Petition to remove Jack "DOWN THE RIVER" Edward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Petition to remove Jack "DOWN THE RIVER" Edward

Does anybody now how to start a petition on line to help get jack Edwards removed from the Bruins brodcast booth as the play by play goof ball  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Re: Petition to remove Jack "DOWN THE RIVER" Edward

Who starts a petition online? Hahahahaha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

What's your problem with Jack?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

you find the petition, I will sign it, but could he still do friday night college games on NESN?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Jack's the perfect mix of intelligent and crazy. But I get that many people don't catch his wit, I suppose.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Petition to remove Jack "DOWN THE RIVER" Edward:
    [QUOTE]Jack's the perfect mix of intelligent and crazy. But I get that many people don't catch his wit, I suppose.
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one Unite!  This guy is a MILLION times better than Arnold.

The guys in the balcony yelling SKATE!  SKATE!  HIT 'EM!  HIT  'EM! would not understand some of the intelligent and wacky vocabulary of Edwards. 

He is trying to make the game interesting and fun for BRUINS fans.  Some don't get it, some are not amused.  I really think they want dull, boring, passionless announcing. 

I prefer the excitement, the support of the team he shows, and some of the wackiness.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

"Oh, Wideman just blew a tire there..."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PianosAreFun. Show PianosAreFun's posts

I would prefer Dave Gouchen

I was never a Jack Edwards fan.  I just never liked the sound of his voice or the way he enunciates/pronounces words. 

As for actual content, I find it's best not to take him seriously.  He's too over the top for my tastes.  His level of passion is fine, his wackiness can be very annoying. 

Seeing how we're stuck with him, I've decided laughing at the crazy things he says is more enjoyable than getting all upset about it.

But to say his style is entertaining/exciting/passionate and dismiss all others as boring or in his words "plain vanilla" is insulting to those who came before him.  Fred Cuisik was not wacky, would you say he was boring or not passionate?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

I can understand how some people wouldn't like Jack. I'm not one of them. I love hearing him call games. I just think some people just need to relax and lighten up. He will come up with some statements that I'll just sit there and say "What"..but 95% of the time I'm laughing at the stuff he says. Sends it 200 feet down the river. flatens him against the boards

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]I would prefer Dave Gouchen I was never a Jack Edwards fan.  I just never liked the sound of his voice or the way he enunciates/pronounces words.  As for actual content, I find it's best not to take him seriously.  He's too over the top for my tastes.  His level of passion is fine, his wackiness can be very annoying.  Seeing how we're stuck with him, I've decided laughing at the crazy things he says is more enjoyable than getting all upset about it. But to say his style is entertaining/exciting/passionate and dismiss all others as boring or in his words "plain vanilla" is insulting to those who came before him.  Fred Cuisik was not wacky, would you say he was boring or not passionate?
    Posted by PianosAreFun[/QUOTE]

I don't know who said 'all others are boring', but I did state the Dale Arnold was boring. 

JE injects some excitement into the game.  Once in a while he does say something wacky, but his motif is to build some excitement amongst his listeners, which he does well.  Some people focus on random things he says once every 5 minutes-fine. But he's fun to listen to if you are a B's fan AND he's not boring like the previous guy he replaced(DA)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Baseball season is over, they could get the FOX team of McCarver and Buck.

Then you would see how lucky we are to have Brickley and Edwards.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Baseball season is over, they could get the FOX team of McCarver and Buck. Then you would see how lucky we are to have Brickley and Edwards.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!  I'd take them over Dale Arnold any day...well, i'd have to think about that one for a bit...

Sections
Shortcuts