PC WAITS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

PC WAITS

This team has not won at home in whole month of January, their compete level is very low and most teams are marking the Bruins down as a given 2 pts. We have no legit first line and a power play that can't be anymore powerless and are very easy to play against. What is PC waiting for, the wheels have fallen off and we have slipped out of playoff contention. The Bruins are in last in goals for and all of we fans have known for months we needed a scorer but PC waits, he is accessing. While he does another goes by and the Bruins free fall. Burke isn't waiting and just improved the leafs out of the top 5 picks so there goes your chip, but I hear Kessel is on the block. While the Bruins are on their way to setting a record for loses we might as well get that top 5 pick for our selves and garrentee it. I love my team but PC you are blowing it for all of us. DO SOMETHING.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezeruchi. Show dezeruchi's posts

Re: PC WAITS

PC just did an interview this afternoon and he said he is still evaluating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

They just traded their offense, over 100 points, to Calgary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Burke is just trying to rack up as many draft picks as possible.  He could care less about the names: he's already said he will send many (if not all) of the players he's acquired to the AHL, so the Leafs will still be under the cap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Trade completely useless. Neither team will have improved. I understand why P.C. doesn`t move.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

TTG, what draft picks is Burke stockpiling?!?

Leafs didn't get better in this trade. Maybe defensively by pulling in an over-the-hill goalie and a defenseman who is fading quickly, but gave up most of their scoring to get them. These two moves will not have any major affect in how they finish this season.

And of COURSE PC isn't making a trade yet. They just had their first game with most of their starters in the lineup since the beginning of the season. And the B's are looking a lot better, once Savard and the other injured shake off their rust they will start winning again. The Olympic break can't come soon enough!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chiarelli to me will be under the micro-scope from now till draft day. Then we will know how good all around GM he really is and not only for crunching numbers.

To get a passing grade he needs to accomplish these three .
    - Improve this season's roster from now till trade deadline. (and I don't mean getting Kovalchuk)
    - Have a good draft to replace and make worthwhile of Kessel trade
    - sign what you want to keep and shed some salary you don't want.

Without looking at trades he did or didn't do upto now for his services as GM I give him a B- .
    After the draft we'll know if he should remain as the Bruins GM or time to change eventually.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

People want to trash PC without recognizing that he has done a good job stockpiling picks and prospects.As he said earlier this season the Bruins are in the enviable position of having more prospects than available positions(Marchand,Hamill,Caron,Alexandrov,Cross,Lehtonen,Colborne,etc.+5 picks in first 2 rounds this year).Left to be seen what he does with these bargaining chips but he certainly has given himself some options.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I dont want a GM who is going to trade just to trade, nor do I want a GM who is too scared of downside risk, and therefore refuses to make trades.

I want a GM who scowers the market, and only makes trades when the value is right and the player fits a need on the Bruins.  I also want our GM to factor if the player can succeed in our system and future salary cap implications into his decision of whether or not to pull the trigger.

The Montague trade didnt work out in hind-sight, but the B's were cup-competitive (making it okay to trade prospects and picks for veterans) and needed some defensive depth. Also the price was right.

With Recchi, we were cup competitve, had a need, and didnt give up too much.

It appears to me that PC is taking all variables into account when deciding whether or not to trade.  THat's all I ask.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Of course Chiarelli is waiting. Only bad GM's make  desperate moves out of a reaction to other deals. Toronto's deal is one that won't help them out greatly now, but has the potential to be a home run later. People talk about the players they traded like Burke was swindled. A decent 2nd line player who was going to run them $3-4 million in the offseason, one on the hook for $3 a year for two more years, a thug and a defenseman who's hitting his peak this season. He got rid of players that cost him money now and who were going to cost him more later, and he takes on a big salary in Phaneuf but the upside (which is easily attainable given Phaneuf's previous performance) is a franchise defenseman.
    As for if Phaneuf was like a son to Sutter, which Sutter are you referring to? The GM who traded him or the coach who ruined the team this season. Coach Sutter is the reason why this team doesn't look like a cup contender after they added Boumeester after a very successul regular season last year.

Calgary had their own designs for trading him, maybe they know something we don't know or maybe they just operated out of desperation. But the jury is out on whether they made out in clearing Phaneuf's salary or maybe they just made the biggest franchise mistake they'll make for a while.
    We've seen these kinds of moves made, why rush Chiarelli into one that could hurt us for a while? He knows better than that and we all (the non bandwagon fans) should as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

When your team is not playing up to expectations or your best players are not your best players and you have lost 10 straight games, have not won a game at home in a month, you are last in scoring in the NHL, you have no 1st line , the power play stinks and you are out of playoff contention, do you not get the picture that this team is toast without a scorer. Don"t you understand that most of the players on this team are easily replaced through trade or draft. If you can get Kovy with some roaster players and some picks, even for awhile it shows you are trying to win and fans can appreciate that and you will be a hero for trying, but to sit back with these pay grabbers and hope to win is not acceptable. Nice guys finish last and that's where we are headed this team needs a jump start and teams like the Flames and have showin you how to do it , so do it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Chiarelli has said before that he wants to wait for the team to be healthy before he makes any moves. I'm with you schmoe . Now we have everybody back (minus Ferrence) let them have some games together and see how they play. Then if we keep playing the way we've been playing we can make a move by the deadline. If you look at past years most deals are made at the deadline so most of the players on the block will still be there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Brunod, noone is implying that we couldnt benefit from some offensive help.  People are just saying that no move is better than a bad move, and as a result we shouldnt rush into anything. 

