PC is such an idiot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Re: PC is such an idiot

He was an idiot to give a NMC to a 35+ player...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

PC is an idiot for alot of things...

Bruins won 2 games! Cue the duckboats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

A lesson will be learned in how to bring up a young goalie.

No Carey Price story here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: PC is such an idiot:
    He was an idiot to give a NMC to a 35+ player...
    Posted by TheUsualSofty

Based on what?  Your crystal ball?  This is a statement that you can make later if Thomas doesn't do well.  Right now, I wouldn't say it's bad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

PC has the best goaltending tandem in the NHL and absolutely fleeced the rival Leafs to the tune of young talent and another first round pick next year.  That easily outweighs the bad signings in my opinion (Thomas not being one of them anyhow).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I'd rather have Glen Sather as GM. Now there's a genius.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

In Response to Re: PC is such an idiot : Based on what?  Your crystal ball?  This is a statement that you can make later if Thomas doesn't do well.  Right now, I wouldn't say it's bad.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Based on the fact that Thomas never won a second round of playoffs. When you pay 5 per for a goaltender, you expect him to be a *key* ingredient to a Stanley Cup. The only thing the Bruins got is a goaltender who bubbled a shot from the blueline ( game 7, in OT ) and who always allow the soft goal at the wrong time. Giving an NMC to a 35 years old = no demotion + stuck with the cap hit for all the term ( 35+ rule ). There's no way you can clear his salary nor that you can buy him out. Even if Thomas retire, the Bruins will have to suffer from the cap hit. Talk about an idiotic decision...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

here come the trolls. love your perspective Duinne, Sather is sooo ???? can't find the word. Foot in mouth  PC has recreated the bruins and fan interest. He has the best goalie tandem in the league. I still like Tuuka's stand up style better, but Timmy has done his job. PC has reassembled his forwards and added depth in Providence; he now needs to focus on how to evolve the defense with Chara as the base. Seids, Boychuck, Stuart Ok, but Hunwick and Ference leave a lot to be desired. Right now, Ryder is playing better than last year, and the entire 4th line has been improved by Campbell and Marchand with Thornton fitting in. Lucic/Kreji/Horton looks good; Bergie is playing well and tutoring Caron; maybe Wheeler will improve or be traded;Recchi/Seguin/Ryder Ok as Seguin learns more every game. Where will Sturm play?? and Savvy?? good problem to have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by duinne

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic(I hope so).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Posted by duinne

Sather was AWFUL! He got lucky in Edmonton and thats it!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Can't argue with what PC has done with this team, people who complain about it weren't watching games 3 seasons ago when we were the equivelent of the Maple Leafs in order of winning games.
    The ONLY signing I truely question because i think the others can be justified, is Ference. I actually don't mind Ference, but not at that $$.
    Re-signing the reigning Vezina winner to a large deal is not a big mistake, you would probably be the same person who would complain if PC didn't re-sign him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Some of you may be happy to learn that Thomas will not have a NMC/NTC for the final year of his contract
    Yes, that's right, just in time for Rask's next contract Chiarelli will have the option to trade Thomas to any taker should he choose to.
    I also see nothing in the CBA prohibiting buying out a 35+ contract.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Can't argue with what PC has done with this team, people who complain about it weren't watching games 3 seasons ago when we were the equivelent of the Maple Leafs in order of winning games. The ONLY signing I truely question because i think the others can be justified, is Ference. I actually don't mind Ference, but not at that $$. Re-signing the reigning Vezina winner to a large deal is not a big mistake, you would probably be the same person who would complain if PC didn't re-sign him.
    Posted by BradyBruin

The Maple Leafs are 4-0...

To be the "equivelent of the Maple Leafs in order of winning games" would mean that the Bruins were better then than they are now...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Pc isan idiot, he's made some ridiculous signings , in most hockey town cities , he would have gotten firesd soley on that basis.

