Paille Misses Penalty Shot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

Paille Misses Penalty Shot

There's a shocker

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot

it still gave momentum to the Bruins

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I gotta agree with both Paille needs to bury those he's had way too many breakaways this year and it was also momentum changer!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

You should be able to turn down the PS for a 2min PP.  Everyone knew Paille wasn't making that (i was still cheering).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Teams should be able to designate a shooter on the team for a penalty shot.. everyone in the house knew Paille was not going to score..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

you're honestly going to complain that someone didn't score on a penalty shot? Do you realize that the goalies dominate in penalty shots?

Are you really that petty that you are going to start a thread because someone didn't do something that is statistically very difficult to do?

I think you just like to whine

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot:
    you're honestly going to complain that someone didn't score on a penalty shot? Do you realize that the goalies dominate in penalty shots? Are you really that petty that you are going to start a thread because someone didn't do something that is statistically very difficult to do? I think you just like to whine
    Posted by davecarr

goalis dominates in penalty shots...no kidding sherlock, but when you have hands of stone like Paille and rest of team...your chances are slim and non

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot : goalis dominates in penalty shots...no kidding sherlock, but when you have hands of stone like Paille and rest of team...your chances are slim and non
    Posted by GutlessChara
    so... aren't you both saying the same thing?  We can all agree that on penalty shots and.or shootouts that the goalies tend to either make the save or the shooter misses the net so statistically.. you're probably not going to score.. Seems to me that you guys are in agreement.. am I wrong? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Paille played an excellent game, stopping Dubinsky's chance to tie the game with minutes left.  If Paille were not there, it was a sure goal.  

Paille has many good skills, and it's puzzling why he just doesn't score much.  On the penalty shot, it looked like he shot right into the goalie's upper arm.  There was more empty net in the upper corner, but he didn't hit it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Paille played an excellent game, stopping Dubinsky's chance to tie the game with minutes left.  If Paille were not there, it was a sure goal.   Paille has many good skills, and it's puzzling why he just doesn't score much.  On the penalty shot, it looked like he shot right into the goalie's upper arm.  There was more empty net in the upper corner, but he didn't hit it.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Paille works hard, skates his tail off and is an excellent PKer. He has little touch around the net, and Lundqvist is a world-class goalie (Paille didn't shoot right into his upper arm; Lundqvist made the save). It's not shocking that he didn't score. What IS shocking is that someone would be nit-picky enough to actually post and complain about it. The Fellowship of the Miserable lives on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Teams should be able to designate a shooter on the team for a penalty shot.. everyone in the house knew Paille was not going to score..
    Posted by cowboys9

A penalty shot is not designed to "penalize" a team.  It is awarded to the player who was interfered with on his way to goal.  It is basically a "do over".  Thus, putting the player who was on the breakaway one on one with the goalie. 

If you got to let your best player shoot, then it is not exactly recreating the situation without the interference.  Face it; if he was not interfered with, chances are the results would have been the same.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Paille played an excellent game, stopping Dubinsky's chance to tie the game with minutes left.  If Paille were not there, it was a sure goal.   Paille has many good skills, and it's puzzling why he just doesn't score much.  On the penalty shot, it looked like he shot right into the goalie's upper arm.  There was more empty net in the upper corner, but he didn't hit it.

Ahh  that's who the player was to stop Dubinsky .  I was pointing out to Duinne a few mistakes (?) Wideman made and Paille saved Wideman's miss handling of Dubinsky behind the net when he cut across and Rask was down and out.
    I just wish Paille used his speed on the PS since he doesn't have the best hands with his speed to can make a goalie back-down faster and he would have more openings.
    He's taken over what Axelsson did for the Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

A "penalty" shot is not designed to penalize a team?

Good one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot : Paille works hard, skates his tail off and is an excellent PKer. He has little touch around the net, and Lundqvist is a world-class goalie (Paille didn't shoot right into his upper arm; Lundqvist made the save). It's not shocking that he didn't score. What IS shocking is that someone would be nit-picky enough to actually post and complain about it. The Fellowship of the Miserable lives on.
    Posted by duinne

Uhh, I hope you're not counting me among your designated Fellowship.  I am very positive about Paille and agree with BsLegion that he's a replacement for Axellson (adding his magnificent speed).  His skills in forechecking and PK are top drawer.  