Because of the very low salary ceiling in the NHL, you have to be VERY careful when trading.  Talent transition is not the only variable here.  You also have to factor in if the team is built to win now (if not, its probably not a good idea to trade prospects and picks for aging vets), financial complications, as well as a slew of other variables (even marketing, as you suggest).

I agree that there is something to be said for an ownership group that tries to make the playoffs every year (its great for marketing implications); however, marketing/fan appeasement is only one variable.  Future salary cap flexibility, incoming talent, outgoing talent, and stage of team (built to win now vs inrebuilding mode) are also very important.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As stated in another thread I'd also rather have PC make no move than make a stupid one

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Burke is changing the face of his team since he came. He has a whole new defence and added to its size and grit with aquisition of Phan. White was the only worthwhile D that Cal would respect in return and Burke was not willing to pay him money he would be asking for.

He has dumped salary and forwards that are not worth their weight.
    Blake scored 40 goals in NYI, signs big contract with TO 20M for 5 years and has scored only 50 in the last 3 years.
    Hagman  signs 12M 4yr contract but has not improved his stats, has scored 22 last and 20 this year but is a houdini with disappearing acts especially in physical games.
    Mayers is a tough guy unhappy with mins and publicly asking for a trade so you know why he is gone and Exelby will be as well if Burke can find someone willing to take him (Cal was not).
    Stajan 1.75M was not a horrible salary but if he was expecting a raise, Burke was going to probably lose him to free agency anyways.
    Stahlberg is a surprise, he looked like he might have an upswing on the offence but would be looking for a raise as well even though a RFA.

In reviewing the trade Burke has cleared himself of unwanted salary negotiations and players he basically didn't want for a goalie he knows can be a trainer for Gustav (not unlike TT and Rask) and has won with him before and one of the top bonecrushers in the league with an upside offensively.

Burke looks like the clear winner as things go for the leafs, the others can be winners as well but Burke don't care how the rubbish he got rid of fares.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Yea brunod a deal for Kovalchuk would show that they're trying to win. But when Kovalchuk walks and you lose out on some very valuable pieces then you come out with egg on your face and your position is greatly weakened. I hate to say it but I think this season is done, the only way we turn it around to really make some noise would be a Kovalchuk type deal.
    We could make the playoffs with a Whitney or Kariya type trade, but is it really worth it to get the 8th seed and get beaten down in 4 games by somebody like Washington or New Jersey?
    Wouldn't you rather see them pick up some excellent picks come draft time and possibly have a kid like Tyler Seguin crack the lineup out of training camp and have a Duchene like impact on the team. Losing now helps nearly guarantee long term success. Even if we don't get Seguin and Fowler (which is the direction we're aiming for right now), we can still get some very good prospects, whether it's a stud defenseman with our pick or a top flight talent like Kirill Kabanov orVladimir Tarasenko ( the latter wants to come over to play in the NHL, Kabanov has already spurned Russia in coming over here before the draft).
    We have a chance to make some big noise with these picks, no matter where we choose in the first or second round (though the higher we choose the better we look). I wouldn't mind taking our pick if it's in the top 5-10 and pulling an Islanders move (in 2008 the Islanders traded down from the 5 spot to the 7th, and from the 7th to the 9th, and picked up two second rounders and two third rounders from the deals). If the player we want won't be drafted at the Bruins' pick I say we give it a shot, maybe if we can get more picks we can take some 2nd and 3rd rounders and move back into the latter half of the first round for 3 first round picks. For me a first round where we land Seguin, Gudbranson and Jeff Skinner (or Riley Sheahan) is a dynasty like draft. Skinner is leading the entire Canadian Hockey league in scoring and is strong on his feet (he's 5'10 but weighs 195 pounds). Sheahan has been described as Jeff Carter by some scouts.

Don't look at missing the playoffs this year as ruining the dynasty or that Chiarellis is ruining the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

If Burke had reigns who would be gone...

Ryder 4M 12G
    Wideman 3.9M -13
    Wheeler 12G RFA and has not been signed will be looking for a raise.
    Sturm 3.5M 16G and has never scored 30, NTC or Not
    Ference 1.4m -UFA
    Stuart 1.3M - UFA might be kept because he would like his toughness

These would be the main players Burke would address as underacheivers and not worth his arrogant time to bother with. That is 17M he would discard and Kov would be here with some players and prospects to fit his mold. Kov would be signed, d would be replaced and he would have one heck of a nucleus to chase down Stanley.

