Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks?

I just finish checking out Sean Couturier  6' 4" 191 shoots left stas 41 55 96 pts. +/- 62team is drummondville voltigeurs check out his playing skills and profile looks like he may be a top ten. I would like to know if any one can get info Adam Larson d man for swedish team Skelleftea AIK he is being compare Lidstrom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks?

People have been mentioning both of those players here for a while, but it's just too early for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks?:
    [QUOTE]I just finish checking out Sean Couturier  6' 4" 191 shoots left stas 41 55 96 pts. +/- 62team is drummondville voltigeurs check out his playing skills and profile looks like he may be a top ten. I would like to know if any one can get info Adam Larson d man for swedish team Skelleftea AIK he is being compare Lidstrom.
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

If the Leafs can finish low enough for the Bruins to have a shot at Larsson it'd be fantastic, because they're going to need someone like him to take over when Chara retires. Some early projections have him going #1. If you want to do a google search, his name is spelled with two S's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Courterier or Larrson would certainly look good in Black and Gold.

But don`t forget about Red Deer`s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in the 2011 draft as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Interesting sidenote on Courterier...

Not only does the guy have the same initials as another well known, hockey superstar from Atlantic Canada, but his family also had to fight with Hockey Quebec when that League refused to let Sean play bantam hockey in Quebec.

Courterier instead ended up playing hockey at Notre Dame College in Wilcox, Saskatchewan - a few thousand miles from his home in Bathurst, New Brunswick.

Personally, I would pick Courterier if I had my choice of any of these three players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122899">http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122899

www.thehockeynews.com/articles/23349-Prep-Watch-Puempels-power.html">http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/23349-Prep-Watch-Puempels-power.html

I stated another thread that I've read and heard some good things about Matt Puempel. Size and speed is what I want up front for the Bruins

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks?:
    [QUOTE]People have been mentioning both of those players here for a while, but it's just too early for me.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Then don't answer if you have nothing to say.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks? : Then don't answer if you have nothing to say.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

Do as I say but not as I do?

Got it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122899 " /> http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122899 www.thehockeynews.com/articles/23349-Prep-Watch-Puempels-power.html "> http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/23349-Prep-Watch-Puempels-power.html I stated another thread that I've read and heard some good things about Matt Puempel. Size and speed is what I want up front for the Bruins
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I know that the Bruins as a rule have gone for the Best Player Available in recent years, but if they land a lottery pick for 2011, I'd really like to see them draft a stud defenseman. They have a dire need for one, and they're already pretty deep in forward propects.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Deep in forward prospects ?

Name three that have even half the offensive potential of Sean Courterier...

Hello, the Bruins couldn't score goals last season !  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Deep in forward prospects ? Name three that have even half the offensive potential of Sean Courterier... Hello, the Bruins couldn't score goals last season !  
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Seguin, Caron, Colborne

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The list will change between now and June 2011, but the current 2011 ISS Draft Rankings are as follows :

1. Sean Courterier (F) 
    2. Adam Larsson (D)
    3. Victor Rask (F)
    4. David Musil (D)
    5. Seth Ambroz (F)
    6. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (F)
    7. Brandon Saad (F)
    8. Ryan Murphy (D)
    9. Vladislav Namestnikov (F)
    10. Duncan Siemans (D)

Matt Puempel is currently not in the top ten, but that could change as the season progresses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks? : Seguin, Caron, Colborne

That question was for duinne.

Are you two really married ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks? : I know that the Bruins as a rule have gone for the Best Player Available in recent years, but if they land a lottery pick for 2011, I'd really like to see them draft a stud defenseman. They have a dire need for one, and they're already pretty deep in forward propects.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

The Bruins have had one of the top defenses in the NHL for the past couple of years and none of the players were high first round picks.

Also, you can never have enough quality forward prospects.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks? : The Bruins have had one of the top defenses in the NHL for the past couple of years and none of the players were high first round picks. Also, you can never have enough quality forward prospects.

Especially when Seguin's production could suffer playing on the wing.

At least, Courterier is a natural winger. 

I would just stay the course and pick up more speed up front.

That's why I would pick Courterier over the rest of that field. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The thing that really makes Courterier's offensive stats in the QJMHL impressive is that he is also used by the Drummondville Voltigeurs in a shutdown role as well.

