Ownership to blame for Bruins woes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KmanNYC. Show KmanNYC's posts

Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes

I n Response to Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes:
    1974:  very well said; unfortunately, you fail to consider that most of the monkeys posting here have nothing to do all day but complain and dream up fantasy trades.  Most of the people who are complaining about Lucic's contract are the same ones who were posting about how MGT should spend the money to sign him again....however, once his production is down because of injuries they change their tune. 
    Posted by dbg1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KmanNYC. Show KmanNYC's posts

In Response to Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes:
    The funny thing about all of you that refuse the let the Kessel trade go is this:  What would you do if the Bs had signed Kessel and given him the money he wanted?  Which player (or two) would you have given up to afford his contract?  (Don't say Wideman, no one expected his drop in play)  Then, what?  He is defiantly not playing as good as last year and we all know that he disappears in the playoffs.   The truth is, all of you who are still whining about the Kessel trade are the same ones who would be complaining at the end of the season about the PC paying so much to keep him here. After the trade, everyone knew that Kessel alone would not turn Toronto around; so those trades would end up being worth something.  Rebuilding a team cannot be done in one year.  So I think that the PC made a good choice...I think we are better off with the picks.
    Posted by dbg1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KmanNYC. Show KmanNYC's posts

The funny thing about all of you that refuse the let the Kessel trade go is this:  What would you do if the Bs had signed Kessel and given him the money he wanted?  Which player (or two) would you have given up to afford his contract?  (Don't say Wideman, no one expected his drop in play)  Then, what?  He is defiantly not playing as good as last year and we all know that he disappears in the playoffs.   The truth is, all of you who are still whining about the Kessel trade are the same ones who would be complaining at the end of the season about the PC paying so much to keep him here. After the trade, everyone knew that Kessel alone would not turn Toronto around; so those trades would end up being worth something.  Rebuilding a team cannot be done in one year.  So I think that the PC made a good choice...I think we are better off with the picks.
    Posted by dbg1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KmanNYC. Show KmanNYC's posts

If you hire a cheap rookie GM to run your team you wind up with a team full of dead weight and no shot at winning a Cup, and that is what you have now. To these complete and utter fools who say all of a sudden ownership does not matter whatsoever at all anymore just because their is a salary cap are just morons with their head buried in the sand
    Posted by VicRattlehead

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KmanNYC. Show KmanNYC's posts

Posted by dbg1

Steady now dgb1.Monkeys?    An unfortunate term at best. Kessel was a waste of time and is hardly running wild in Toronto.Regarding ownership,lets see what PC does post olympics.
    Four game stretch at the break is a good sign,but SCORING is vital to this team
    . Hence the annoyance with management.Draft picks are nice but are rarely guarantees of future success.A proven scorer is what is needed. March 3 is the deadline. So lets see! Will hold fire for now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

A couple things, Gaborik, though a great player, never would have fit on our cap, I also love him, and think outside of Ovi, he is probably the best pure scorer in the NHL, but agree that the injuries will make that out to be a bad contract over the life of that deal.. Also though, as far as everyone knew he was out there, and he was had at the begining of the season, he signed on very first day of free agency, I dont think PC could have moved the peices around in time to make that work if he had tried...

Also CJ, I like him, I think with our forwards we do need a defense first coach, but do think we need someone with an offensive mind in the organization.. We had an offensive coach in Lewis, he didn't work with our peices (and frankly coming over from detriot to the bruisn when he did why would anyone think he would??)

TT.. I think his contract was set up to make it more cap friendly, goalies his age, and of lesser ability got higher contracts..  Roloson got what 3.5?? Khabibulin got over 6 per year, I think the idea was something like 80-20 split this year, maybe 70-30 next, 60-40 and then thomas serving as a back up during that 4th year, but that maybe starting to back fire..

