PC: Made Offer, But Hossa NOT Interested in Us

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Go to the Bruins web site.  PC says it on his new blog.

Well, he doesn't explicity say "Hossa" but instead "very elite Hossa".

Translation: they made an offer to Hossa but he wasn't interested in coming here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xj9. Show xj9's posts

could he be talking about brian campbell?? maybe???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

Well the words he used were "very elie player", Hossa's name was no where in his message

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

Not saying Hossa isnt an elite player, just not throwing names

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from quirkstre. Show quirkstre's posts

ya i agree it could be campbell just as easily as it could be hossa. i think it was campbell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3639358. Show user_3639358's posts

i agree with you hockeymaniya.... I think Campbell turned us down

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Guys, c'mon. I'm looking at the list of FA's.  there is only ONE very ELITE player on the list.

And I'm sorry, it ain't Brian Campbell.  Do we really need a translation here.  Please some one show me a "very elite" player on that list whose first name is not Marian.

I think we can be investigative reporters here..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

Ok, you can go right ahead and make assumptions, but I'm not

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Hey, I hope to eat my words. HOPE you guys are right.

Brian Campbell is not "very elite" in my opinion. But let's hope PC considers him very elite.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

Campbell was considered "elite" due to the fact that he is an offensive defenseman...that's why

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMB1234. Show JMB1234's posts

I think there are three "very elite" players Hossa, Sundin, and Jagr.. but I think the Bruins are only interested in Hossa because of his age. I agree that Campbell is not a "very elite" player... but he will end up costing just as much as Hossa (about $8 million per yr... maybe a shorter contract though)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

But either way, wouldn't it be best to hear or read it officially?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymaniya. Show hockeymaniya's posts

And speaking of Sundin, tsn.ca is reporting that Vancouver offered him a 2Yr, $20M contract...dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!!

Im in the wrong business..LOLOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

He says that "Elite-Player" did not have them high on the list...which points to Campbell.

Secondly, he also says that he has people trying to convice and market the team and the city to a second player...ummm Hossa?

It's obvious, what other FA out there will you go out of your way to have other members of the organizations trying to lure in?...HELLO! it's MARIAN!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from quirkstre. Show quirkstre's posts

hey i've been hoping for hossa since May and if he decides to go else where thats fine only if we get another godd player like campbell. campbell i feel is a great consulation prize.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Agree with JMB, the Bruins out the gate were only interested in one "very elite" player.  And we all know who that is.  And, no Brian Campbell is NOT a very elite player, and I'd be shocked if the Bruins went after Campbell right out of the gate, BEFORE pursuing Hossa.

Also, when I see "very elite" player--there's only one TODAY on this list. Thats Hossa IMO.  Sundin WAS a very elite player and is now maybe an "elite" player. Jagr??? Elite?  Is this 1990??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from quirkstre. Show quirkstre's posts

[Quote]

He says that "Elite-Player" did not have them high on the list...which points to Campbell.

Secondly, he also says that he has people trying to convice and market the team and the city to a second player...ummm Hossa?

It's obvious, what other FA out there will you go out of your way to have other members of the organizations trying to lure in?...HELLO! it's MARIAN!

[/Quote] i couldn't have said it any better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Anyways, I'm not going to listen to these so-called (Professional) reporters. Im going to listen to what my buddy ex-pro scout has been telling me all day and that is...Hossa is a Bruin.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from quirkstre. Show quirkstre's posts

chiarelli should sign hossa, then sut out the globe article he wrote put it in between two slices of bread and make mr. dupont eat it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]my guess is the bruins do nothing again and then come out and say the same story we tried but the player chose to go somewhere else.its the same story over and over again.[/Quote]

you mean do nothing like 2 years ago when they signed chara and savard?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Well, I'm just hoping that PC thinks Brian Campbell is a very elite player.  Hope you guys are right, but I'm not feelin' it.

I want Marian!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Thanks! quirkstre...nice to know we both have actual brains on these posts! Geesh...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

The Globe and Herald are only reporting what the Bruins (namely PC) are telling them.  PC would be wise to set low expectations. Its always better to surprise. i don't doubt the B's are very serious persuing Hossa, but the GM never knows what crazy offer some one might make,

I wouldn't criticize the papers for basically reporting what the B's are telling them.  Word from several Bruins employees has been "don't get your hopes too high"..

I think its wise caution..thats all.,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Did I tell what was happening or what?

I TOLD you the "very elite" player the Bruins went after right out of the Box was Hossa and that he said not interested.   You guys told me I was wrong, but how much Rocket Science knowledge did you need to realize it could not POSSIBLY be anyone else.

I mean Chiarelli, in early afternoon, told us this on his Blog!  C'mon guys lets get a grip here!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABSURD5. Show HABSURD5's posts

A player who does not want to come to Boston, no matter how elite he may be, I wouldn't want him here either.
    Not even for free.

Sections
Shortcuts