Over/Unders for 2010-2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Over/Unders for 2010-2011

So I'm going to play "Vegas" and set the over-unders for what I velieve to be some key stats relevant to next season. You may disagree with some or all of these, thinking I set the bar too high here or too low here. Only time will tell, I guess. FOr now, let's just get on record with our predictions. A simple "over" or "under" for each of the categories should do.

1. Bruins Wins Next Season - 45.5
    2. Goals for Nathan Horton - 32.5
    3. Points for Marc Savard - 82.5
    4. +/- for David Krejci - +25.5
    5. Goals for Blake Wheeler - 20.5
    6. Points for Tyler Seguin - 50.5

Let the predictions begin (and feel free to add your own Over/Unders in the comments below).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Re: Over/Unders for 2010-2011

1.  ...That one is close. I am going to say under but just barely.
    2.  Under.
    3.  Under.
    4.  Under.
    5.  Over.
    6.  This one will depend on how Claude utilizes him but I'll HOPE for Over.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

1.) Over I'll say they'll have around 47...go like 47-27-8 or so, I'm going on record saying they'll have anywhere from 100-106 points and win the division).
    2.) Under. Tough call though. I'll say anywhere from 27-32. Not over 32.
    3.) Under. I see a bounce back year, assuming he stays healthy, which I'll gamble and say he'll play 75ish+ games. 75ish points seems right.
    4.) Under.
    5.) Tough one. That's a great number to put up. I'll take the over and say he scores 21.
    6.) Under. Although I wouldn't be shocked if he goes over. I think you'll see VERY SIMILAR numbers that Stamkos and Tavares put up as rookies. I'll say Seguin has 20Goals 28Assists...good for 48Points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

agree with 306

although the only one i think is certain is #4 (+25 is very high)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

1. under
    2. under
    3. over
    4. under
    5. over
    6. over

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

A few more I'll add.
    7.) Rask's GAA-2.30
    8.) Goals for Michael Ryder-20
    9.) Goals for Greg Campbell-5
    10.) Points for the Bruins-96

My predictions to these:
    7.) Tough one. Under-2.25 or so.
    8.) Over. 24.
    9.) Over. I think he'll surprise some people and put in 8-10.
    10.) Over. 100-106 points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Over/Unders for 2010-2011:
    1.  ...That one is close. I am going to say under but just barely. 2.  Under. 3.  Under. 4.  Under. 5.  Over. 6.  This one will depend on how Claude utilizes him but I'll HOPE for Over.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

this

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

1. over
    2. under 28-31 if healthy
    3. over
    4. under
    5. under
    6. under more like 40
    7. under
    8. over
    9. under
    10. over

tough call on those two slackers always hovering the 20 goal mark, you know who i mean

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

1. Bruins Wins Next Season - 45.5 (Over)
    2. Goals for Nathan Horton - 32.5 (Over)
    3. Points for Marc Savard - 82.5 (Over)
    4. +/- for David Krejci - +25.5 (Under)
    5. Goals for Blake Wheeler - 20.5 (Under)
    6. Points for Tyler Seguin - 50.5 (Under)
    7.) Rask's GAA-2.30 (Under)
    8.) Goals for Michael Ryder-20 (Over)
    9.) Goals for Greg Campbell-5 (Over)
    10.) Points for the Bruins-96 (Over)

I think Horton scores a bunch with Savard, Seguin's point total is limited on the 3rd line, Campbell tops 5 goals because Claude has been known to throw the 4th line out there regularly, the defense gets better with a full season of Seidenberg and less Wideman, plus with a hopefully improved offense, they won't have to push as much and sacrifice defense at the end of games, so Rask goes under, Ryder is in a contract year, and I see him getting at least 20, I'm afraid Wheeler's confidence gets shattered if he goes to a hearing, so he goes under, but I'm hoping if anything, it will light a fire in him, 100 points doesn't seem out of the question, especially if they can climb out of the scoring cellar, and if Krejci gets close to +25.5, I'll be thrilled.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I, uh, don't think you understand the goal of over/under from the house point of view.  The goal is to split the bets as evenly as possible so you collect the vig to make your money, then pay out 50% of the bet to the other 50%.  I look at those numbers and if you're asking me to bet with my wallet, I'd take under across the board.  I might lose on the win total, maybe on Wheeler's 20 goals, but I think I'm taking your money on every other proposition.

