PC SIGN KESSEL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from damgood. Show damgood's posts

PC SIGN KESSEL

Peter if you do not sign Phil the Thrill  there will be very few shootout wins plus 40 to 50 fewer goals plus  how many game tiers or winners !    WORLDS GREATEST BRUINS FAN  DAMGOOD

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cobblerfaceisbackagain. Show cobblerfaceisbackagain's posts

Re: PC SIGN KESSEL

Because he has dragged his feet so long with Kessel PC now has to wait until the Hunwick ruling comes in or if they reach a new deal. Either way he has to know what Hunwick is making because he has handcuffed himself so badly with his management of the cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Actually, the opposite is true:  PC has put off signing Hunwick to buy the team (and Kessel) more time for Kessel to realize that the market for his services isn't what he thought it would be.  When Kessel inevitably settles for whatever that lesser amount is, PC can go ahead and easily get Hunwick re-signed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Listen to Bruins country.

Patience my friends, patience.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jpotrzeba51. Show Jpotrzeba51's posts

In Response to Re: PC SIGN KESSEL:
    Actually, the opposite is true:  PC has put off signing Hunwick to buy the team (and Kessel) more time for Kessel to realize that the market for his services isn't what he thought it would be.  When Kessel inevitably settles for whatever that lesser amount is, PC can go ahead and easily get Hunwick re-signed.
    Posted by BruinsCountry

absolutely right. thus far no team in the nhl has had the motivation to try and sign kessel to an offer sheet because of the draft pick compensation, not necessarily his price tag. however, with that being said, he still has no contract so all logical reasoning leads to the belief that kessel will accept less money than he's asking for and get signed to a deal. unless krejci's recent comments about money not being the most important thing in a deal give phil a kick in the a ss, he'll probably take as much (or as little) as he's offered for a one year deal then scoot next year when he's sure to be out of town because of the inevitable cap reduction and resigning cornerstone players like lucic.

i love phil for the excitement he brings to the game, but all of his recent antics lead me to believe he's just like most other players with slick hands--a money grubbing w hore. in my opinion, we dump him for a solid defenseman with offensive upside and potential that does not immediately demand a big-time paycheck.

in regards to hunwick, he will be back. if not it'll be sad to see, he's a great, young utility player that does everything asked of him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Personally, as much as I love Kessel, I think Hunwick is more important to the team than Kessel is. Yes, Kessel is a great goal scorer, but we have guys who can combine to make up his goals. Our defense is not very deep right now and Hunwick is a good, young, offensively gifted defenseman. We need to get Hunwick signed first. Then see what we can do with Kessel. If we sign Kessel, we will need to trade a winger to give us finacial flexibility in case of injuries.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

Personally, as much as I love Kessel, I think Hunwick is more important to the team than Kessel is. Yes, Kessel is a great goal scorer, but we have guys who can combine to make up his goals. Our defense is not very deep right now and Hunwick is a good, young, offensively gifted defenseman. We need to get Hunwick signed first. Then see what we can do with Kessel. If we sign Kessel, we will need to trade a winger to give us finacial flexibility in case of injuries.
    Posted by lordy4

We better have guys who can combine to make up Kessel's goals because when you subtract his total the bruins fall from 2nd in goals for to 16th based on last season's stats. And the team at number 16 in goals for was Florida. Oh yeah and at number 16 Florida did not make the playoffs. Obviously there are other reasons why Florida did not make the playoffs but just a point to note the importance of goal scoring and important goals and Kessel can do both. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

Because he has dragged his feet so long with Kessel PC now has to wait until the Hunwick ruling comes in or if they reach a new deal. Either way he has to know what Hunwick is making because he has handcuffed himself so badly with his management of the cap.
    Posted by cobblerfaceisbackagain

PC isn't dragging his feet at all with Kessel he"s doing his job. He has come up with a sound strategy and is sticking to it. Instead of signing Kessel to whatever Kessel wanted he did his job and said no.  The two sides were wide apart and PC figured there wouldn't be much interest in the market for Kessel at the money Kessel wanted. So far so good. If this continues Kessel won't have any choice but to lower his demands. Worse case scenario is that some team pops up with an offer the Bruins don't want to match and so they take the draft picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Right on Gilles...PC had a few options here... number one, he could agree to a contract with Kessel early on, risking over paying. Two, he could trade Kessel to address a more urgent need the team had, he tried, didn't quite work out. Three, he could wait, realizing that the if the market value for Kessel was high, he would get more than fair compensation in draft picks, and if it were low, it would significantly drive the price of Kessel down....Kudos PC, you are doing this the way you should.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

In Response to Re: PC SIGN KESSEL : i love phil for the excitement he brings to the game, but all of his recent antics lead me to believe he's just like most other players with slick hands--a money grubbing w hore. in my opinion, we dump him for a solid defenseman with offensive upside and potential that does not immediately demand a big-time paycheck. in regards to hunwick, he will be back. if not it'll be sad to see, he's a great, young utility player that does everything asked of him.
    Posted by Jpotrzeba51

I'm not a big Kessel fan but I fail to see what his "antics" are. He and his agent met with PC and, if what we hear is true, he was offered 3.75M. He and his agent thought that was low and asked for something /> 3.75 but < 5M. They agreed to disagree which is Kessel's right. Krejci decided to take the modest offer and that's great for Bruin fans but it doesn't make Kessel a bad guy. PC should try and negotiate the lowest salary and Kessel should try and negotiate the highest salary. If you add in the fact that Kessel knows the Bruins were willing to trade him at the deadline and then again at the draft what would possibly motivate him to take a lower amount that what he feels he is worth.

I don't think anyone believes PC has any interest in trading Hunwick, who unlike Kessel has arbitration rights, so he will be back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

Right on Gilles...PC had a few options here... number one, he could agree to a contract with Kessel early on, risking over paying. Two, he could trade Kessel to address a more urgent need the team had, he tried, didn't quite work out. Three, he could wait, realizing that the if the market value for Kessel was high, he would get more than fair compensation in draft picks, and if it were low, it would significantly drive the price of Kessel down....Kudos PC, you are doing this the way you should.
    Posted by dkrejci46

Exactly. And if there is a deal to be made for a d-man then he can still use some or all of the draft picks in that deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

PC on NESN this am...Kessel will stay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Our Bruins don't have one reliable scorer to count on every game. That's the reality of it.

You can put a team of  ten 20-goal scorers on the ice all season long and still not have the wins needed to finish first.

No team is going to get within sniffing range of the stanley cup without a pair of reliable snipers who know how to put those beautiful passes in the net. Reliably.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PC on NESN this am...Kessel will stay.
    Posted by croc

Has it happened or what time is he on, nothing on the website.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

FP - guys who can make-up for his goals - You have Sturm and Recchi. You need that sniper or two who can score vs. balanced scoring of 20+ goal scorers spread over 3 lines? Ask Ottawa how getting top heavy with a couple snipers worked out for them. The B's right now have a couple guys who can/ will get over 30 and 6-7 who will have 20+. Nobody in the NHL can say that. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

a deal will get done most likely

Sections
Shortcuts