PC & the B's did the right thing...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Re: PC & the B's did the right thing...

Well I do agree with you in alot of points. At the same time, to get better or get better players, you need to give something up. Maybe no one wanted Wideman, Ryder and Sturm. But why?? Who signed them to stupid contracts??? The GMs job is to make the team better when it needs it. The whole season we (fans) have been hearing it from the bosses, the coach and even the players (like Bergeron) that they need to play better. Well here we are 1 game after the 2 week break and they still play like they did week 1. When will these chances come??? I do agree that we need to blame players. They're the ones shooting 3 miles wide, not making the passes, the hits of skating back to help out. With all of this said and what you said. If the players still havent done what they are supposed to be doing then we as fans agree that the GM should be making changes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to PC & the B's did the right thing...:
    I agree with PC & the B's did today...he didnt want to overpay. And if you look at what went down today, the top 5 biggest deals would of hurt the Bruins more than helped.... Peter Mueller traded for Wolski....yah both would be been nice but they were traded for each other...so if the B's wanted either one of them, it would of cost us Wheeler, Krejci, or Bergie... Visnovsky for Whitney & pick....would of loved Visnovsky, but Whitney is considered one of the better young offensive puck moving D-Men...would of cost us Wheeler & picks. Edm didnt want Wideman, i can guarantee that... Lee Stempniak....having a horrible year in Toronto. cost 2 draft picks...just not worth it. Raffi Torres for Paetch & 2nd round pick....this would of cost us Wheeler & a 2nd round pick....just wouldnt do that. so if you look at the deals around the league, the Bruins just couldnt overpay, and i dont blame them. i know most of you dont care, but its reality. theres no way any team wanted Ryder, Wideman, Sturm and we would get anything significant back for them...i know most of you think you can just trade them for guys like Jeff Carter, or Nathan Horton, but thats just not reality.... And he was right in his press conference, the guys on our team need to step up!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!! Wheeler, Krejci, Lucic, Savvy, Bergie, Ryder, Chara, Wideman all need to step up and put pucks in the net....these 8 guys are paid to do that, they have done it in the past, they need to do it NOW!!!!....adding a Stempniak or Torres into the mix wouldnt make us any better because we would have to give up one of those guys to even get them...so what does that do...nothing...puts us right where we are now.... Complain all you want, but there was nothing that could of been done to improve our team unless those 8 guys are playing at a high level like they were last year... and look at the teams around us trying for the playoffs. Montreal, Philly, NYR, Tampa Bay, none of these teams did anything to improve themselves.... the top 5 teams did yes, but those top 5 teams Wash, Pitt, NJ, Buffalo, Ottawa are having just far better years than the Bruins....but the bottom teams fighting for 6-7-8 spots, we are all in the same boat....If we make it in, then great, anything can happen.... but calling for people to be fired is ridiculous unless you want to fire Lucic, Krejci, Savvy, Chara, Wheeler, for once cant you blame the players for our problems....they are the ones on the ice...PC isnt making the passes...no GM is.....you guys torture GMs & Coaches when teams are bad, give them no credit when teams are good....Julien wins coach of the year last year, now you want his head.... the hypocrisy in Boston sports just reaches new ridiculous levels every single year with the fans...
    Posted by morphosis1974

Wow, you really drink what Peter and Co. are giving you huh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

In Response to Re: PC & the B's did the right thing...:
    In Response to PC & the B's did the right thing... : Wow, you really drink what Peter and Co. are giving you huh?
    Posted by xenimus

Because it's soooo much more courageous and non-conformist of you and others to be constantly negative about the Franchise. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

If we make it in, then great, anything can happen....???? Have you been watching this year at all? Like the b's are going to win 4 out of 7  at 2-1? Can you send me your rose colored glasses so I can see what you see? After the finish last year they CHOSE not to leave the locker room intact... who's fault is that the players?  Give me a break! They subtracted HUGE amounts of chemistry and broke up a team that PLAYED FOR EACH OTHER... why do you think the players just don't care this year? and I am NOT talking about Kessel he was only a small piece! This GM has folded this team for this season and the players have known that all year!
    Posted by NOYFB

