Perspective from other fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Perspective from other fans

I work with Caps fans, Flyers fans and Pittsburgh fans. After all the razzing on this fiasco I asked their thoughts.
    Chara: Some think he is passive and slow. They could not understand the big deal made over him.
    Krejci: Very good and tough to overcome the loss of him in game 3.
    Savard: No show of anything but penalties unlike Gagne's return.
    Rask: Many thought he looked average in the Philly series to their surprise.
    They all felt Laviolette out coached Julien in game 7.
    I told them the B's had no answer for Richards Briere Gagne and they saw the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Perspective from other fans

Chara was overworked in my estimation.  The defense corp was depleted.

Krejci was awesome.  Savard was recovering from a concussion, not an easy task.

Rask, the defense was not as tough on Philly.  Worn down primarily. A healthy Stuat and Seidenberg would have been very effective in the second round.  

Laviolette has a more offensive team with a defense rallied around Pronger.  Pronger basically was the reason for the Philly win.  Richards' intensity was not matched by Boston.  Maybe Lucic in game 7.  Briere is burning up the goal net even against Montreal.  Power plays are key to winning... Krejci was immense in that area in the playoffs.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

//Savard: No show of anything but penalties unlike Gagne's return/

Savard was coming back from a head injury. Anything we got from Marc was a good thing. Gagne a toe injury much different.

Rask started to look average because the Bruins lost tons of puck possession with the loss of Krejci and defensive breakdowns because of Philly's forecheck got better as the series went on.

I agree with Isla Chara looked worn out at the end of that series too many minutes because McQuaid, Stuart and Siedenberg were not logging allot of ice time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Plus I wouldn't call an OT game winner in his return nothing...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Perspective from other fans:
    I work with Caps fans, Flyers fans and Pittsburgh fans. After all the razzing on this fiasco I asked their thoughts. Chara: Some think he is passive and slow. They could not understand the big deal made over him. Krejci: Very good and tough to overcome the loss of him in game 3. Savard: No show of anything but penalties unlike Gagne's return. Rask: Many thought he looked average in the Philly series to their surprise. They all felt Laviolette out coached Julien in game 7. I told them the B's had no answer for Richards Briere Gagne and they saw the same.
    Posted by jwb413

Think we're all a little too emotionally connected, to really pick this thing apart.  If 10 logical posters on these boards were to break down the Caps and Pens demise, I'd bet this group would be more rational.
    Personally, I have a hard time buying the injury thing.  The team was basically flat right out of the gate.  The team I saw from mid March-the Philly series was the team I expected to see all year.  This was accomplished dealing with serious injury(Savard, Seids etc).   
    I agree with PC.  Too wild a swing between the ups and downs.  Don't think you can blame that on injury or talent.  Still maintain Philly should have been more winnable than Buffalo.  The Bruins seemed to fall into that same "full retreat mode" starting in game 1 of the conf semi's....a carbon copy of their worst moments during the regular season.  You can't blame injury on irresponsible undisciplined penalties, and even without DK and MS, the Bruins still managed stretches of territorial dominance, albeit with less regularity than the flyers as the series wore on.  Thats all about determination, not talent, and the outcome as it played out, is inexcusable.  Not sure it isn't a little about strategy either.
    As tough a pill as this is to swallow though,... record books or not, the Pens and Washington were much bigger disappointments.  The home team was supposed to wilt in series one.
    Gonna be interesting to see how the organization responds. Hopefully, the urge to dynamite this team will subside.  I'm of the belief that some tinkering of player personel, organizational on ice strategy, and the demand of more accountability will go a long way.  I'm not counting on Hall\Seguin to be the ticket to the promised land next year, but I fully expect this organization to have a more consistent season, and a better playoff run. 
    If that doesn't happen, the hour glass is empty.  Time for a full blown rebuild.  Top to bottom.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I work with Caps fans, Flyers fans and Pittsburgh fans. After all the razzing on this fiasco I asked their thoughts. Chara: Some think he is passive and slow. They could not understand the big deal made over him. Krejci: Very good and tough to overcome the loss of him in game 3. Savard: No show of anything but penalties unlike Gagne's return. Rask: Many thought he looked average in the Philly series to their surprise. They all felt Laviolette out coached Julien in game 7. I told them the B's had no answer for Richards Briere Gagne and they saw the same.
    Posted by jwb413

