's drafting record....

...it is difficult to be optimistic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Re: Once a Chiarelli fan, Now, not so much.

Our 2006 interim GM Jeff Gorton has acquired Rask, not Chiarelli.
    And Chiarelli has fired him 3 months later. Chia.. the worst incompetent GM I has saw.  Gorton work for the Rangers now

Gorton supposedly, had not the profile, He wasn`t lawyer, Ridiculous,He did more for this club in 3 months than Chiarelli in 3 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Jeff Gorton pulled off the Rask trade and please don't tell me Chiarelli was calling the shots behind the scenes like some claim. That was definitely not the case. Gorton also stole Lucic before Looch grabbed everyone's attention at the Memorial Cup. He also drafted Kessel. Gorton was building it all. It wasn't until Chiarelli showed up that we started seeing Dave Lewis, Bochenski, Jurcina being moved for nothing, drafting Colbourne, Hamill, getting Soderberg et al. Yet people (including Bob Ryan) still mistakenly give PC credit for Gorton's great work. Chiarelli's worst move? Firing Jeff Gorton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hunwick and Krejci were not overpaid there contracts were very reasonable money and years. The only problem I had with the Thomas contract was the length (It does go down in amount the last 2 years). No way would Tim not waive his NTC if PC informed him he was going back to Michigan where he's from.

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/sort.php?pos=G&type=capnumber The Bruins have 2 goalies for less than what some teams pay 1 goalie.

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=BOS&season=0910 Eaves is on the hook for $250,000, Schaefer $560,000 So don't know what your talking about there.

Good coachs get fired all the time Claude Julien is not the reason the Bruins are not performing. I disagree with Julien not shortening the bench when the team is down a goal or tied late in the game or near the end of the period. Your better talent should be on the ice more often than not.

Bochenski's numbers were better than Versteeg's at the time of the trade however I'm sure PC would like to have that one back. Marc Savard's recent salary extension was a bargain and allows PC to spend money elsewhere this summer. Savard could have gotten allot more on the open market. Bargain on both the length and price tag! Comical that is even questioned!

Kobasew was traded because it helped both the Wild (helped the Bs TO draft pick too boot) and Chuck was not doing anything for his 2.5Mil! Can't believe people think Paille hasn't helped the Bruins PK and this team as a whole because of his speed Baffling!

Ryder and Wideman got what the market would bear at the time they signed. PC made mistakes on paying players for there potential me thinks he has learned. Caron, Sauve, Reindeau, Colborne and Alexandrov will be helping soon enough.

Don't tell me Ray Shero has done a better job than PC! Why is that ? Because he had years and years of high draft picks! How about Bowman or Tallon from Chicago there better than Chiarelli ? How many years did they have high draft picks in a row ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'll add to your thoughts Dawg.
    For you that blame Chiarelli on the Bochensk -Versteeg trade ,  it was Gorton's scouts and Gorton's reports that Chiarelli relied on this trade !!! Chiarelli asked for advise as he was new in the organization and had no reports on Versteeg therefore you cannot blame him for it.  He's a man of honor and that's why he's never spoke out about this and pointed fingers. 
    As for Chicago, finishing at the bottom 7 out of their last 10 years , opportunity to draft top 3 draft picks during that period and with good drafts.
    Same for the Pens , bottom dwellers 3-4 years in a row before winning two lottery 1st overall picks. You have to be real lucky.
    Also let me add the reason why Savard signed with the Bruins as a UFA when with Thrashers was because of Chiarelli . Marc Savard was a client of Chiarelli at the Law firm he was practicing law.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

I come from montreal just for one thing, to teach you hockey.

Please don`t shot on the pianist  lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BlueChip99,
    LOL mon ami tu est francais . My french is pretty good  n'est ce pas ?
    To teach us hockey ?  
    Hockey fans in Boston are pretty knowledgeable and they don't need someone from Montreal to teach them hockey. Everyone has their own opinions and I respect all as long as they are respectable towards others (JJJustSell you also).
    Bonne nuit le pianist !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Good night you too and all boston friends lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chocolate6669. Show Chocolate6669's posts

Balme Chia all you want, but he trades a p&$$y to the leafs that was not worth the 5.25 million a year too make sure we could keep guys like savard, plus get the draft picks too boot.  Anyways all you guys that think you know so much, just jump back on the wagon in april, and for the rest of us that believe in whats going on see you at lord stanley.

P.S. I do know they have a few changes too make

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If Gorton were that good, he'd have a GM job with someone.
    A bucket of pucks would be better than what we had previously.

I'm not so sure Shero would have done better.  I wish they got Guerin rather than Recchi, but that deal was pretty complicated and hindsight shows it was an excellent deal for Guerin.

I view the GM job as negotiator and a little poker player and a lot depends on the cards your dealt.  I think PC has done a pretty good job.  I think the compensation for Kessel was a good deal, the Leafs paid more than what the CBA stipulates.  Compare that to the Thornton deal which was idiotic.  And Samsonov for Marty Reasoner?

I've I were a Leafs fan, for example, I would want Brian Burke run out of town.

I think PC is doing a good job.  I'm optimistic because he's improving and that's what I like to see.  Sinden and MOC and a LOT of other GM's hit the scene and they seem to decline, making worse and worse deals until they get fired.

The problem now is that we won't see the results of those draft picks for Kessel for a couple of years.  Frustrating now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

I'm not here to wholly defend Chickarelli, but he did get Paille and the B's at the time were horrendous on penalty kill...they now lead the NHL in that dept at 88 percent kill-off...B's needed somebody, a scorer, not much cap room, they get Satan, who is a proven scorer, but because Savard and Bergeron are now hurt, will have to get his points off a Krecji line, he has to have a passer on his line...The injuries are killing the B's right now...I don't think throwing the hammer at Chickarelli or Julien is worth it. They have to basically find a way to get through the next 4 weeks. Another veteran obviously will have to be acquired as well. I'm sure Peter is working on that as we speak. The B's started to play better, then both Bergeron and Savard go down...again....it's just tough luck.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes you know better lennymegz  . I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. I have my facts from someone close to the organization that I played hockey with . I don't give a .... if you don't believe it. 
    If you read my posts I'm far from apologizing the Bruins as of late. Besides it's not the first time you find something I posted and came looking for me with insults trying to instigate nonsense .  Are you some sort of stalker ? Best you be ignored.
    I also agree what you saying above , I also have no more patience for some of the loafers on this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Very good points but even when Kessel scores Toronto doesn't always win. Now Phil is not scoring what is happening ? You also have to look at the Bruins had allot of young talent who's contract(s) were all coming up at the same time. Lucic, Rask, Hunwick, Bitz signed Wheeler and Stuart are RFA's. Where do we get that money ?

That is a little bit of bad luck for Phil and the Bruins at the same time IMO.
    I don't believe that were much better with Phil still here. Probably 3 or 4 more wins. Ryder I cannot argue about this guy will not stick up for him Never! I don't care if "his brother being incarcerated is bothering him" MAN UP!