The only thing I would say you can blame on the owners is the cap limit, its too low, its at 59.5% of the league wide profit, which hurts teams when you have small market clubs not holding up their end and the league refuses to move or close them.. they should have set the number higher, or exempted the top 2 earning clubs, and lowest 4 clubs etc.. the players, and the fans are getting jammed with this when realistically, the low earning/profit loss teams are dragging that cap number down...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In The only thing I would say you can blame on the owners is the cap limit, its too low, its at 59.5% of the league wide profit, which hurts teams when you have small market clubs not holding up their end and the league refuses to move or close them.. they should have set the number higher, or exempted the top 2 earning clubs, and lowest 4 clubs etc.. the players, and the fans are getting jammed with this when realistically, the low earning/profit loss teams are dragging that cap number down...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

rolerhoky19 Now there is some information worth reading.  Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

why is everyone so pumped about this four game win streak? I mean its great that they won but look at the quality of the teams. Tampa Bay, Florida, Montreal and Buffalo. Buffalo is a quality team but the other three are not all that great and we barely got two points out of the tampa and florida game. we need another forward on the top line with savard this year to atleast be competitive.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]why is everyone so pumped about this four game win streak? I mean its great that they won but look at the quality of the teams. Tampa Bay, Florida, Montreal and Buffalo. Buffalo is a quality team but the other three are not all that great and we barely got two points out of the tampa and florida game. we need another forward on the top line with savard this year to atleast be competitive.
    Posted by tommy3123[/QUOTE]

Because we are Bruins fans and winning= happy fans :-0

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Well Peter C. has irritated me with his "evaluating" all the time.  However, he does seem to be getting better since some of his signings (Schaefer and Fernandez, who was good, just injured.) 

The Hockey News had PC as one of the best GM's, the Jacobs have signed GM, Coach, Asst. Coaches to longer contracts, so perhaps it will take a while for their decisions to become realized.  It absolutely pains me when someone gets signed for major $$$$ and then does nothing.  I wish Ryder and Wideman turn their games around. 

Time will tell.  I'd hate to be a Coyotes/Predator/Leafs fan though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

morphosis i understand what you are saying injuries have killed us this year, but why didnt we make a bigger move last year when we were in first and a legit cup contender? it just doesnt make any sense. If management was actually serious about conteding they would have added someone rather than recchi and montador, although i did like the recchi trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]The funny thing about all of you that refuse the let the Kessel trade go is this:  What would you do if the Bs had signed Kessel and given him the money he wanted?  Which player (or two) would you have given up to afford his contract?  (Don't say Wideman, no one expected his drop in play)  Then, what?  He is defiantly not playing as good as last year and we all know that he disappears in the playoffs.   The truth is, all of you who are still whining about the Kessel trade are the same ones who would be complaining at the end of the season about the PC paying so much to keep him here. After the trade, everyone knew that Kessel alone would not turn Toronto around; so those trades would end up being worth something.  Rebuilding a team cannot be done in one year.  So I think that the PC made a good choice...I think we are better off with the picks.
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

dbg, of course Kessel isn't tuning TO around.  Regardless of what you or I or anyone feels,  he's not fallen by the wayside without Savy.  He's proven he is a 35 goal scorer.  They bring a huge premium on the trade market.  If PC didn't want to keep him, he should have signed him earlier, which would have been cheaper, then dealt him over the summer.  He didn't need to give up a thing and could have had several months to put something together with "any' team before the cap hit came into play. MORE BARGAINING POWER.  Even referring to this transaction as a "trade" is a joke.  He was forced to take Burke's offer.  Regardless of the outcome, how can any reasonable person consider this a "good decision" ?
    It was a no decision !!!
    PC knows it, and the rest of the league knows it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes :

So the Bruins are going to win 3 Stanley Cups in 5 years? You sheep are a riot.

I've never seen a bigger bunch of passive fans, who embrace mediocrity with such enthusiasm in my life than on this board.

Posted by RJbeefberger[/QUOTE]

Exactly. You come to this board and you see usernames like CuptotheBruins, BruinsCupin09 & TimThomasGod.