Really ?  did he coach the Flyer players to shoot off Bruin defense and deflect to score goals (1st and 3rd goal) ?
    Flyers got lucky in game7, Bruins lost the series in game5.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aspirido. Show aspirido's posts

In Response to Re: Perspective from other fans:
    In Response to Perspective from other fans : Really ?  did he coach the Flyer players to shoot off Bruin defense and deflect to score goals (1st and 3rd goal) ? Flyers got lucky in game7, Bruins lost the series in game5.
    Posted by BsLegion

Still, more flexibility from CJ would be welcome. As soon his schema doesn't work his is too stubborn to make changes. Paille at the first line is the perfect example of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aspirido. Show aspirido's posts

Posted by jwb413

Compare the second grade concussion and toe injury isn't the best way to judge the perfomance. What did you expect from Savard? Remember how long it took for Patrice to return to his old self, of course, he had even worse case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Posted by jwb413

Wow, you really work with a bunch of re-tards, comparing a toe injury with a brain injury. Don't suppose you work at Wal-Mart? McDonalds? Tell your coworkers I said they're stupid. Thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

You guys can't handle the truth. If I did work at Mickey D's would that matter? Oh that's right you're too good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

You guys can't handle the truth. If I did work at Mickey D's would that matter? Oh that's right you're too good.
    Posted by jwb413

You're right, I'm sorry, I was out of line. Just having fun. Cheers, mate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Perspective from other fans : Really ?  did he coach the Flyer players to shoot off Bruin defense and deflect to score goals (1st and 3rd goal) ? Flyers got lucky in game7, Bruins lost the series in game5.
    Posted by BsLegion

He got the Flyers to believe. Way more than CJ ever did. If you dispute that you need help.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

//Savard: No show of anything but penalties unlike Gagne's return/ Savard was coming back from a head injury. Anything we got from Marc was a good thing. Gagne a toe injury much different. Rask started to look average because the Bruins lost tons of puck possession with the loss of Krejci and defensive breakdowns because of Philly's forecheck got better as the series went on. I agree with Isla Chara looked worn out at the end of that series too many minutes because McQuaid, Stuart and Siedenberg were not logging allot of ice time.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I understand why Marc Savard is getting a pass regarding his play since he was coming back from injury. That is understandable.

However, your comment in the bolded. How can you say his penalties were a good thing? He took lazy, dumb penalties & it cost the Bruins. He deserves to be held accountable for that. Savard showed terrible leadership in that series & did not hold himself accountable for the too many men on the ice gaffe in game 7. I really believe this guy is in the organizations doghouse right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Perspective from other fans : Compare the second grade concussion and toe injury isn't the best way to judge the perfomance. What did you expect from Savard? Remember how long it took for Patrice to return to his old self, of course, he had even worse case.
    Posted by aspirido

I didn't expect the terrible, lazy & selfish penalties we got. I give him a pass for his play because of the concussion but I can't let him off the hook for the penalties.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Perspective from other fans : I understand why Marc Savard is getting a pass regarding his play since he was coming back from injury. That is understandable. However, your comment in the bolded. How can you say his penalties were a good thing? He took lazy, dumb penalties & it cost the Bruins. He deserves to be held accountable for that. Savard showed terrible leadership in that series & did not hold himself accountable for the too many men on the ice gaffe in game 7. I really believe this guy is in the organizations doghouse right now.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Well you could look at it another way the talent that was left after the Krejci and Sturm injuries. Whitfield, Marchand or Hamill instead of Savard ? Wasn't going to happen Marc is all the Bs had left.

