Phaneuf to Leafs!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 640Toronto. Show 640Toronto's posts

Phaneuf to Leafs!

Somewhere Peter Chiarelli must be shaking his head

WAKE UP CHIA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

Re: Phaneuf to Leafs!

Hmm...press conf at 11.30 am

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GroinLiqours. Show GroinLiqours's posts

It has been rumoured that Chiarelli was very very interested in Phaneuf for the last few weeks!

Big surprise that he sits on his hands yet again and lets him go to a division rival

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

It has been rumoured that Chiarelli was very very interested in Phaneuf for the last few weeks!

Big surprise that he sits on his hands yet again and lets him go to a division rival

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

YES!  I really didn't want to see that overpaid/underachieving defenseman come to Boston.  We don't need him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

Yet if he came to Boston I bet you would be saying how great he is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

norwood. Why would we trade alot to get a defenseman when the Bruins are 6th in the league in goals against but 3oth in goals for?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

ESPN is reporting that the Leafs are also set to acquire Giguere from the Ducks. As with Phaneuf, details to follow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What did he give away to get Phaneuf?

The Bruins better get an edge to their game in a hurry, the Leafs are going to goon it up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

How do you know norwoodmustang?  The guy has only 10 goals and 12 assists this year, and has a cap hit of $6,000,000!  The Bruins already have an overpaid defenseman (his name is Wideman), they don't need two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

"When asked if Stajan and Hagman are main pieces in Phaneuf trade, source says "its bigger than that."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

wow....thats BS.....not that I'm super high on Phaneuf, but he would have been worth the risk...especially if he took so little to pull away from Calgary.  Toronto has almost nothing to offer....crazy.  I hope PC has something up his sleeve.  Toronto might have gotten a little better. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

They tried to goon it up at the beginning of the season by signing Orr, Mayers and Exelby and where did that get them?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

It could've gotten them further if they had talent for the goons to protect. Burke's team always has a certain nastiness to them but the free agent market was scarce on top flight talent once the Sedin's signed back with Vancouver.
    I love both of these trades, Phaneuf needed a change of scenery after the Boumeester signing and Giguere could revive his career in Toronto, at the least getting Toskala out was a plus for them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Burke is a raving lunatic

Coming to Toronto is 24-year-old defenseman Dion Phaneuf, 26-year-old winger Fredrik Sjostrom and prospect Keith Aulie. In return, Calgary acquires Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Ian White and Jamal Mayers.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/31175-Maple-Leafs-acquire-defenseman-Dion-Phaneuf-from-Calgary-for-four-players.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If you think Phaneuf is worth all that, you are out of your mind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I would be excited with todays moves if I was a Toronto fan.  I'm pretty pissed as a B's fan....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Phaneuf's best years are behind him.  He will not bring anything good for the Leafs and Leafs fan will complain in a few weeks when they see how many turnover he is creating.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Tuuka
    I would be excited with todays moves if I was a Toronto fan.  I'm pretty pissed as a B's fan....

NO, don't be.  These are stupid moves for the Leafs, they just gave up 2 of their top 4 scorers, there is another rumor about Kessel to the Preds, that one is probably false, I can't believe that.

Phaneuf was late to a game because he left his Hummer running in front of a Starbucks and went in to get a cup of coffee, and then someone boosted the hummer.  'nuff said for Phaneuf.

I would rather see my GM do nothing rather than this insanity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wheeling and Dealing http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/758366--leafs-get-phaneuf-giguere-in-multi-team-blockbuster?bn=1

WoW! but I don't understand how this will hurt or scare the Bruins!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7713. Show 7713's posts

Now Toronto has no offence. Who will Kessel play with now. Toronto can now deal with the eragant coke head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

Giguere has apparently waived his NTC. It's Giguere and Ducks first for Toskola.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

Sandog its not designed to scare anybody it is designed to get out of the Bottom 5.

Did you really think Brian Burke of all people was just going to roll over and let Taylor Hall come to Boston? A division rival? Surely you knew something like this was going to happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7713. Show 7713's posts

Toronto now has Giguire at 7 M Phanauf at 6 and Kessel at 5. That does not leave Burke with a whole lot of money on getting other goal scorers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

Giguire makes 6 and there is only 20+ games left in the season

Burke also got ANA first rounder too

Sections
Shortcuts