Most of these stooges are just blind pom pom waving "sheep" for lack of a better word. They think everything the Bruins do is awsome and end cheerleading diatribes with "Go Bruins Go" or "habs blow" The sad part is they are probably adults posting "Go Bruins Go" LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]morphosis i understand what you are saying injuries have killed us this year, but why didnt we make a bigger move last year when we were in first and a legit cup contender? it just doesnt make any sense. If management was actually serious about conteding they would have added someone rather than recchi and montador, although i did like the recchi trade.
    The reason we didn't make a bigger move last year Tommy, is because we couldn't possibly do it without subtracting.  The only way you can make a big move is if you have the cap space to afford a "rental".  Otherwise, you're messing with the formula that got you to where you are, as you trade away assets and possibly chemistry(which is a huge factor).
    If we make a blockbuster deal this year...be assured, it will be for next year's success.  We don't have much cap space and our most tradeable assets....well, we don't want to deal them.  In my mind, the only thing we can do to really perk things up, is dangle one of those picks out there.  Don't think that's wise, but just my opinion

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

steve i know what your saying i dont want to touch those picks either. When you havent won the cup in 40 years sometimes you gotta subtract to get to the next level. I have seen numerous organizations do it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt but atleast trying to win the cup was a goal instead of winning a round and being happy with it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]steve i know what your saying i dont want to touch those picks either. When you havent won the cup in 40 years sometimes you gotta subtract to get to the next level. I have seen numerous organizations do it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt but atleast trying to win the cup was a goal instead of winning a round and being happy with it.

Nobody'd like to see that cup run more than me.  Turns out though, we've got a reasonably good team...a team that is arguably a bit better than it's record.  I just feel, for the first time in a long, long time, we've got the nucleous to make a huge impact next year.  Unfortunately, with virtually no games before the deadline,  little chance to see how this group would perform when healthy, and the inability to get much right now for those we'd most like to see moved, I'm ok with being a little consevative.  We'll get some really, really good picks, and over the summer it will be clearer who fits and who doesn't.  For those who are worried about how long it may take those picks to mature, we'll have options.  We can wait, or make impact deals with a ton of leverage.
    You can't build a cup winner, just a really sold team, and hope for the best.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes : dbg, of course Kessel isn't tuning TO around.  Regardless of what you or I or anyone feels,  he's not fallen by the wayside without Savy.  He's proven he is a 35 goal scorer.  They bring a huge premium on the trade market.  If PC didn't want to keep him, he should have signed him earlier, which would have been cheaper, then dealt him over the summer.  He didn't need to give up a thing and could have had several months to put something together with "any' team before the cap hit came into play. MORE BARGAINING POWER.  Even referring to this transaction as a "trade" is a joke.  He was forced to take Burke's offer.  Regardless of the outcome, how can any reasonable person consider this a "good decision" ? It was a no decision !!! PC knows it, and the rest of the league knows it.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Steve,
    You, like most people on this site fail to consider that successful negotiation takes 2 willing parties (3 if you count the agent).  So when you say that PC "should have signed him earlier" you assume that all the parties were willing to "sign" at that time. 

A lot of stars who are waiting for their "payday" will not negotiate early; but will wait to see how much the market brings.  For example, if mgt. thinks that a player is demanding too much; or if the player thinks that he is worth more than mgt is offering; then both may not be willing to sign early; but wait for the market to take hold.  Naturally, one side will be disappointed. 

In the Kessel case, one has to ask "Who Won?"  Well; Kessel did.  It appears to me that he is the "Kovy" type of player that is more interested in getting paid that he is interested in winning.  Now he has his big contract and it cost Toronto its future. 

Toronto, it appears is the big loser.  Obviously they believed that he was going to be their savior.  If they had a good year, their picks would not be worth much.  However, having a bad year, they can't even consider rebuilding now.  They are now resigned to relying on free agents and trades to build their future. 

The B's.  Well it looks more and more like the this "trade" was good for Boston.  the B's could have matched Toranto's offer and kept him; but it didn't happen.  So, PC must have thought more of the picks that he did of keeping Kessel. 

So, yes, I believe that the "trade" was deleberate and it looks more and more like a great move on the part of PC. .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes : Steve, You, like most people on this site fail to consider that successful negotiation takes 2 willing parties (3 if you count the agent).  So when you say that PC "should have signed him earlier" you assume that all the parties were willing to "sign" at that time.  A lot of stars who are waiting for their "payday" will not negotiate early; but will wait to see how much the market brings.  For example, if mgt. thinks that a player is demanding too much; or if the player thinks that he is worth more than mgt is offering; then both may not be willing to sign early; but wait for the market to take hold.  Naturally, one side will be disappointed.  In the Kessel case, one has to ask "Who Won?"  Well; Kessel did.  It appears to me that he is the "Kovy" type of player that is more interested in getting paid that he is interested in winning.  Now he has his big contract and it cost Toronto its future.  Toronto, it appears is the big loser.  Obviously they believed that he was going to be their savior.  If they had a good year, their picks would not be worth much.  However, having a bad year, they can't even consider rebuilding now.  They are now resigned to relying on free agents and trades to build their future.  The B's.  Well it looks more and more like the this "trade" was good for Boston.  the B's could have matched Toranto's offer and kept him; but it didn't happen.  So, PC must have thought more of the picks that he did of keeping Kessel.  So, yes, I believe that the "trade" was deleberate and it looks more and more like a great move on the part of PC. .
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommy3123. Show tommy3123's posts