He's also a puppet and gave way too much leverage to big dumbo puppy face julien . as if julien was a hall of famer ,

he made what could have been the worse trade i bruins history, yes the kessel trade but he fluked out on a second overall pick. He himself like most felt they would get a 10 overall pick or somewhere in that area.  Pc decided kessel was expendable  because kess did not butt lick like the ryders and the begins, u could still see their lipstick o cj butt.

trading kessel was agreat blow to the fans, i gather that some go watch games just to see fights, the hockey purists want to watch high flying hockey, kessel provided that and pc an his dumb sidekick took that away from us.

i give him credit for the horton trade and ds but too late he's made his damage

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Some of you may be happy to learn that Thomas will not have a NMC/NTC for the final year of his contract .  Yes, that's right, just in time for Rask's next contract Chiarelli will have the option to trade Thomas to any taker should he choose to. I also see nothing in the CBA prohibiting buying out a 35+ contract. Posted by DrCC

This July Thomas only has 8Mil left on his contract that is not an albatross. You're right just in time for Krejci and Rask's extensions just like PC planned it.

Yawn 12Mil this summer to resign Stuart then do whatever else PC wants. Wonder if Stan Bowman wishes Dale Tallon knew you could have this kind of flexibility ? Nah 12.5Mil a year for Huet and Campbell is much better LoL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Pc isan idiot, he's made some ridiculous signings , in most hockey town cities , he would have gotten firesd soley on that basis. He's also a puppet and gave way too much leverage to big dumbo puppy face julien . as if julien was a hall of famer , he made what could have been the worse trade i bruins history, yes the kessel trade but he fluked out on a second overall pick. He himself like most felt they would get a 10 overall pick or somewhere in that area.  Pc decided kessel was expendable  because kess did not butt lick like the ryders and the begins, u could still see their lipstick o cj butt. trading kessel was agreat blow to the fans, i gather that some go watch games just to see fights, the hockey purists want to watch high flying hockey, kessel provided that and pc an his dumb sidekick took that away from us. i give him credit for the horton trade and ds but too late he's made his damage
    Posted by marco1001

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Yeah - cause 4 games tells you a lot about an 82 game season. Heck, Shawn Thorton is on pace for 27 goals too!!
    You get the point - a few seasons ago nobody went to any games, nobody payed attention. We were Florida... there is that better you literal ^&(*!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yeah - cause 4 games tells you a lot about an 82 game season. Heck, Shawn Thorton is on pace for 27 goals too!! You get the point - a few seasons ago nobody went to any games, nobody payed attention. We were Florida... there is that better you literal ^&(*!
    Posted by BradyBruin

4 games ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

this "Marco" is a real doofus, and we all know RMiller is a montreal garbage sweeper, so let's move on to better coments.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Some of you may be happy to learn that Thomas will not have a NMC/NTC for the final year of his contract .  Yes, that's right, just in time for Rask's next contract Chiarelli will have the option to trade Thomas to any taker should he choose to. I also see nothing in the CBA prohibiting buying out a 35+ contract.
    Posted by DrCC

The "35-and-Older" Clause:

·         When a player aged 35 or older signs a multi-year contract, his average salary is counted against the team's salary cap during every year of the contract, even if the player retires before the contract is up.

If the player is sent to the minor leagues, his cap hit is reduced by $100,000

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: PC is such an idiot : I can't tell if you're being sarcastic(I hope so).
    Posted by dezaruchi

http://images.sodahead.com/images/profiles/0/0/0/9/6/7/4/6/8/sarcasmMeter-1266531711.jpeg

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Yes - and neither of those specifically mention buyouts.  Nor does the section on buyouts (50.9(i) if I remember right) specifically mention 35+ contracts.
    And, of course, you can always trade a contract and the cap hit goes away.  It's not like his cap hit would be on the Bruins if he were traded to Detroit (as an example).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You see the trouble is that there are a number of people who give Sather credit for being a good GM.Remember when he was still in Edmonton and crying about the rangers payroll.He claimed he could win the cup every year if he had an unlimited payroll like the Rangers.We've all seen how that's worked out for him(he still spends like the payroll is unlimited).I personally think PC is one of the leagues better GMs but don't say that around here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Yes - and neither of those specifically mention buyouts.  Nor does the section on buyouts (50.9(i) if I remember right) specifically mention 35+ contracts. And, of course, you can always trade a contract and the cap hit goes away.  It's not like his cap hit would be on the Bruins if he were traded to Detroit (as an example).
    Posted by DrCC

Even if the Bruins buy TT out, which they could, the 5 million cap hit would still count against the Bruins cap. Therefore, there would be no purpose in buying a 35+ contract out, so essentially you can't really buy TT out. I think thats what TUS is trying to say

Sections
Shortcuts