PBruins fans: update please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

PBruins fans: update please

Quick look at the PBruins last few game sheets was a bit surprising.  Has the return of Marchand and Whitfield meant that much?  Looked like Marchand-Whitfield-Lehtonen have some chemistry going - with Lehtonen potting about 5 goals in the last two weeks.  Same with Hamill and Arniel - Hamill looks like he's going at about a point a game (though it's more like two here, none there).  Saw an 8 goal game, a 6 goal game, a 5 goal game in the same period.  Promise or mirage?  I await expert opinions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Re: PBruins fans: update please

I'm an interested observer in the P Bruins. Good to see some of the young guys chipping in with production not just the old guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

March came back off injury and Whitfield from Boston.

I'm EVALUATING!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shandkid. Show shandkid's posts

also just leting everyone know a big factor the pbruins are winning is the play of winger jordan knackstedt ... latly he has been putting up points and WAS the pbruins player of the mounth of january

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

nick lidstrom is a far better defenseman the orr ever was

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Ya . ok.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Lidstrom is not even top 10 all time, you must be a Pete "Knows nothing" McGuire fan.

I'M EVALUATING!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: PBruins fans: update please:
    Posted by canubthatdumb

really ? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: PBruins fans: update please:
    Posted by canubthatdumb

LMAO!... Give me some of what you are taking! I need some energy before school this morning!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by canubthatdumb

Duh ! ! !   What an idiot you are ..not only Bobby Orr is the best D ever but the best hoceky player of all time ...

wake up and smell you coffee ...Bum

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Guys, this kid couldn't find a Red Wings forum so he decided to go to a thread talking about the PBruins . Jordan Knackstedt  ? Interesting . His stats don't show that much up to this point in his career . He's got good size and is still young. 3rd or 4th liner ? I seen him for the first time last week and noticed how big he looked. Anybody else seen him play ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

14 goals came during a weekend home-and-home against last place Springfield.
    But then 11 came in drubbing first-place Worcester, so maybe they are finally starting to play well.
    A big part of it is Whitfield.  However he looks in the NHL, he seems to light the lamp in the AHL.  Must be experience.
    Looks like Riendeau wasn't able to jump in and start contributing though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Whose signature is it that says "don't feed the troll"?  Most obvious fishing expedition I've ever seen.

Interesting Knackstedt fact, given that I've never really thought of him as having any potential as a scorer at the NHL level: Bruins drafted him in the 7th round in 2007 after he put up a point a game after a trade to Moose Jaw (WHL).  First round pick for Boston that year?  Zach Hamill, who was coming off a 32 goal/93 point season in Everett (WHL).  In '07-'08, however, Hamill put up 26-49-75 in 67 games.  Knackstedt went the other way - 31-54-85 in 72 games.  He not only outscored Hamill in their last Jr. year, he nearly equalled the season that got Hamill drafted 8th overall.  Now, you always take age into account with Jrs because the more physically mature kids usually have an advantage - but it's worth mulling over the possibility that Knackstedt - at 6'2" and close to 200lbs - has as much chance of getting to the NHL as Hamill, and he probably is better suited to cut his teeth on the 4th line.  Hockeysfuture cites his skating as his key flaw, but he wouldn't be the first ugly skater to make it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I would expect Marchand to be in the lineup next season, probably as a replacement to Recchi if he retires.  I would think that Paille get put down to his third or fourth line status next year also, (if they resign him, which they should), and I don't see Thornton, Begin, or Sobotka with the forward corps next year.  Zenon Konopka is a free agent this year and he would be awesome as a fourth line get-in-your-face type. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Even though Hamill hasn't shown enough to give him more playing time I'd still like to see him play with some more talented players just to see if that will up the level of his game. He is more of a pass first shoot later type of player . Maybe the players coming from college and juniors next year will be a better fit for him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Dr., I never understood why everyone thought Riendeau would make a huge difference.  Over-agers in Junior almost always have inflated stats.  A good comparable is Thomas Beauregard.  Two years before Riendeau put up 126 points, Beauregard (also in the Q) put up 124.  Like Riendeau, he was an over-age player in his fifth year in the Q.  Since then, he's been a point per game player...in the ECHL.  He's played all of 10 games in the A and has 4 points.  Like Riendeau, he was never drafted.

His teammate, Mathieu Perreault, had 123 points that year.  It was only his 3rd QMJHL season, but the year before, he had 119 points.  He was drafted after his first season in the Q in the 6th round by the Caps. He's a point/game player in the A for the first time this year (his third pro season) and he's played 18 games in the NHL (a respectable 2-5-7).  I bring him up to point out two things - you can spot the difference immediately between the guy who had 110+ points as a 19yr old and a guy who only did it as an over-ager, and even a guy who has multiple 110+ point seasons in the Q isn't necessarily an immediate impact player at any level of pro hockey.

Any expectations for Riendeau based on that 58 goal season need to be curbed.  Hard.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I was more pointing it out for those that had either forgotten him, or where wondering what happened to him.  Still a worthy risk of a signing, I think.  Maybe he will find a way to translate his game to higher levels.
    Obviously he went un-drafted for a reason, though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, absolutely - you never know, right?  0 risk in giving him a shot.