PC is not going to trade a playmaker that he just gave an extension too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Perspective from other fans : Well you could look at it another way the talent that was left after the Krejci and Sturm injuries. Whitfield, Marchand or Hamill instead of Savard ? Wasn't going to happen Marc is all the Bs had left. PC is not going to trade a playmaker that he just gave an extension too.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

What about the terrible penalties though? Do you not think that was a lack of discipline & leadership on Savard's part? This is a team that needs accountability & leadership going forward. Savard is a huge part of this team but his selfishness in that series was very noticeable & that is why I question if he should be a part of this going forward.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Perspective from other fans : What about the terrible penalties though? Do you not think that was a lack of discipline & leadership on Savard's part? This is a team that needs accountability & leadership going forward. Savard is a huge part of this team but his selfishness in that series was very noticeable & that is why I question if he should be a part of this going forward. Posted by Newfiebullet

Not selfish but me thinks Savard was trying too hard because his mindset was he must do more with the injuries overcompensation can be wrong. I also have to think that Savard has/had to be frustrated that he had no wingers that could score.

Once again he tried to do too much which led to frustration penalties.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Cj still can't get past his system, he was def outcoached.

He should die by his system as it has lost 2 game 7's. Last year pj on top line this year Pail. Pail does have unbelievable speed, but he should be left on the 4th and PK only. You are having trouble scoring you bring out the best player available, and that is not Whit, march had a better plus minus and scoring touch in Prov, he earned the callup, playing 4th line 1 shift in last game was just a waste of time, they were not going to score, they will be lucky to score next year.

Next year will be a return of last years form as all will be back from injury except Sturm. A line of Luc Seg and Sav,           Colborne, Berg and Recch,
    Wheel Krej and Ryd add a 4th line of Pail,Sob and Caron/March and we will be better just by being healthy. 

Luc will be better, Sav should be better and Seg will add hopefully at a better pace than Tavares.

Berg is stuck with Rech who is a clutch player but his game is not what it was and takes him longer to get going, Colb will add to speed and size what, Cj was trying to do with Wheel and like Seg will give the line some scoring.

Wheel and Ryd will be better as they will not expect to be the top line as they were all of this year due to injuries and Krej will bring their game higher than it has been in past, super year for this trio.

4th line leave Thorn in press box keep him for teams you hate and let him come fight and take suspensions like he is meant to do, keep Pail for PK and speed, Sob has earned his stripes but he has to produce even on 4th or let him go. March is high energy but Caron as the banger might be the guy we are looking for.

Sturm come back he would prob move Colb unless magic is there and Colb with Caron and Sob would be nice, at least they will score, more than this years 4th.

Sauve Riendeau and our 2nd first rounder and others might fight for a spot as well freeing up salary.

These players can be every bit as exciting as Chi or Sj, we need the right coach that has a system that allows more scoring and chance taking, as we were getting burnt when we were not even trying to take chances.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Chara played most of the year with a separated finger. Of course he had an off year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Sticking with a tired not to well playing rookie goalie lost the Philly series plain and simple. Rask gave up more then three goals to many times.Blaming bad goals on deflections or the goalie passing out is all fine. but when Rask needed a big game he was a big failure. The playoffs were over when Rask started in game six.Julie ann should be fired for this mistake alone. He uses the excuse about a so called cold goalie but it dont seem to be bothering Lieghton to bad. Once again Julieann stands with a dumb look as the other team celebrates. Time for this loser of a coach to go coach elsewhere!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

I think the idea of boards like this occasionally getting feedback from the fans of opposing teams is fascinating.  Throwing out the extremists/fanatics (the ridiculously optimistic and the endlessly negative ones EVERY team has) of both ends, as is done in the scoring of diving competitions, you can find some excellent observations that might help see things in your players you wouldn't otherwise see.  The exception to this is, naturally, online Canadiens fans--they are insufferable no matter how civilized the discussion may have been at the start.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

I think the idea of boards like this occasionally getting feedback from the fans of opposing teams is fascinating.  Throwing out the extremists/fanatics (the ridiculously optimistic and the endlessly negative ones EVERY team has) of both ends, as is done in the scoring of diving competitions, you can find some excellent observations that might help see things in your players you wouldn't otherwise see.  The exception to this is, naturally, online Canadiens fans --they are insufferable no matter how civilized the discussion may have been at the start.
    Posted by BlueEyedGuy

Good point. Habs fans are the lowest form of life on the planet. They're worse than cockroaches. In fact, step on one if you see one. There are probably some Hab fans overturning and setting ablaze some police cars as I type this. HABS FANS SU CK!!