Looking forward to seeing this kid play here this season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They compare him to Jordan Staal.  I would be unhappy if the B's had a very high pick and ended up with someone of that caliber.  Staal has played four years on one of the most potent offenses in the NHL and has yet to crack 50 points.  Please save your "he plays a shutdown role" comments.  If the B's have a lottery pick and come away with some third line defense first forward, I'll be very disappointed.

The good news is that the draft is very, very far away and there is no telling who is going to move up or down.  And then there is the draft, where there is no telling who will be picked when.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]They compare him to Jordan Staal.  I would be unhappy if the B's had a very high pick and ended up with someone of that caliber.  Staal has played four years on one of the most potent offenses in the NHL and has yet to crack 50 points.  Please save your "he plays a shutdown role" comments.  If the B's have a lottery pick and come away with some third line defense first forward, I'll be very disappointed. The good news is that the draft is very, very far away and there is no telling who is going to move up or down.  And then there is the draft, where there is no telling who will be picked when.

Unlike that shirtless guy that duinne always shows with her posts, Jordan Staal is no slouch.

If Staal didn't have Crosby and Malkin centering the Pens' top two lines, he would easily be a scoring Center. The guy has almost been forced into a third line role with the Pens.

Yes, the 2011 draft is far away, the rankings will change and we don't yet know how high the Bruins will be picking next June, but I still say that the Bruins are looking at a lottery pick if the team doesn't deal away the Leafs' 2011 pick before the trade deadline. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's very possible that he would be a scoring center, just as it's possible that ending up around 50 points each year would be his best effort.  Unknown.

Leafs will make the playoffs.  I don't want them to, but I think they will.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]It's very possible that he would be a scoring center, just as it's possible that ending up around 50 points each year would be his best effort.  Unknown. Leafs will make the playoffs.  I don't want them to, but I think they will.

I don't think playoffs, but I think you are closer.  Last year the Leafs were close in almost every game.  Rarely blown out.  They got better later in the year.  A lottery pick is way too optimistic.  10-12 seems about right. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

[QUOTE]The list will change between now and June 2011, but the current 2011 ISS Draft Rankings are as follows : 1. Sean Courterier (F)  2. Adam Larsson (D) 3. Victor Rask (F) 4. David Musil (D) 5. Seth Ambroz (F) 6. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (F) 7. Brandon Saad (F) 8. Ryan Murphy (D) 9. Vladislav Namestnikov (F) 10. Duncan Siemans (D) Matt Puempel is currently not in the top ten, but that could change as the season progresses.
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    That ISS also only has 6 players from the OHL in their Top 30, with only 1 OHL player in their Top 10. The WHL, USHL, and Euro leagues look to have the most amount of prospects for Draft 2011.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=11963

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]It's very possible that he would be a scoring center, just as it's possible that ending up around 50 points each year would be his best effort.  Unknown. Leafs will make the playoffs.  I don't want them to, but I think they will.

Who's spot will the Leafs take in the playoffs??

Washington
    New Jersey
    Boston
    Pittsburgh
    Buffalo
    Montreal
    Philly
    Ottawa

I dont think they make it, but could be close. A top 10 pick is alright with me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

It will be a top 10. No way Toronto can finish better than that with their roster.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks? : Who's spot will the Leafs take in the playoffs?? Washington New Jersey Boston Pittsburgh Buffalo Montreal Philly Ottawa I dont think they make it, but could be close. A top 10 pick is alright with me.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

No clue.  A lot of things happen between the first puck dropping and the last second on the clock.  It'll be interesting to watch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Other posters been cheching next years prospects/picks? : I know that the Bruins as a rule have gone for the Best Player Available in recent years, but if they land a lottery pick for 2011, I'd really like to see them draft a stud defenseman. They have a dire need for one, and they're already pretty deep in forward propects. Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see more Dman drafted then developed but I've been noticing the last few years Chairelli likes to send out his scouts then bring back Boychuk, McQuaid, Bartkowski, Wild, Kamfer etc. Not studs but replenishing Reading and Providence to see what they can do.

PC also seems to like to go out to free agency to get his Dmen. Heck if Sweeney, Benning and Wane Smith say go after Dmen with TOs 2011 #1 and the Wild's 2011 #2 go for it I say fill the minor leagues.