People are negative or whiny after a WIN? OMG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

People are negative or whiny after a WIN? OMG

Just follow another team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: People are negative or whiny after a WIN? OMG

I think that you will find that most of the negative threads were started during the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Two things to remember:

1. Some people are never happy unless they're miserable.

2. People will believe what they want to believe.

Enjoy the good times, and let the Fellowship enjoy their Misery, even if they have to search furiously for it. It's all they have.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I was critical on Chara tonite.  I just want so much out of him .  He kind of was to blame lately on some timely goals (3rd goal tonite) .
    Let's be fair,  he did make a great diving poke check on Alfredsson as he almost went in alone and maybe saved a goal.
    Another positive note ,  Ference had a good game tonite.  The icing on the cake was that "in your face hit " on Kovalev (for you fzappa) . Kovy don't try and dipsy doodle like that with your head down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

In Response to Re: People are negative or whiny after a WIN? OMG:
    [QUOTE]I was critical on Chara tonite.  I just want so much out of him .  He kind of was to blame lately on some timely goals (3rd goal tonite) . Let's be fair,  he did make a great diving poke check on Alfredsson as he almost went in alone and maybe saved a goal. Another positive note ,  Ference had a good game tonite.  The icing on the cake was that "in your face hit " on Kovalev (for you fzappa) . Kovy don't try and dipsy doodle like that with your head down.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Ference had a good game tonight????

Or Ference made 1 good play tonight? HUGE difference

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

Chara has NOT looked like a guy who won the Norris trophy last year, he looks like he did his first year in Boston. Wonder is he doesn't feel comfortable playing with Morris. I miss Ward but Morris looked good tonight, thats the first time i can honeslty say that this season. Good thing the season is young, hopefully they can build some chemistry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from njm800. Show njm800's posts

haven't read any posts so far - the b's D looked terrible tonight.  why all the reverses and D to D behind the net passes?  once they get the puck, they stop and dont move their feet.  thus leading to absolutely no flow through neutral zone allllllllll night.  god it was ugly that defense beatin up the puck all night.  wideman is strugggggs.  chara looked 3 xanax and 5 beers deep, ference might have played well....for him, hunwick i think played a good game as in improving nightly and gaining confidence.  Mark stuart is just the sh%t, i never notice him which is great. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

i notice stuart a lot, he's not that great...but the defense can be blamed for crappy play within its zone, but where the heck was the forwards for most of this game. they again just sit back and wait for ottawa to come up and down the lanes...amazing performance by thomas, and a great comeback...but for 58 minutes, sloppy play and terrible back-checking by the forwards, and virtually no fore checking. Interestingly, they did a better job in the OT to poke check and press the zone, and yet still ottawa got some pot shots off...thomas victory, in every sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pentaxian82. Show Pentaxian82's posts

In Response to People are negative or whiny after a WIN? OMG:
    [QUOTE]Just follow another team.
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound[/QUOTE]

You've obviously missed the boat on the negativity issue... people are glad the Bruins have won the games they have.  The problem stems from the fact that this team is supposed to be among the creme de la creme within the NHL and they certainly are not living up to that standard. 

And in actuality... whether you want to believe it or not, there is such a thing as a good win and a bad win.  And tonight versus the senators was a bad win.  The bruins have played every game this season as if it was an uphill battle (with the exception of Dallas) fighting it's way back in down goals.  And how many shorthanded goals are the bruins going to give up this season?  Seriously... it gets frustrating to watch because we all know they are a better team than their performance on the ice displays.  Yes this isn't the same team as last year... plagued by injury and player sacrifices for cap space but the lack of defense cannot be attributed to those losses.  Their are certain players who are the back bone of this team and they have not taken the reins.  

Sure you can celebrate the 2 points... but what good are two points when 99% of the time a team won't score two goals to tie a game with 2 mins left on the clock.  You really need to look at the big picture.  This team may squeak in wins but the overall play is not good.  This team is in serious trouble.  I have a feeling the Devils on Thursday will show you how bad off they really are. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

A bad win? Yes. A bad win without two KEY players on the ice and one lucky deflection off Bergeron's skate.

Look, I don't want to give you the ol' "did you watch the game" bit, but seriously. Ottawa played really well and the Bs are learning to play on one leg without Savvy & Looch. This is good. It means the team will be less dependent on their 2 stars when they return.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

First of all, a shootout win isn't really a win just like a shootout loss isn't really a loss. Sure it looks like a W in the standings and counts the same as a regular win but it's not because nowhere in the annals of NHL history where a team won the Stanley Cup by trying to perserve the status quo by not pressing and then winning the game in a shootout, which is exactly what Boston did last night. Luckily they got 2 quick goals late in the 3rd otherwise this would have the look of a big fat L, which is what they really deserved based on the way they played.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

njm800 - you're right on the money. I was at the game last night and the D to D reverses were going on all night. Last year we would be breaking out of the zone or at least getting it off the glass and out. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with the win but this team is a shadow of last year's team. And for all you Thomas haters out there, he was brilliant last night and th only reason we had a shot at any points.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

I don't think the Bruins are as bad as all the Chicken Little "the sky is falling" people think they are.  They are dealing with the loss of 2 top forwards and using new line combos as well.  Plus Krejci is still getting his game back and Sturm has not played in a year

Sure there are problems with the D, special teams and Chara had not looked great so far.  But if you remember they stunk after 10 games last year too.

