One guy who needs to be picked on through this whole mess

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

One guy who needs to be picked on through this whole mess

Lucic.

Saddest thing I've seen in awhile is a guy who was going to be one of the most dominant physical players in the NHL for years, and then he sees dollar signs in his eyes and realizes he only has to give the necessary amount every night and be done with it.

He has given us N-O-T-H-I-N-G this year, yeah he has injuries in the beginning of the season but he came back and was decent at best. He NEVER smashes guys into the boards when he gets the chance, I see him near a guy on the boards sometimes and he doesn't even hit him at all. I haven't seen him make a big hit this year since he hit Numminen in Buffalo in like December I think...

Organization believed in this guy and gave him money and he has returned with nothing... lets hope it's a fluke year...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: One guy who needs to be picked on through this whole mess

Didn't he score our only goal tonight... that's all I'm going to say (you're not wrong, it just seems weird bringing it up now when some might say he was the only one going to net.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

He has sooooo much potential though....should be doing much better!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

He looks no better than Thornton out there....Honestly I questioned the contract when they gave it to him.  He can't freaking skate period and to hit successfully skating is definitely part of the mix, maybe it's the ankle, or maybe he's just an overhyped flash in the pan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Thornton an Whitfield are useless.  Please bring Marchand and someone else.  If we have to loose at least let's give the kids a chance to bring some new energy!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RLSJR65. Show RLSJR65's posts

I agree Lucic had a weak season but he was one of our best players out there tonight.  Not saying much but why pick on him now when he's playing his best hockey of the season...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

go watch the Red Sox and Beckett's next start. 
    Lucic has been coming around and has shown effort, right now he's one of the Bruins best forechecker.
    BTW he's been injured all season, give me a break.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

He's still pretty dinged up is my guess.  He was never the best skater on the team to begin with, and his high ankle sprain didn't help matters.  A player can't deliver punishment without taking punishment.  I think that he is giving the team everything he has, while following his marching orders.  Those orders almost certainly include "Dont' go running around, getting out of position looking for big hits."

I was going to start a thread about this but forgot.  Has anyone else noticed how wrecked Looch's nose has been since he got it broken?  It has been swollen to a different degree since it happened.  Tonight was about the best it has looked since March or earlier.  In his interview it sounded like he could actually breathe through it a little bit. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Yes he's been injured all season, Legion, but I don't see him hitting! I saw 3 notable hits tonight. One from Bergie, one from Chara and one from Boychuck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Not a chance, Bruins are failing as a team, top to bottom, and I can add Rask to that as well, the second goal seemed suspect to me, there is not one player to single out in this mess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

When are you guys going to understand that this coach can destroy offensive talent, and make even someone the likes of Lucic become passive and conservative. He has a track record...look it up -

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

Look at the leadership? It start from the top and goes down. Where is the fire and the smash mouth type of play. Loved the play of Wideman and Hunwcik hitting the "O" but Wideman has to stop shooting WIDE and Hunwick has to pull the trigger and the "O" has to get traffic in front of the net. How many goal should they have score if someone was in front. The goalie could not control the puck. The luck was with him.

Adjust and play the game. The score doesn't mean anything it is the W that counts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

What are these facts about Julien?

People keep saying to look at the past. I know of a few details about Julien, but what is this abundance of evidence that Julien kills offense? Can somebody state the facts explicitly here?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lucic has been one of the Bruins better players vs. Philly period. Without Sturm, Krejci and Ryder (yah he's skating but invisible) Boston is lucky to be in the series Milan is one of those reasons.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Re: One guy who needs to be picked on through this whole mess:
    When are you guys going to understand that this coach can destroy offensive talent, and make even someone the likes of Lucic become passive and conservative. He has a track record...look it up -
    Posted by JWensink

Maybe it's just me but can CJ just try releasing one player from the rugby scrum in front of Rask part way to the point in an effort to hurry Pronger? The guy has too much time to hammer away. Note 1 Flyer player always close to Chara at all times when the B's have the puck in the offensive zone. He rarely has a split second to crank off a heavy shot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: One guy who needs to be picked on through this whole mess:
    Yes he's been injured all season, Legion, but I don't see him hitting! I saw 3 notable hits tonight. One from Bergie, one from Chara and one from Boychuck.
    Posted by TheoryNeutral

