OVER ALL THESE YEARS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

OVER ALL THESE YEARS

It's time to set story the in the right mind set  and get down to why the Bruins have not won a Cup since 72. It's all about scoring, they had it in 1970, should have in 1971 , did it in 1972 with scoring. They had good D but they had scoring. All teams after had good D but not enough scoring, they got to the finals, but not enough scoring. Over all that time with some very good teams the Bruins still lose because of scoring.
    I have seen the Bruins pass up on scoring for more D and that is killing us. The Bruins NEED offensive type players to go along with their good D and for decades they get good d type players and no offence.
    Like in decades past they don't get the scoring they need and don't trade to get them. It's time to wake up and do it now because we need to and not depend on players who can't do the job.
    I see the same thing with this team, not enougth scoring, we could do okay in the playoffs but we don't have enough to finish and gone .
    If we learned anything from our mistakes we can't wait too long to right the ship because the finals without a cup  win is not good enough.We are two players from glory and it's up to PC to get them for us .
    We will soon see if PC has learned anything from the past and know what we need to get us to the promised land. We know what it is but will this be a new beginning or still be playing the game of past years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: OVER ALL THESE YEARS

1st in goals last year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

This is a good post Brunod. I watched them win there cups and if they had to outscore somebody 7-5 they could do it.

Where did there offense go against the Hurricanes in the playoffs?

Simply stating they had the most goals last year isn't good enough. Who the frick cares. This is this year and last year it was evident we didn't have the sniper to take us to the cup.

Your missing the point here Krecji. We really can't think Sturm and Recchi are going to take us to the promised land. The goals for Lucic, Wheeler and Krecji will come but these guys are young and need time. The time is now to try and get Savard a sniper who can pot 35-50 goals. It won't be easy but it can be done.

If they accomplish that goal i like are chances of the cup a whole lot better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

It's not just scoring, it is called consistent scoring. The B's had scoring but it faded at year end and scorers were sat in playoffs, that is not scoring. Many things are said about K but he still scored in playoffs. Ryder was still producing but Wheels was demoted and their line was not as effective.

They are starting to produce this year and hopefully it will continue. They still need more scoring from a consistent producer. Having production from 4 different scorers last night was great as long as it continues but we have lost too many close games that an added scorer would have changed. We do not even have a point a game producer let alone a goal in 2 game producer(40 goals).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I have to agree. The B's do miss that Bonafide game finisher, however if everyone does their job I think the B's have what it takes. I mean last yr it was Maxime Talbot that got both goals for the Pens in game #7, but Malkin, Crosby et al certainly were a factor to get to game 7. So it certainly would be nice for the B's to use some of their deep prospects & draft picks to get someone, but who? I mean Kovy was a bust in the po's two yrs ago & he had Hossa with him. People have said Heatley, but this guy is a baby & the Ducks showed he can be contained. I certainly would love to see Alfredsonn come over. I think he's ready to win & he plays with a B's attitude.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Unless they can get Sharp from Chicago because of their cap situation, i don't see it happening until closer to the deadline. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Is Sharp the gamebreaker that they're talking about here though? He's hurt alot & I wouldn't complain the B's getting this guy. I just don't think he's in the caliber of an elite scorer that brunod & woodtick7 are talking about. Danny Alfie I think would fit the bill & honestly at this point & time I think I'd take Alfie over Kovy! I mean so far Kovy has played in 4 play-off games against a very weak defensive team in the Rangers in 08' & I don't think he had a point. He could be another Joe Thornton in the play-offs. At least DA has scored some big goals in the play-offs & with a setup guy like Savvy or Bergy for that matter I could see some sweet things.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Yes, i agree i would probably take Alfredson over Sharp but i don't see ottawa dealing him unless they are out of the playoff race near the deadline. Hawks may have a cap problem with Hossa returning and them wanting to sign Kane Toews and Keith. I was stating that was the only possible trade right now. If they could get Sharp at a reasonible price I'd say take a shot at him you could always get takers for him at the deadline if it does'nt work out for him here.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yea, @ this moment & time I have to agree. Sharp is certainly the best OPENLY out there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pistolpeteprisco. Show pistolpeteprisco's posts

In Response to Re: OVER ALL THESE YEARS:
    [QUOTE]1st in goals last year?
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Another clown who is enamored with REGULAR SEASON statistics.

Kessel by the way point a game production in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

No to Sharp, we have several similar to him. We need the next level player that can hit 40 consistently, preferably a 50 G man. Definitely in a trade for Sturm, but not for Ryder(looks like Ryan Stiles).

Alffy maybe- soon to be 37 contract at 4.875M cap hit til he is 40 in 2013 can score and is a worker. He keeps being teased with linemates. His length might be OK but he could end up being another buyout which is also not so bad as it was front end loaded and cost would be less. I would take him on my team but he is not the sniper that I am looking for even though he plays like a Bruin.