paille!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

paille!!

i dont know you get rid of 4 quarters for a dollar!why even bother,daniel paille!!looks like were building a team of plumbers with a couple of stars.Dont get me wrong i think Paille and his personal record of like 19(?)goals is great for depth but dont we got a bunch of those kind of players!Enough with these dumb moves just go out and get a "superstar" and get it over with all ready!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Re: paille!!

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. i usually back PC in his decisions but this guy, really. We have awesome depth people. We need an upperteir player or players. I am thinking someone who could actually keep up with Savy and take his passes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well guess what..trade a 3rd round pick for a chance at losing him after this season,,hes a rfa and only 1.3 cap and lower if he goes to providence..Its business,,Imagine if hes good this year,,one never knows

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

No superstars are coming through that door this year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Im assuming they picked him up to play in Providence since we took two of Providences top players....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: paille!!:[QUOTE]Im assuming they picked him up to play in Providence since we took two of Providence's top players Posted by dhitch

That's exactly what this move is and nothing more. No reason to analyze this anymore. Nothing wrong with a little depth and they gave up a third rounder plus a conditional. ZZzzzzzzz 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I would think that they acquired him to play in Boston and not Providence
    He excels at killing penalties so hopefully that will help out .
    Scored 19 goals two years ago, should help out during Lucic's absence

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

hes either a temporary replacement for lucic or hes a guy that they would like to take a look at, if he works in their system, he stays, if he doesn't, providence it is, cap hit of 1.125, not a big deal

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to paille!!:
    [QUOTE]i dont know you get rid of 4 quarters for a dollar!why even bother,daniel paille!!looks like were building a team of plumbers with a couple of stars.Dont get me wrong i think Paille and his personal record of like 19(?)goals is great for depth but dont we got a bunch of those kind of players!Enough with these dumb moves just go out and get a "superstar" and get it over with all ready!!
    Posted by bruinsfan76[/QUOTE]

Here is a rhetorical question:  who is dumber; the manager who trades away a "superstar" seven games into the season, or the moron fan who thinks it might actually happen.  All the moves that have been made so far are depth moves and are made to fill gaps.  Sure, a big trade might happen, but do you really think it is going to happen this early in the season?  This early in the season, everyone is a contender.  These message boards are a prime example why PC makes millions and all of you are resigned to complaining about ticket prices and still whining about how much you miss PK.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gkr2. Show gkr2's posts

lol another jacobs special added to the roster.

I wonder how many Mark Mowers clones we can add to the roster by the end of the year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: paille!!:
    [QUOTE] just go out and get a "superstar" and get it over with all ready!!

BF76, i want to thank you for making my point.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

paille, marchand & sobotka, 2 of these 3 will play the other one will be the extra forward. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I would think that they acquired him to play in Boston and not Providence He excels at killing penalties so hopefully that will help out . Scored 19 goals two years ago, should help out during Lucic's absence
    Posted by Bruins6[/QUOTE]

Yes,  he will be doing some of the dirty work Looch was doing in the corners.
    That's what he's here for.  A former 1st rounder , who knows... Lucic won't be gone forever and when he's on his way back someone's got to be moved back but in the meantime a whole LOT of competition for spots .  This is the move within the move.
    Personally I don't know much about this guy and haven't really noticed him when watched the Sabres. Let me notice you Daniel !
    GO BRUINS !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

not gonna get in it with you dbg1 but if you can just reread my post you can clearlly see that the word today,now,tommorow are missing!i was simply saying to stop trading for nothing and if your gonna do a trade do it fo a superstar!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]not gonna get in it with you dbg1 but if you can just reread my post you can clearlly see that the word today,now,tommorow are missing!i was simply saying to stop trading for nothing and if your gonna do a trade do it fo a superstar!

LOL.... who trades superstars this early ?  Are there any up for grabs ?
    Oh wait let me re-phrase.  O Connell where are you ???  We need a trade. lol
    Hey bruinsfan76 just kidding around, it made me think of O Connell and wanted to take a sarcastic stab.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Former 1st rounder oh yeah Kobie went number 14 2001 we took Morrison #19.

Paille #20 2002 we took Toivanen #29

We went after the wrong 1st rounders to trade for
    Nash went #1 -2002 and Kovalchuk went #1 2001.

#^$##^$#%$&^%%$%#
    I know it is only the 7th game and we won't get anyone anygood now, but you can't get them if you don't try.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

If the guy can kill penalties, then I say give him a shot. He can't hurt the pk. It's horrible

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

they brought this kid in to kill penalties because the rest of the team can't,and score a few goals here and there as well

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3846707. Show user_3846707's posts

there is a reason nobody knows who this guy is---he topped out at 19 goals after 7 years and was last seen as odd man out in buffalo after ellis from portland took his spot---yea a minor league player passed him from a non playoff team and now he's gonna help us---laughable---please lets check-out our guys in providence b4 we waste picks on players on their way out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille!! : This is the move within the move.  Let me notice you Daniel ! GO BRUINS ! Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

That's right let us notice you Pie-yay, Let us notice you. @ Medford Mick it's Pie-yay,  Pie-yay... Just like Chucky going to Minn. for a change of scenary it could work for Pie-yay as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]paille, marchand & sobotka, 2 of these 3 will play the other one will be the extra forward. 
    Posted by ocram[/QUOTE]

That's right.  PC-CJ have set up a competition.  All three will be busting.  And when Lucic comes back it will be "one survivor".  Unless of course Recchi is put aside, then two survivors of the three.  

Then, when another injury occurs (as they always do), we have an extra NHL grade forward right and ready.  Not a bad move.

But-- wouldn't retaining Kobasew have accomplished the same thing?  Hard to imagine that Paille will be better tham Kobe.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]they brought this kid in to kill penalties because the rest of the team can't,and score a few goals here and there as well
    Posted by crazybsfan04[/QUOTE]

Maybe Paille  is another Axe, a younger version....?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: paille!! : Maybe Paille  is another Axe, a younger version....?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah maybe not...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

we do need our fowards to be more responsible defensively. and this player fits that role.
     And maybe at the trade deadline we can pick up a scorer.
     But I am afraid our biggest problem is defense .
    One of the smallest d's in the league they are just too small . the other teams seem to catch on after the first period that they are not going to be hit and can pretty much do what they want in our end.
    honestly a couple of our games look like  all-star games in our end .
     We live and die on defense and without the tough nasty presence of ward knidy and montadour . We look like we really are small slow and just not very good. so if I don't see  a trade or two for big mean d-men . I'm afraid it will be a long long year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeffMaine. Show JeffMaine's posts

Threads like these just go to show that Chiarelli will never make people happy.

Anyone who knows anything about hockey will tell you that Paille still has potential to be a 25-30 goal scorer.  Will he reach it?  Maybe, maybe not.

He easily has as much potential as Sobotka....and likely significantly more.  Sobotka projects to be a 10-15 goal scorer, tops.

Paille wont be a superstar, but he can certainly be a 20-25 goal guy on the right team.  Boston plays a much more north-south game than Buffalo.  Personally, I think a Bergeron-Marchand-Paille line would be high energy and quality.

Paille will bring energy and consistent hitting.  NOT big hits, which are vastly overrated.  But he finishes his checks consistently.

He should be a pleasant surprise for Bruin fans.

But unfortunately, he wont be given a chance to show what he can bring, because all of the so-called fans have already made their minds up about him.  First mistake he makes, and all of you will turn on him, just as you do to everyone who screws up.

Later