The core of the team is still there.  PJ Axelsson, as much as I loved him didn't cause this team to fall apart when he was traded.  Yelle and Ward were the others we let go.  3 guys leave and 17 people can't get along and there's no chemistry?  What a world we apparently live in...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I agree with this post.....way too much overreaction.  There was nothing out there to get.  I'm looking forward to the draft....let's hope we land a top 3 pick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

If the picks were so important, why did we give up the 2nd rounder in the Seidenberg deal? So in the end, Morris, Bitz and a 4th rounder for Seidenberg and a 2nd rounder?  Both Seidenberg and Morris are UFA's next year, these were stupid trades.  PC is in over his head and should be removed as GM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Great Job by PC for recognizing that adding a marginal forward/goal scorer at the expense of the future was not worth it.

There is no way that this team can beat the likes of Washington/New Jersey/Pittsburgh anyway and even if they were able to add a top 6 forward.

This team overacheived last year plain and simple.  Expectations were high, but injuries have hurt.  For those of you who think that having Kessel on this team would have helped the scoring you are not seeing the big picture.  I still say coaching is the major issue.  I blame our lack of not having puck moving defenseman, not soley on the players, but on the system. 

Trading Morris was a good thing-- he was not coming back next year-- and they open up some cap space.  Bitz was useless.  Can't skate, can't fight, cant score & could'nt even crack the lineup.  Saved some more cap space.

I am dissapointed as much as any true Bruins fan for this years teams failures, but unlike all the Bozo's who continually blame the GM either here or on the Red Sox board, I will continue to support my team through the good and bad times

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Just like the management i believe believe in this team all year and i will keep believing.  Don't get me wrong i would have taken a goal scorer but i am sure that if they could have done something they would have.  If they didn't it is because they wanted too much in return.  
       As dissapointed as we can be today...i am sure that if we take a look at it 5 years from now and see those picks develop it might look like a good move not to panic and trade away our future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am not in complete disagreement that the guys that were dealt were not worthy of Bruins extending themselves.  Why the 2nd Rounder? It does not box, this was the #37 pick in the draft as of yesterday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

How many 1 goal games did the B's lose? There D is top 5. It wouldn't take much to improve this team...all they did today was save $

You all who agree must be the Nerds relatives!

PC must go!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

actually wow, im surprised how many of you are agreeing with me....I dont see a lot of posts on here that have an optimistic view....be nice if people were a lot more optimistic, it really would. Yah and i agree, we are no where near Washington, NJ, Pitt, Buffalo, or Ottawa right now....there was nothing we could of got that would bring us to their levels.  the only thing that can is Savvy, Lucic, Krejci, Chara, Wheeler, Sturm, Ryder, Wideman and now Seidenberg....these guys need to step it up and play the game of Hockey they know they can play....thats what Pittsburgh did last year, thats what the Bruins need to do this year... and if the dont, we have a Lottery pick coming possibly another top 10 pick if the Bruins tank, and then the chance to sign some nice free agents like Patrick Marleau.....but when the negativity is so crazy fanatic like a lot of people are, why would any Hockey Player want to come here....
    Posted by morphosis1974

Morph, I get the fact that the B's should not extend themselves for junk, but why the 2nd Round Pick for Seidenberg?  Is Morris VS Seidenberg worth a 2nd rounder?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

How many years have we been fooled and feed optomism after the B's don't make the playoffs?

This manag. team, including Neely have no idea of how to build a team! You have 8 guys on you list and can't bring in one!

