Out of morbid curiosity...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Out of morbid curiosity...

What, if any, NHL team do you support and root for (except when they play the B's of course) besides the Bruins?  Any special reson why?

Myself, as some of you know, is the Kings.  My best friend is a die hard LGKer (Let's Go Kings), and before the lockout, the two teams seem to have been linked in some mysterious way.  Whether in the standings, or with certain players (like Glen Murray).  First time I saw a game in Boston was a Kings-Bruins game.  The Kings came back from a three goal deficit to take it to overtime and win (it might have been a tie, I'd have to look it up). 

I remember that my friend was a little to 'in-your-face' about it on the T (which was filled to the brim with black-n-gold, and I was guilty by association [my Thornton sweater didn't grant me any mercy]).  We had to get off the T and hoof it after that.

(Can the season start already?  Is this what I have to resort to?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Out of morbid curiosity...

Not since my Jets left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Many of you may die, go into shock, or it may be beyond your understanding, but my second favorite are the Habs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

In Response to Re: Out of morbid curiosity...:
    [QUOTE]Many of you may die, go into shock, or it may be beyond your understanding, but my second favorite are the Habs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.  Also, I believe you have officially hijacked this thread.  Let the trash-talking begin, lol.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Bad Habitude you gotta get that hab fetish checked out at the doc. I am now exercising my blocking feature on you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Bad Habitude you gotta get that hab fetish checked out at the doc. I am now exercising my blocking feature on you.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

It's a free country.

I guess I'm a hockey fan first of all, Bruins fan a very close second and the Habs are clearly in 3rd place.  Then
    Leafs
    Detroit - I like the owner
    Chicago - I hate the owner.

Teams I don't like, Rangers, Flyers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

yo a sox and yanks fan too? pats and jets? celts and lakers? BU and BC?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Besides our B's, growing up I always liked the Blackhawks.  For one thing, they have the coolest logo in all sports.  Also, they had Dennis Savard who had the sickest moves back in the day.  Spinorama, shooting a breakaway shot while skating backwards, I loved that guy.  They also have always played a bang-up style similar to the Bruins.

I'm happy that their improvement has coincided with the Bruins rise...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]yo a sox and yanks fan too? pats and jets? celts and lakers? BU and BC?
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

No.  Being a yankees fan is just plain wrong.
    The Jets are a joke.
    I hate everything LA.
    BC tries too hard.  BU gets my respect, Harvard gets good grades for effort.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

Chicago
    Anaheim - liked their logo when they first came into league
    Philly - blue-collar team like Bruins

Hate Rangers, Habs, Detroit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

i have more respect for the yankees than i do for the habs, they don't take dives in NY like they do up north

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Ananheim
    Philly

Like teams that play a gritty physical style-
    Something I think the Bruins could use a little more of to be successful.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Used to be the Canucks growing up.

Now it's just whatever teams I like the current makeup of... I liked Buffalo when they had Drury, Briere and 4 solid lines. They were awesome to watch. I liked Anaheim a couple of years ago with Getzlaf, Penner & Perry.  Can't say there was a team last year, except maybe Philly. Richards, Carter and that idiot Hartnell were pretty entertaining, and with Pronger & Emery now in, I'll probably enjoy watching Philly play.

Since I've been in Los Angeles the last year, I tried to like the Kings, but I just couldn't get into them. I like alot of their players, but then they go out and get Stoll, move O'Sullivan, etc. It's like a rotating door of mediocracy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

The Blackhawks would be a distant second for me.  I'd put the Jets ahead of them if they ever come back home. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

there is only one team for each sport and thats the bruins, sox and pats lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

My favorite team in the NHL when Boston isn't playing is the team that is playing against Montreal that night. My second favorite team would be the team that is playing Toronto that night. If Montreal and Toronto are playing each other I wish they would both lose.

I also have to add that any REAL Bruin fan would never root for Montreal let alone have "hab" in their user name. I also am using the ignore feature on Badhabitude.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]there is only one team for each sport and thats the bruins, sox and pats lol
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]

what?  no mention of TT?? You ok today??

- drunken data entry clerk that also likes the Habs and several other players from Medecine Cap

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]My favorite team in the NHL when Boston isn't playing is the team that is playing against Montreal that night. My second favorite team would be the team that is playing Toronto that night. If Montreal and Toronto are playing each other I wish they would both lose. I also have to add that any REAL Bruin fan would never root for Montreal let alone have "hab" in their user name. I also am using the ignore feature on Badhabitude.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

Is there any kind of prize for most ignored?  Maybe there should be some kind of a Sean Avery or Claude Lemieux award?  Maybe I should get it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Out of morbid curiosity... : Is there any kind of prize for most ignored?  Maybe there should be some kind of a Sean Avery or Claude Lemieux award?  Maybe I should get it?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Hey BadHab.., I'll at least give you kudos for having the kiwi's to be honest. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

the boston bruins and nobody else ,,Cool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ive always beena Bs Fan..50 years, After that, like this past year i rooted for chicago when the Bs got knocked out.After that, any team that plays montreal..Ottawa is 60 miles away from me so i see a few Bs games. Montreal is 100 miles away and u couldnt pay me to watch a game there..
    Just to P#ss off a few year, I am a diehard Bs,,celtics, Yankees and Cowboys fan,,again, 50 years of it :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Hurricanes. Got to know a lot of their young players (Eric Staal, Cam Ward, Ryan Bayda etc.) when they had Lowell as AHL. Also the front office treated Lowell fans great. Devils are the worst! They treat Lowell fans like gum on the bottom of their shoes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]My favorite team in the NHL when Boston isn't playing is the team that is playing against Montreal that night. My second favorite team would be the team that is playing Toronto that night. If Montreal and Toronto are playing each other I wish they would both lose. I also have to add that any REAL Bruin fan would never root for Montreal let alone have "hab" in their user name. I also am using the ignore feature on Badhabitude.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

Lol!  I cheer for the officials in a Leaf-Habs game.  "Yeah!  Good one Kerry!  That's how you signal unsportsmanlike conduct - right there!"  I still watch, though - c'mon, it's hockey.

I respect the Oilers - or I did until the last few years.  I repect their commitment to their identity.  Oilers hockey means fast-paced, high-risk, high-reward.  Plus, I hate the Flames.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

The Bruins and only the Bruins.
    2nd favorite is whoever is playing the Blackhawks (I live in Chicago)
    I guess I kinda like Nashville a little since Milwaukee is their AHL affiliate and I go to alot of their games.....maybe Vancouver, cause it is a great city and they gave us Cam; also Lucic is from there.
    Teams I hate
    1) Hawks- Habs (tie)
    2)Flyers- Cheap shot team
    3)Hurricanes-Cheap shot team
    4)Dallas-Cause they left Minnesota

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Out of morbid curiosity... : Lol!  I cheer for the officials in a Leaf-Habs game.  "Yeah!  Good one Kerry!  That's how you signal unsportsmanlike conduct - right there !"  I still watch, though - c'mon, it's hockey. I respect the Oilers - or I did until the last few years.  I repect their commitment to their identity.  Oilers hockey means fast-paced, high-risk, high-reward.  Plus, I hate the Flames.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, if it's NHL hockey and it's on TV I'm watching it. But that dosn't mean I can't be hatin'.