Be great if I was wrong here, especially since my wallet stayed in my pocket. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I find it interesting that 5 of you picked under for win total.  The Bruins had 41 wins in 07-08 when they were 8th in the division.  My expectations for this team are definitely closer to 08-09 when they had 53 wins.  As constituted this team has a Norris Trophy winner, a Vezina winner as a back up goaltender, a young goalie that led the league in save % and GAA, one of the stingiest defenses in the league, the addition of a 30 goal power forward, and the addition of an elite youngster up front.  This team is balanced and will have a rematch with Philly in the conference finals.

Toughness - Check (Lucic, Thornton, Chara, Stuart, Horton, Boychuk)
    Defense - Check (Chara, Seidenberg)
    Goaltending - Check (Best Duo in NHL)
    Scoring - Check (Savard, Horton, Bergeron, Seguin, Krejci, Lucic)
    Speed -  Minus (Seguin, Paille, Hunwick)
    Special Teams - Check
    Mix of Young & Old - Check

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1. Bruins Wins Next Season - 45.5 (over)
    2. Goals for Nathan Horton - 32.5 (under)
    3. Points for Marc Savard - 82.5 (over)
    4. +/- for David Krejci - +25.5 (under)
    5. Goals for Blake Wheeler - 20.5 (over)
    6. Points for Tyler Seguin - 50.5 (under)

PS. Book you may use monopoly money for fun go for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

A few more I'll add. 7.) Rask's GAA-2.30 8.) Goals for Michael Ryder-20 9.) Goals for Greg Campbell-5 10.) Points for the Bruins-96 My predictions to these: 7.) Tough one. Under-2.25 or so. 8.) Over. 24. 9.) Over. I think he'll surprise some people and put in 8-10. 10.) Over. 100-106 points. Posted by Hockguy0818

7.) Rask's GAA-2.30 (under)
    8.) Goals for Michael Ryder-20 (under)
    9.) Goals for Greg Campbell-5 (over)
    10.) Points for the Bruins-96 (over)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I find it interesting that 5 of you picked under for win total.  The Bruins had 41 wins in 07-08 when they were 8th in the division.  My expectations for this team are definitely closer to 08-09 when they had 53 wins.  As constituted this team has a Norris Trophy winner, a Vezina winner as a back up goaltender, a young goalie that led the league in save % and GAA, one of the stingiest defenses in the league, the addition of a 30 goal power forward, and the addition of an elite youngster up front.  This team is balanced and will have a rematch with Philly in the conference finals. Toughness - Check (Lucic, Thornton, Chara, Stuart, Horton, Boychuk) Defense - Check (Chara, Seidenberg) Goaltending - Check (Best Duo in NHL) Scoring - Check (Savard, Horton, Bergeron, Seguin, Krejci, Lucic) Speed -  Minus (Seguin, Paille, Hunwick) Special Teams - Check Mix of Young & Old - Check
    Posted by MeanE

Agreed. Assuming we stay relatively healthy, again I think we will (I think the injuries to Lucic, Savard and Stuart won't be as severe if they even happen again). We had 91 points last year, good for 3rd in the division and 6th in the east. I'll give you some reasons why I think this Bruins team will be better.
    1.) Dennis Seidenberg, we have for a full year, not 17 games.
    2.) Boychuk we have for a full year, not 51 games.
    3.) Chara had a dissapointing year (points and scoring wise), I think he'll be closer to his 08-09 season.
    4.) Savard will be healthier and IMO will have his 20+Goal season we're used to.
    5.) Tyler Seguin. He WILL make an impact.
    6.) Lucic will have a better year.
    7.) Ryder's in his contract year. He's got something to prove, and I think he will, and will put in close to 25 goals.
    8.) Tuukka Rask between the pipes for a full season.
    9.) Tim Thomas as our backup. Assuming we do not move him, and he's with us for a full year, he arguably gives us the best 1-2 goaltending punch in the NHL.
    10.) Nathan Horton. Another big guy and consistent scorer to go on a very talented first line with Lucic and Savard. The changing of teams will be just what the doctor ordered, and I see him having a big season with 30 goals.
    11.) Greg Campbell. I think he's a huge upgrade over both Sobotka and Begin that we can put on our 4th line. He's also versatile, as he can play both center and wing.