Fire the lot and bring in Yzerman!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Crowls2424 you have to give up something to get something....Bitz & Weller are not hi-end talent, so Florida wanted somethng in return for Seidenberg and a 2nd round pick is pretty good for him plus we get prospect Bartkowski who is being touted as a very good 2 way D-man as well..hes a college player so you never know but we can take a chance with him....you guys dont know much about Seidenberg because you probably never seen him play or pay attention, but hes a top 2-3 D-Man, great defensive abilites, knows how to move in the zones, blocks tons of shots, and hes been getting better every year....Morris just didnt fit and he hasnt really fit in any system for the past 2-3 years...he been dealt how many times now? I watch a ton of hockey, ive seen Seidenberg play numerous times, he was a beast in the Olympics playing tons of minutes on the german team, hes a really good player most don't know about... i know Seidenberg is a UFA, but if he plays well, and he should, they could re-sign him...Wouldnt cost that much, probably around the 3 million range like Morris, and much rather have Morris than Seidenberg....
    Posted by morphosis1974

Morph- do some homework...both Morris and Seidenberg were UFA's last year and both were signed to 1-year deals.  The B's signed Morris for $3.3M in July and the Panthers signed Seidenberg to a $2.25M deal in September, what changed?.  So are you saying that PC botched the Morris signing and that cost us a 2nd round pick?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Crowls2424 you didnt read my post...yes i know Seidenberg is UFA, yes we traded a 2nd round pick for Seidenberg who could be lost at seasons end...but i think he will like the Julien system, playing on a team with Chara, Stuart, Wideman, Ferrence, and will likely resign here... hes a top 2 or 3 D-Man, giving a 2nd round pick for him is a good deal, and hes only 28 years old, been improving every year.... that is the price it costs to land a 2-3 D-Man in the NHL at a Trade Deadline...That 2nd round pick may never see the light of day in the NHL, but Seidenberg we got him for a few months and if he plays good, which i think he will, could resign here at fairly low money...in the $2.5-3 million... we were going to lose Morris anyway, so at very worst we got a 18 year old college prospect in Bartkowski ....plus a 4th round 2011 pick for Morris... thats the cost of making trades in the NHL, you cant just give Wideman's and Ryders for Jeff Carters or Nathan Hortons....Guy like Dominic Moore cost Montreal a 2nd round pick....Matt Cullen cost a 2nd round pick & Alex Picard... thats just the going rate for these deals.
    Posted by morphosis1974

I still don't understand that approach or your examples.  If the B's think Seidenberg is a great fit for their system, then couldn't they sign him in the off-season?  Why give the very valuable 2nd round pick?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Sorry Peter!, it must be Peter.

I was fooled because the team starts to go in the right direction, now this. You can beleive that Sidenber was on there "LIST". The B's didn't need a big deal. Even a little shake up. Adding one player with 20 goals would of made a world of difference. Torres would of brought energy and a little touch...but I guess he wasn't on the list.

I didn't mind letting Kessel go, the B's had 60 games to relize that they could score...and they had under acheivers. It's not like they just had today to make a deal.

We should all enjoy the Leafs beating us tomorrow with their farm team!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Great point Crowls!

How anyone can defend PC is beyond me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Morph- your arguements sound alot like PC's.  I am glad that you like Seidenberg, seems to me that PC should have signed him in the off-season over Morris.  To "gamble" an early 2nd round pick that he will sign an extension with the B's is wreckless...exactly why we have Wideman, Ryder and Thomas signed to awful contracts.  Is PC your brother or cousin?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

my overall point to this board is what do you think PC could of done to make us better than Wash, Pitt, NJ, Buffalo, or Ottawa? and most likely, a lot of you think they would have to give up nothing to land guys like Jeff Carter, Nathan Horton, Wolski, even Kovalchuk a few weeks ago. we had a few bargaining chips, Ryder, Wideman, and Morris...what do you guys think we could of got for them.....the answer is NOTHING!! We couldnt deal Thomas, he wasnt going to waive his NTC....and Philly wasnt going to give up Jeff Carter for him, Wash wasnt going to give up Fleischmann for him...Chicago wasnt going to give up Versteeg or Patrick Sharp for him... etc...etc... PC was right in his conference, and im glad he called it out (although not by names)...Savvy, Lucic, Krejci, Wheeler, Chara, Bergie, Ryder, and Wideman need to play to the levels they are capable of playing of playing...ITS THE ONLY THING THAT CAN TURN THE BRUINS INTO A CONTENDER!!
    Posted by morphosis1974