Right now I'm happy with any points they can pick up and will take the 2 regardless of how they got them.  I'd rather grab 2 points this way than to control the game for 58 minutes only to pi$$ it away in the final 2 like the Sens did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bruins have 19 games w savy looch between lst week an dec 1 they now are 2-0-1 in 1st 3 against 2 good teams....bs will hang tough and when looc svay return they will take off 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

Take the blinders off people, despite a miracle win this team is in some serious trouble here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

If this team could bottle the energy this team had in the last 90 seconds and they could put it to use for a whole game the Bruins would be very hard to beat . But to be seriuos the Bruins have got 5 of 6 points and players like Bergie, Krecji and Ricchi are starting to play well and yes it isn't pretty but it is effective. I did not like all the behind the net passes but I think they did it because we were out of positon and they did not want to give the puck away, at least we had posessition and didn't give it up. We have to find ways to win with all the injuries and we did , like it or not this is how it will be until Savy and Looch come back and we will still be in the hunt because we worked hard for it. Give the BOYS credit, they didn't quit. GO BRUINS and keep up the good work.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

Next 3 weeks: Bold = home games

Devils

Oilers

Rangers

Red Wings

Habs

Sabres

Penguins

Panthers

Penguins

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Take the blinders off people, despite a miracle win this team is in some serious trouble here
    Posted by Gardensupportor[/QUOTE]

A "miracle win" doesn't fall from the sky. It's something you work for. The Bruins worked hard and earned the win.

I don't get the "serious trouble" line. Just how do you figure that? Do you believe they can't keep their heads above water with the loss of Savard and Lucic? They've done pretty well so far - two wins and an OT loss. It's a great chance for the youngsters to get some NHL experience and show us what they've got, and so far I like what I've seen. Paille is twice the player Kobasew was at half the cost. And Thomas and Rask are stepping up.

The Bruins have a lot of talent. What they need to do is play consistently well, and they're certainly capable of that. There's nothing "wrong" with this team that isn't fixable. It's not even November yet, for heaven's sake. The Red Wings are bumping along at .500, in case nobody's noticed; the Sharks are below .500. Are they "in serious trouble" as well?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] exactly what Boston did last night. Luckily they got 2 quick goals late in the 3rd otherwise this would have the look of a big fat L, which is what they really deserved based on the way they played. Posted by eddy75[/QUOTE]

The Bruins worked hard and deserved what happened in the end because they did not give up nor give in. There doing as well as they can right now with what they have.

Yes the Bs are sloppy, yes they frustrate me and allot of Bruins fans, yes Wideman and Chara look terrible but that outcome was not Luck! Shoulda woulda coulda does not translate in the world of sports!

Complaint department will always be open no matter what the bruins do!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Anyone look at the standings ? not nearly as bleak as quite a few on this forum would have you believe.Did anyone here think we were going to sneak up on teams like last season.This is partly why the Rangers &Colorado have jumped out of the gate so fast.Last year everything went our way especially early on.Lets not forget how poorly Ottawa& Buffalo played.Bruins finished 20 pnts up on Montreal.There is know way these teams would be that bad two years in a row.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to People are negative or whiny after a WIN? OMG : You've obviously missed the boat on the negativity issue... people are glad the Bruins have won the games they have.  The problem stems from the fact that this team is supposed to be among the creme de la creme within the NHL and they certainly are not living up to that standard.  And in actuality... whether you want to believe it or not, there is such a thing as a good win and a bad win.  And tonight versus the senators was a bad win.  The bruins have played every game this season as if it was an uphill battle (with the exception of Dallas) fighting it's way back in down goals.  And how many shorthanded goals are the bruins going to give up this season?  Seriously... it gets frustrating to watch because we all know they are a better team than their performance on the ice displays.  Yes this isn't the same team as last year... plagued by injury and player sacrifices for cap space but the lack of defense cannot be attributed to those losses.  Their are certain players who are the back bone of this team and they have not taken the reins.   Sure you can celebrate the 2 points... but what good are two points when 99% of the time a team won't score two goals to tie a game with 2 mins left on the clock.  You really need to look at the big picture.  This team may squeak in wins but the overall play is not good.  This team is in serious trouble.  I have a feeling the Devils on Thursday will show you how bad off they really are. 
    Posted by Pentaxian82[/QUOTE]

The big picture comes into play a little deeper into the season I think. It's way to early to be excited or depressed (ok, unless your team is the Leafs....). The Bruins are coming around slowly, and winning when you have key guys out of the line up is a good sign. Not giving up when down is another great sign....

Can they play better hockey? Absolutely! I believe they have the talent they need to compete with the best of them.....and with a little help at trade deadline time, could go deeper this year in the playoffs.  

22. This post has been removed.