As you know I was at the game Monday and Lucic pounded the Flyer D and almost made the boards come down.  I couldn't believe how much give they had.
    He's coming around. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsdel1. Show bsdel1's posts

Somebody please sit him in front of a TV and make him watch Dustin Byfuglien highlights for a couple hours before Game 7. That is how "Power Forwards" play in the NHL Playoffs!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

First off, anyone still on the "he can't skate" train needs to rethink.  How many times has Lucic either skated the puck through the neutral zone and actually separated from the back check (it happens at least once a game) and how many times has he hustled back and, because of his backpressure, created a turnover at the offensive blueline (as Matt Ellis)?  He's an ugly skater, not a bad one.  The one thing that hasn't come back, and it's the key to all of the incidents where he's looked a bit awkward in the last few months, is the abilty to pivot in close quarters like when the puck is in his skates or he gets a bad pass in the defensive zone.  He talked about it on the Buffalo game 6 goal - the torque on that kind of manoeuver's hard on the kind of injury he had, and while he can do it, I'm not sure he's at full strength when he does.

Second - there is no role in hockey that is not dependent on the play of your linemates.  It's pretty hard for Lucic to take the body or establish a net presence when he's the only one on his line who can win clean possession off the boards.  With Savard and Satan, Lucic is the only guy who consistently gains space off the cycle.  The other two need him to create that time and space. He's been doing that, but Savard's not up to speed, so it isn't amounting to much, and that means Lucic doesn't have a chance to get to the net.  Watch how it works for Recchi - Bergeron wins the puck, gets it to the point, D to D, shot, tip, goal.  Lately, though, to many shots aren't getting through from the point.  That's the other problem for Lucic.  Blocks, deflections that send the puck to the corner, and high shots that get gloved for no rebound?  What's he supposed to do?  No accident that a low shot off the pads on a screened goaltender led to Lucic's garbage goal last game.  Get the puck to the net low and good things will happen for Lucic, Recchi, maybe even Wheeler...sorry I must be drunk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from philathrilla. Show philathrilla's posts

I think this time of year, there are more nicks and dings that every team still playing doesn't want to talk about.  There's a good chance that he's hurt, along with about half of all the other players on the ice.  You'll only know for sure when a team is finished playing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyo77. Show guyo77's posts

He's injured for sure and there is no doubt that his ankle is still an issue.  I agree he is an ugly but capable skater.

I think he should change his approach in the offseason once his ankle has properly healed and work on his conditioning.  Better stamina would allow him to be a better player.  He quite often is gassed half way through a shift.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Too bad this site has been over run by trolls and pink hat wears.  There are some pretty good posters here but too many trolls and such to be a regular.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickvox. Show nickvox's posts

I take back my Lucic criticism, came to play tonite and gave it everything....looked a lot better than Thornton, scored, and gave effort.  Next year we'll see him earn that contract.  He can't be counted on to be "the man" ever, but I think he'll get his and perhaps be a key cog in the bruins going deep for real in the playoffs (I'll set the bar at conference finals)...They had Krejci this thing would have turned out differently.  Best player on the team and made Satan an offensive force with their connection...wish we had fast forward to next year's playoffs.  Is something wrong with the freakin' conditioning on this team????  So many injuries

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Marc Savard hasn't been the same since his concussion

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

I seen a guy who won the veinna trophy sit on the bench in 2 series buffalo an flyers i seen a man watch it from the bench he sat on every nite  watching for a chance to play i seen a man who played his heart out for a team who deserted him i seen a man swallow his pride  good luck tim thomas you deserve better i hope washington gets you ,you deserve a team who will take pride an enjoy having you

for rask every goal they scored on him he was on his knees before the shot was taken julian your a goof and chara 7.5 millipn could of brought in younger playerswho have heart  your gutless as a team captain an leader alfie has more heart in ottawa  an a better player 

TIM THOMAS  WILL END UP IN EITHER WASHINGTON  OTTAWA  CHICAGO  HE IS TO GOOD TO WEAR THE BRUINS JERSY AN THIS BIRD IS FOR THE BRUINS