Morph- if PC did nothing, he could defend that.  The fact that he gave up a high-end 2nd rounder to swap Morris for Seidenberg is inexcusable.  You can call it whatever you want, but I say it is a fire-able offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Crowly2424 look, just going to have to agree to disagree...you feel PC is wrong, i feel he did all he could do at this deadline... we werent complaining about Ryder or Wideman last year...and again, WHAT DO YOU THINK those guys would of gotten us in return?? NOTHING!!! done arguing with you Crowly2424, yet another immature Bruins fan who winds up calling people names for no reason.....
    Posted by morphosis1974

Morph- sorry if you think I was out-of-bounds with my comments, I am not trying to create B's-on-B's crime.  I just strenuously disagree (ala Demi Moore)  with you..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: PC & the B's did the right thing... : Morph- if PC did nothing, he could defend that.  The fact that he gave up a high-end 2nd rounder to swap Morris for Seidenberg is inexcusable.  You can call it whatever you want, but I say it is a fire-able offense.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I don't agree. It is PC's fine work that even got us that 2nd rounder from Tampa that we just gave up. That deal ends up being:
    Recchi, Seidenberg and Bartkowski to Boston
    Lashoff, Karsums, Bitz, Weller out of Boston.
    That looks fine by me. Besides even PC said in his presser that they didn't believe Seidenberg would be as good as he turned out this year, either did anyone else, except Florida. He wasn't signed until the season almost started.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

See Morph- bruinsCupiN09 is with you.  I must be the contrarian on this one...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: PC & the B's did the right thing... : I don't agree. It is PC's fine work that even got us that 2nd rounder from Tampa that we just gave up. That deal ends up being: Recchi, Seidenberg and Bartkowski to Boston Lashoff, Karsums, Bitz, Weller out of Boston. That looks fine by me. Besides even PC said in his presser that they didn't believe Seidenberg would be as good as he turned out this year, either did anyone else, except Florida. He wasn't signed until the season almost started.
    Posted by savybergy77

Is your arguement that the GM should "steal" a pick from another team only to "give it back" in another trade?  If so:

- should the Bruins ask the Blackhawks back for Versteeg?
    - should the Bruins ask Ryder to take a lower salary?
    - should the Bruins ask Wideman to take a lower salary?
    - should the Bruins ask Thomas to take a lower salary?

Seems like a weak arguement to me, but I don't drink the PC Kool-Aid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I like siedenberg he throws alot of hits (133) and blocks alot of shots (179) league leading and has a offensive upside.

Why does everyone think Buff, NJ, and ottawa are so good. The B's can beat all of them when they play there game. last night they didnt play there game they let the little Habs walk all around the ice and were not physical at all. usually ifthis team doesnt hit they dont win. by the way nice post Morphosis1974 you seem to understand the situation more than most. You have to give stuff up to get stuff. would we be a better team if we traded Wheeler for Wheeler?? think about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

a 2nd rnd pick and byron bitz for a 4th rnd pick

if you were going to trade a 2nd pick for a 4th at least get rid of ryder and his contract.

seindenberg replacing morris is going to make this team better???

and to thoughs who think he is a good fit for the "system" hockey is skating, hitting and scoring. this team doesnt do any of it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

julien is a top 5 NHL coach?  i understand your desire to look on the brightside of things but i would say your really pushing that.....his defensive system is made to play 500 hockey & with a break or 2 its above that.....thats what you will get in the long run with julien coaching  a 500 hockey team   top 5? when he can take a kids talent & raise it up to where it should be ill put him in the top 12 .....until i stop seeing 12 steve begin,s out there hes not even worthy of a head coaching job....& thats not anything against begin   he is what he is  krecji is not what he should be nor wheeler  nor lucic nor sobotka etc. etc. bergeron is the only kid that has halfway survived his coaching