Myself I don't want to lose some of these players because we seen how well they could play last year, but that was last year and hockey is a what have you done for me lately deal.  It is time to quit evaluating and get er done. We have the centres, we have the Goalies, we have solid D, now bring in the rest of the Offence.

Luc              Sav     Kov
    Pail              Berg    Rec
    Sob/March    Krej     Satan
    Thorn           Begin   Bitz

Another forward could be added with Kov to play with Kr & Sat, Sturm might have to be kept, he would go back with Berg and Rec, if fwd picked up he would go with Krej and Pail would move to 4th with Beg and Bitz and used for PK.

Chara  Morris
    Stuart Boych
    Hunw  McQuaid

another D could be added preferably scoring punch, Phan would have been nice.

I've moved a ton of salary and our team is stronger with scoring punch and we havn't added everything back and have cleared salary, it can be done just look at what Burke just cleared.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

did any1 seriously think we would contend for the top spot in the east we lost our best goal scorer in kessel and 2 of the best defensive forward in Axelson and Yelle so relax and be happy we are gonna have a top 3 pick and WE ARE NOT getting Kolvalchuk maybe a minor player but PC is rebuilding for next year if you guys dont see that then you are all seriously ignorant to the game of hockey

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

pj and yelle would have reaaaallllyyyy filled the net for us. I guess their minus playing last year on a career plus team would have been pluses and we would be winning every game 1-0.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Don't like that lineup at all . Added Kovy which is nice but filled in the open spots with players who couldn't get in the lineup on Saturday or from Providence. I respect what you are trying to do but that lineup looks pretty weak lines 2-4.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I realize the lines are weaker compared to last year but they obviously can't be any weaker than they are this year. We would have some leftover money to pick up a player to add to Krej line as someone would be coming back in salary dumps or Sturm would be moved there if not moveable. Sturm and Satan on 3rd line would be better than them on the 1st I would presume. Would like a player with Berg and move back Pail to 4th, but this would be a great start to next year as hopefully the draft can add a roster player and maybe Colb, Caron, Sauve or March with a year under their belt can improve our stagnant offence.

Just the addition of Kov esp to PP would be an increase to O.

The movement of Blake should show that anyone can be moved no matter the salary and Ryder is a far better player than Blake, as is Wideman.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

I blame the "SYSTEM".  Enough enf on defenseive thinking, that's not going to win games and this admin just proved that!  Enough crying over PJ as he was one of the worst players on the team last year (no hnads, no checking, no heart, and the worst +/- on the team). 

I would take my chances with Kolvy walking and would give up a Tukka, Berg, or a Looch for him.  Hey I love those guys but I don't like status quo!  Do nothing now, sign your AHL draft pics for next season, and we will still be in the same spot as we are now.  If we do get Kolvy and he walks then PC will have some cap space to play with, no big deal, we'll see a couple of exciting months of hockey for a change, and it will keep Toronto from finishing ahead of us!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

The Bruins will make a change, and a significant one at that, between now and March 3, if we don't improve dramatically, that I would bet the rent on. And the chances of the team improving dramatically in the next 7 or 8 games WITHOUT a major trade? How do you like ZERO. I know I know, we got Savard, Bitz, Begin, Sturm, etc back, but let's be honest, the team stunk before. We had serious problems even before people got injured. I personally think dumping CJ would also bring a major improvement, but I don't expect that to happen. I predict that the scoring drought and losing will continue, followed by a couple of major trades between now and March 3. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

bogsk8r are you an Atlanta fan? I have to ask because no Bruins fan with an ounce of intelligence would want to give up two top 6 forwards and a future No.1 goaltender for an unrestricted free agent ready to walk.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

joeschmo25 I completely agree.  Skinners ranked like 40th or something.  That, again, confirms the depth of the pool.

I think the Bruins should trade up, though.  Trade 2 of those 2nd rounders and get 3 picks in the top 20.  That would be absolute robbery.  So, even if PC stays home at the trade deadline, we get some players that are already better than the players we already have in our system (Marchand and Caron).  I'm not a big fan of Caron.  He can't shoot the puck, looks like a typical grinder and doesn't show any kind of offensive prowess.  He looks like a prototypical Bruins player..  Seem's like the Bruins like these kinds of players and its really kind of annoying.

We need SPEED and SKILL in the minors not grinders and untalented grit players.  So, FFS Peter, draft players with a complete skill set who have some grit, not grit players who have some skill.

A few that come to mind are Skinner, Spooner, Etem, Kabanov (this kid likes to hit dispite his size), Galiev, Toffoli, McFarland, Neiderreitter.  All skilled players who can shoot the puck and use their body well.

Lets go Pete, I know you can do it!

Sections
Shortcuts