i agree with you steve i think your right on for the most part. I just want that cup so bad and i feel we are only a player away from being a true cup contender. Cant wait for the boys to start back up and go USA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes : Exactly. You come to this board and you see usernames like CuptotheBruins, BruinsCupin09 & TimThomasGod. Most of these stooges are just blind pom pom waving "sheep" for lack of a better word. They think everything the Bruins do is awsome and end cheerleading diatribes with "Go Bruins Go" or "habs blow" The sad part is they are probably adults posting "Go Bruins Go" LOL
    Posted by KlausVonScribe[/QUOTE]

So what is your mantra? Supposedly you read other people's reasons for being as you say "sheep", and still maintain the course of negativity, to me that is a buffalo being stampeded over a cliff.  The times have changed.  So what is you motivation to write? Do you feel vindicated by seasons gone by by writing the same material over and over again.  BTW are you the same KlausVonScribe who left your dribblings on the Boston Herald blogs a year ago.  If so you have not opened up your ability to write as you said you were an editor in those spaces. Certainly you have not change from your position that the world is doomed in 2013 and the Bruins forever more.  Here is a mantra: the thinking should always be analyze to improve but never to analyze to diminish. The Bruins are on the right track.  The management is under the scrutiny of a ownership that has not won the cup in some time.  Not that others have if you do happen to read the comments above.  Keep the picks!  The most successful of people are the ones who remain stubbornly positive.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes : Steve, You, like most people on this site fail to consider that successful negotiation takes 2 willing parties (3 if you count the agent).  So when you say that PC "should have signed him earlier" you assume that all the parties were willing to "sign" at that time.  A lot of stars who are waiting for their "payday" will not negotiate early; but will wait to see how much the market brings.  For example, if mgt. thinks that a player is demanding too much; or if the player thinks that he is worth more than mgt is offering; then both may not be willing to sign early; but wait for the market to take hold.  Naturally, one side will be disappointed.  In the Kessel case, one has to ask "Who Won?"  Well; Kessel did.  It appears to me that he is the "Kovy" type of player that is more interested in getting paid that he is interested in winning.  Now he has his big contract and it cost Toronto its future.  Toronto, it appears is the big loser.  Obviously they believed that he was going to be their savior.  If they had a good year, their picks would not be worth much.  However, having a bad year, they can't even consider rebuilding now.  They are now resigned to relying on free agents and trades to build their future.  The B's.  Well it looks more and more like the this "trade" was good for Boston.  the B's could have matched Toranto's offer and kept him; but it didn't happen.  So, PC must have thought more of the picks that he did of keeping Kessel.  So, yes, I believe that the "trade" was deleberate and it looks more and more like a great move on the part of PC.

guess we disagree....especially with your assertion that I don't understand the art of "successful negotiation".  That's my only point.
    Anyway the purpose of my original post was to attempt to bring some balance regarding many comments about PC and Kessel.  Most think PC is a genious, or an idiot.  Kessel is amazing, or a talentless bum.  I take issue with both.
    Posted by dbg1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Ownership to blame for Bruins woes :
    Posted by stevegm

Steve: I actually agree with most of your comments in this thread and enjoy reading your arguments...but; it is ok to disagree with some.  I respect the fact that you at least back up your comments and opinions up with well thought out arguments and facts. 

As far as Kessel goes, I think he is a very good player; only time will tell if he can be a great one.  He is still a "kid" and has a lot of growing up to do.  He is probably not as good as he thinks he is.  I just wish that PC had the foresight to replace him. 

On an unrelated note:  start your comments after the "quote]" bracket; otherwise your comments become "trapped" in the quoted text.