The division will be a 3 team race between Boston, Ottawa and Buffalo. The Ottawa Senators offense will likely take a hit with the losses of Regin, Cullen and Foligno. Although they added Gonchar, they lose Volchenkov and a few others from their defense and add some unproven youngsters from the minors. They likely won't be as good as last year (finished 3 points ahead of us).
    The Sabres have their core back, and add Jordan Leopold to their defensive pairing. They will be good again, but I think the Bruins will have a better team and win the division with 100-106 points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

1) Over
    2) over
    3) Over (if here)
    4) under
    5) over
    6) Under (although i'd be pleased to be wrong)

In Response to Over/Unders for 2010-2011:
    So I'm going to play "Vegas" and set the over-unders for what I velieve to be some key stats relevant to next season. You may disagree with some or all of these, thinking I set the bar too high here or too low here. Only time will tell, I guess. FOr now, let's just get on record with our predictions. A simple "over" or "under" for each of the categories should do. 1. Bruins Wins Next Season - 45.5 2. Goals for Nathan Horton - 32.5 3. Points for Marc Savard - 82.5 4. +/- for David Krejci - +25.5 5. Goals for Blake Wheeler - 20.5 6. Points for Tyler Seguin - 50.5 Let the predictions begin (and feel free to add your own Over/Unders in the comments below).
    Posted by legolaspinkerton

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

In Response to Over/Unders for 2010-2011:
    So I'm going to play "Vegas" and set the over-unders for what I velieve to be some key stats relevant to next season. You may disagree with some or all of these, thinking I set the bar too high here or too low here. Only time will tell, I guess. FOr now, let's just get on record with our predictions. A simple "over" or "under" for each of the categories should do. 1. Bruins Wins Next Season - 45.5 2. Goals for Nathan Horton - 32.5 3. Points for Marc Savard - 82.5 4. +/- for David Krejci - +25.5 5. Goals for Blake Wheeler - 20.5 6. Points for Tyler Seguin - 50.5 Let the predictions begin (and feel free to add your own Over/Unders in the comments below).
    Posted by legolaspinkerton

1. Under
    2. Over
    3. Over
    4. Under
    5. Under
    6. Under

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Over on the first three, the rest i think is a toss-up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Done and done, SanDog - I expect someone will hold me to this.  I'm only doing this for the OP's list.  $1000 split like this:

1. Bruins Wins Next Season - 45.5 - under ($100) - with 10 OTLs, I still win if the B's crack 100 pts.

2. Goals for Nathan Horton - 32.5 - under ($200) - This would be a career high.  I'll bet against a career high every day.

3. Points for Marc Savard - 82.5 - under ($200) - Savard will need to be both healthy and in sync with his wingers if he's to be a point/game player again.

4. +/- for David Krejci - +25.5 - under ($200) - Again, career high for a guy who has never been a great shooter and is now coming off a nasty wrist injury.

5. Goals for Blake Wheeler - 20.5 - under ($100) - He's done it before, but I'm not sure he'll do it again.

6. Points for Tyler Seguin - 50.5 -under ($200) - I'm happy to lose this one, but unlike Tavares and Duchene, Seguin won't be a top of the lineup player.  That probably keeps him in the high 40s at best.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Done and done, SanDog - I expect someone will hold me to this.  I'm only doing this for the OP's list.  $1000 split like this: 1. Bruins Wins Next Season - 45.5 - under ($100) - with 10 OTLs, I still win if the B's crack 100 pts. 2. Goals for Nathan Horton - 32.5 - under ($200) - This would be a career high.  I'll bet against a career high every day. 3. Points for Marc Savard - 82.5 - under ($200) - Savard will need to be both healthy and in sync with his wingers if he's to be a point/game player again. 4. +/- for David Krejci - +25.5 - under ($200) - Again, career high for a guy who has never been a great shooter and is now coming off a nasty wrist injury. 5. Goals for Blake Wheeler - 20.5 - under ($100) - He's done it before, but I'm not sure he'll do it again. 6. Points for Tyler Seguin - 50.5 -under ($200) - I'm happy to lose this one, but unlike Tavares and Duchene, Seguin won't be a top of the lineup player.  That probably keeps him in the high 40s at best.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Bookboy, I would bet the house the same way you did.

Just to clarify, I'm talking about *your* house.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

My house is worth more than $1000.  My dog's house is worth more than $1000.

I pulled a Chiarelli on the Krejci bet.  I mis-read that as 25.5 goals. Don't ask me how because I went back and it's clear as day to me now.  But if I told you what I spent the day doing today, you'd be forgiving.  Unlike Tony Soprano, who will gladly profit from my mistake.

Sections
Shortcuts