PC needs to trust the rookies in the organization more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: PC needs to trust the rookies in the organization more

In Response to Re: PC needs to trust the rookies in the organization more:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PC needs to trust the rookies in the organization more : I don't get how people don't think just a little before replying. When you have to kill penalties or go on PP of course you have a few players that will get more time than others in the end. When the game is rolling without much pp nor pk (especially playoff  hockey) the lines are evenly played (in CJ system)
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Those TOI times I put up are not including PP the link breaks down both even strength and PP you try reading because I'm not going to show you more evidence when the link clearly brakes down both.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Spooner is not a 4th line player by potential but anyone can start by playing that line in this league. Michael Ryder and Wheeler both were put on the 4th line last year to get in habit to do the little things better to tweak their game. It helps you be better on the boards, play more defense while in any moment in time catch the other team napping for a goal.

If Thornton is gone though it might not be ideal to put a guy like spooner or seguin in his exact spot, you can still put in a guy like Caron and even do some shuffling and put Wheeler alongside Campbell and Paille. That way that opens up a space on other lines

To me i was indifferent to keep Stuart but it was a pretty bad move to keep Ference and Thornton. I would be in heavy favor at this point to cut or use Thornton sparingly (scratched often) so that Caron and Spooner can have a spot to play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I don't feel like bickering with Yaz any longer, but I really don't think that he understands how the 4th line works.  They are a checking line, and the Bruins do NOT roll all four lines evenly, particularly not in the regular season.  No team does.  Further, every NHL roster has at least one guy who would not be on the roster were it not for toughness/fighting.  Every team needs a guy who can do it and Thronton is a pretty good value for that role.

Secondly, if the Bruins have rookies that are truly ready to make the team, they are forwards, not defensemen.  You keep mentioning Ferrence and Stuart as guys who Chiarelli should get rid of, but there are no rookie defensmen ready to fill in for them.  Maybe Mcquaid makes it as the 7th guy, but none of the other D-men rookies are ready to play full time in Boston.

Thirdly, and I thought this had been stated several times already, Ryder cannot be "cut".  He could be sent to Providence, but if injuries strike you then have a re-entry waivers quagmire bringing him back. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Yaz16 has this unproven faith, that any of the rookies from the Baby B's can be used on a 4th line, just because it's the 4th line and according to Yaz, the rookies will play into their game. I really would love for a professional to comment on Yaz's great plan. Thank gawd he's not running the Bruins....Maybe Yaz you would like to help the Habs ?   Go B's Go !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Some of you guys are morons. Do you know what demotion to the 4th line means? Anyone on the bruins team can be put there if they don't play well. It has happened to Ryder , Wheeler etc.

What does being big have to do with playing on that line?  You guys think Whitfield is 6'5 220 pounds?  John Madden is 6'10 260 pounds?

Like i said also if some of you boneheads read, that you can still cut Thornton or limit his time and instead put Wheeler on the 4th line for example so that Spooner and/or Seguin can play on the top three lines (so that they don't necessarily have to play on the 4th line though they could)

Ultimately you can't be serious to keep a guy that cannot produce than insert a guy somewhere in the lineup that can. We are hurting for scoring. Get priorities straight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

That makes no sense Yaz. Taking Seguins and Spooners on the fourth line ? That's the same as taking a thourghbreed horses and go plowing the fields with him. You'll ruin them.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Pbergeron if we had a team full of Jason Spezza's i couldn't agree with you more. Yet the Bruins are a top defensive team for a reason. We have gritty responsible players like Bergeron, Sturm, Wheeler, Lucic and Recchi but we need more talented guys who are in the Datsyuk, Malkin, Kovalchuk mold, that is stone cold point producers.

IF you want to keep the team we had last year or even the year before and hope that we have a chance to raise the cup , you are mistaken. I don't care for another great regular season , just to fail to score enough points to not be able to win a series. You take chances by now to see what guys like Seguin and Spooner can bring in the scoring category. Because we really don't have much choice otherwise (obtainning outside talent)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You can't argue with someone that doesn't think that there are no "roll players" in sports it's just useless. Once the season starts the top three lines TOI will go up and the 4th lines TOI will go down PP time not included.

PS. maybe Paille could try baby powder on his blade ? Nah can't teach hands..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Since yaz is now playing the "everyone is a moron except me" card I think it's time to let it go, but seriously, having Spooner or Seguin play on the 4th line is dumb.

Think about the regular 4th line centers on the Bruins recently -- veterans Metropolit, Yelle, Begin, Campbell.  Do you think that Chiarelli is really stupid, or maybe, just maybe, the strategy is to have 4th line role player there who can check, kill penalties, win faceoffs, etc?  

Since Seguin and Spooner are being groomed as scorers, not defensive role checking players, they would not play there.

The concept of the checking line is employed by practically every team.  I want to see some rookies too, but I have no problem with the way Chiarelli is setting the lines.  It makes perfect sense.