Paille-- looking good??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Paille-- looking good??

He's fast, for sure.  And he seems to have some hands.  A few more goals would help.  Can't argue with his defensive skills.   Potential???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

Re: Paille-- looking good??

Meh, he's ok. He's better than Bitz. I'll give him that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

While his potential as a first round draft pick has not, and likely will never be realized, he is certainly worth what the Bruins paid for him.  Just the fact that the Bruins' penalty kill went from one of the worst in the league since one of the best has made him worth it. 

As far as what he could accomplish offensively, we will get a much better feel for what he is capable of when Savard returns, moving Bergeron down to Paille's line.  The way Bergeron has been playing this season, we can expect him to elevate the play of his linemates, whoever they are.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I am a Canadian Bruins fan who lives in Southern Ontario, where I live it's called the Niagara Penninsula; and Paille lives 20 kms north east from my home town and it's nice to see a local kid on the Bruins and hope he has great year with the B's. He will shine tonight in Buffalo!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Eh, he's a so-so pickup... hasnt done much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Fireballer sticking to his guns. Yah the powerplay hasn't been that good since he arrived LoL! Pie-Yah isn't going to get the ice time he would need to get the goals allot of Bruins fans would like to see but I like his energy allot.

If Paille helps keep the Bs at the #3 PK in the league and like Mutant said Boston didn't have to give up allot for him he's a nice add and has got some serious speed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He's played great, fast & physical. He has helped with PK but needs work on his empty netters and knowing where the red line is. A few more goals would be nice.

Far better than PJ last year and when he hits players they fall down as opposed to PJ falling himself.

Pail Pts with B's 14Ga  2G  4a 6P  Projected   75G  11G  21A 32P

PJ last year 75G   6G 24A 30P and he played 1st line and PP half the season.

Pail has been a fit since he got here on the PK, only down side he hasn't buried his chances especially his breakaways but then again noone on the team has. He has easily replaced PJ on PK but now he needs to replace Kobasews goals and hopefully CJ will get the lines set(Pail has been bounced around since he got here) and Pail won't have a problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

I miss watching PJ fall down...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Dan Paille from my hometown, Welland Ontario nice to see the kid get a chance with the B's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

yes ! anybody who thinks otherwise is not watching.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Paille-- looking good??:
    [QUOTE]I miss watching PJ fall down...
    Posted by roydelaney[/QUOTE]

MISS PJ ???  LOL  ... WE GOT WIDEMAN FALLING NOW ...LOL
    Not to sh_it on Wides but it is rather funny seeing take wipe outs and it's always in the danger zone .  Last nite while on the PK he just flipped and bang on his a_ss !  Funny because the Bruins got the puck out but it could have been worse.
    I feel bad for the guy as he has loses his edge at least once a game LOL.
    Now Paille I really like the way he skates, glides quick and fast. Too bad he doesn't have better hands otherwise last nite he would have a couple goals.
    And fireballer58 again he 's not a goal scorer and doing an excellent job on what he was brought here to do.
    I think he'll try and pop one in tonite.
    GO BRUINS !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Last night vs. Atlanta, I saw Paille handling the puck with more confidence than I have ever seen him.

This possibly (maybe - outside chance - no guarantee) might be a sign of a new look from him.  A guy with speed plus responsible would be great.  Plus it would be great for the team, it woud give a spark for sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good point BadHabit,  I also noticed Paille playing with more confidence.  You can see him cutting to the net the past few games.  He's making moves and trying to beat the other players. Those are signs of confidence.
    What I really like if the way he skates and beats his opposing D to the puck.  Eliminates at least one or two icings a game.
    I think he should be up with Savvy on so called 1st line. Begin back to centering the 4th line and Sobotka with Bergy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Paille is a very useful player ala P.J. Axelsson. A nice replacement for PJ.

He doesn't have to score a bundle to help the team. He can skate, play his position and is responsible - perfect. No wonder we have improved the PK. We need one more like him.

I'm sure Jim Benning is responsible for his pick-up,  since he was with the Sabres a few years back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

He put up decent numbers for Guelph but was never much of a sniper. That said, I don't think a twenty goal season is out of range for the guy. Basically he came as advertised. He's shored up the PK and added some grit and speed to the wing.  What's sad as a fan is that these are the deals we can expect during the season now. I miss the days when you'd wake up and out of nowhere Bobby Schmautz was on your team, or Adam Oates. Or there'd be some blockbuster on another team that gave you something to scour the sports page for. Now it's a couple minor leaguers change jerseys, or a fourth liner is traded for a sixth round draft pick and a bag of pucks. I love the game and the way it's being played, much better than the late nineties and pre-lockout 2000's when teams would sit on a one goal lead for three periods of rugby, but I do miss the pre-cap excitement of trades that weren't just rumors, but would actually come to fruition at some point during the season instead of at a last minute fire sale in March.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Paille was a good pick up. Would like to see him get some ice time with Savard. He should pop 20+ goals playing him for a full season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Darn.  That little bit of touch that he showed against Atlanta disappeared.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Paille is the kind of player that does all the little things that are sometimes not noticed. but one thing is for sure,when he arrived the penalty killing improved greatly.

he reminds me of Dave Reid in that he won't have big numbers but will get the job done in important situations. just a hunch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No No bring back Kobasew intangibles I say...Hee Hee Just kidding JW LoL!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Watching him buzz and get scoring chances I can now understand how this guy was a 1st round pick but can also understand why he hasn't put up allstar numbers and was traded.
    He has almost all the elements , speed, great skating abilities, playing a defensive role, getting scoring chances , great moves except when he has to put the puck in the net.
    I'm sure he'll continue getting his chances and hopefully some will go in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

At least he doesn't frustrate me because he's making mental mistakes (Wideman and formerly Kessel), it's an issue of pure ability - or the lack of it.  If that guy could only develop some hands at the ends of his arms, he would be pretty dangerous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If Paille had hands, he'd be a Frolik.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

If Paille had hands, he'd never leave his room.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If Paille had hands, ohhhh I can't beat lereve77's LMAO !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

He can't get it into an open net; where else do you expect him to put it