I don't agree that Lundqvist had to move much to make the save, but we all see the game a bit differently.  Is it nit-picky or complaintive to say so?  The important point here is that Paille would be a top notch player with some more finesse in the scoring department.  Perhaps he can still learn that component of the game.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot : Uhh, I hope you're not counting me among your designated Fellowship.  I am very positive about Paille and agree with BsLegion that he's a replacement for Axellson (adding his magnificent speed).  His skills in forechecking and PK are top drawer.   I don't agree that Lundqvist had to move much to make the save, but we all see the game a bit differently.  Is it nit-picky or complaintive to say so?  The important point here is that Paille would be a top notch player with some more finesse in the scoring department.  Perhaps he can still learn that component of the game.  

1st rounder for the sabres could not do it there...what make you think he will all of a sudden will start finding the net here in Boston especially on team where nobody else can find the net

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot : Uhh, I hope you're not counting me among your designated Fellowship.  I am very positive about Paille and agree with BsLegion that he's a replacement for Axellson (adding his magnificent speed).  His skills in forechecking and PK are top drawer.   I don't agree that Lundqvist had to move much to make the save, but we all see the game a bit differently.  Is it nit-picky or complaintive to say so?  The important point here is that Paille would be a top notch player with some more finesse in the scoring department.  Perhaps he can still learn that component of the game.  

No, not counting you at all, CCM. I just have to stand in wonder at people who go searching for things to complain about after a solid, hard-fought victory. It's amazing.

I don't think Paille will ever be a big scorer. He is what he is - a hard-working defensive guy with enough speed to open up the defense for his teammates.  He's a valuable guy to have on your team; it's no coincidence that the Bruins' PK became the best in the NHL after he arrived. He plays his role well, and as long as he continues to do so, I'm certainly not going to complain that he's not scoring much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot : 1st rounder for the sabres could not do it there...what make you think he will all of a sudden will start finding the net here in Boston especially on team where nobody else can find the net
    Posted by GutlessChara

He had 27 and 37 goals in two years as a junior, and 19 in 2007-08 with Buffalo. The potential is there.  Can 25 year old players still learn and develop?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot : He had 27 and 37 goals in two years as a junior, and 19 in 2007-08 with Buffalo. The potential is there.  Can 25 year old players still learn and develop?  

That's not a ton of goals for a junior, and hitting 19 in the NHL once, two years ago, means little.

Sure, you can learn and develop. But can you suddenly gain a goal-scorer's touch? I don't think so. Those players are born, not made, IMHO. You can certainly refine your goal-scoring -- God knows the best players have put in countless hours of practice -- but it's a talent like any other. You've either got it or you don't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

His penalty shot attempt was so weak. Looked like he was aiming for Lundqvist's pad. He was dead on. Really bad penalty shot for a guy playing in the show.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

His penalty shot attempt was so weak. Looked like he was aiming for Lundqvist's pad. He was dead on. Really bad penalty shot for a guy playing in the show.
    Posted by mattymcgee55

But should this suprise any one? After nearly any game you could start a thread readin "Paille blows break away".. His first 20 games as a bruins I would wager he had 15 clear break aways with out burying 1...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Before he shot I said don't go gloveside on him, he has a great glove...

Wideman then scores backhand on glove side go figure...

We could have had Thorn shoot.LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Paille Misses Penalty Shot : That's not a ton of goals for a junior, and hitting 19 in the NHL once, two years ago, means little. Sure, you can learn and develop. But can you suddenly gain a goal-scorer's touch? I don't think so. Those players are born, not made, IMHO. You can certainly refine your goal-scoring -- God knows the best players have put in countless hours of practice -- but it's a talent like any other. You've either got it or you don't.
    Posted by duinne

The question is, can an old (age 25!!!) player learn new tricks.  Beats me.  I see Paille doing great stick work, anticipation, puck lugging, passing, with super speed..... so why the heck can't he score?  Is it just a mental block?  Can he unlearn some pattern and learn a new one?

I dunno and would like to hear from additional astute posters, some of whom surely have way more hockey knowledge than I.  The apex of my hockey career was making the college freshman team (RPI) and after that I've been just an observer, and I don't watch many games besides the Bs.  Are there examples of players who have INCREASED their goal production in the latter years of their tenure?  For sure, some have DECLINED, but that's probably due to the loss of speed and reflex.

Can Paille still become a whiz kid ace goal getter?

Hope so!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

it's a wonder some of you dont complain about oxygen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Paille Misses Penalty Shot:
    There's a shocker
    Posted by GutlessChara

Troll.