Phaneuf to Leafs!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Re: Phaneuf to Leafs!

Dream on about the Leafs play entertaining hockey unless you think fighting will win you games. The Leafs will continue to be the laughing stock of the NHL for years to come. Burkes type fluked off a cup by playing goon hockey and a hot Giguere who by the way is finished he has been completly useless for 3 years now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Actually all I really care about is the entertainment value.  I think we'll see more crushing hits with Phaneuf but the most important element of this deal by far is getting to see more of Elisha Cuthbert......now that's a win-win

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Wow......I'll give Burke an "A" for the shock factor. I knew he was going to deal some players, but I'm a bit surprised on his choices. I'm still not a Burke believer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Bookboy , Tlusty got traded to the Canes a while back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, shows you how much of an impact Jiri Tlusty news makes on the world.  I mean, ever since he decided to email his junk to Twitter or whatever he did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Reading, reading, and reading.... Giguere was a good risk especially in getting rid of Blake. He has not been a decent goalie for a couple years. His contract expires in 2011 btw... $6. mil.  Toskala had his chance to be a number one... not.  He may sign next year as a back up in Anaheim?  

Phaneuf is a gamble.  He his not afraid to hit.  He plays decent defense in that he intimidates.  IMO, his make up is a bit like Bob Probert, not quite the stabling force in leadership.  His contract is heavy at $6.5mil till 2014.  People complain about Chara at $7.5, then Phaneuf at $6.5 is a real gamble.  Lastly, Phaneuf is no Pronger.  Who (Pronger the younger) btw was very responsible for Giguere's stellar play a few years back.  

Overall good moves for all three organizations, out with old in with the new not necessarily the young.  I would be really hard pressed to call this a victory for Toronto!  

The rest of the players except Hagman are average at best.  

Doesn't Anaheim own several picks from Philadelphia?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Jason Blake on hearing he was traded:

[quote]"I haven’t smiled so much in three years," Blake said [/quote]

Tells you a bit about life in Toronto!!

:D

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Something else as a potential negative for Phaneuf, Burke says he knows him personally.  I believe that he also knows Komiserak and Kessel personally as well, I think these personal relationships obscure his vision as a gm.

I say it is a negative because Phaneuf was also quite close to Sutter in Calgary and look what happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Islamorada is the only one that makes sense on this thread.

Only suggestion I would have for the multitude of Bruin Fans regarding this trade is make sure you tell your forwards to keep their head up crossing the Leaf blue line next time or this will happen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwWHCoxN2xk

We'll still lose 5-0 but will be fun to see some old time hockey back on defence again.

Or for a nice compilation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIeLFgJ64UU

When the guy wants to play he's a monster back there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

Love to see BadHabitude grasp at straws to try and twist and discredit anything non-bruin. Quite comical.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

badHABitude is a one trick pony, don't you realize that yet Coach?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsenstephanie. Show olsenstephanie's posts

Please ban badhabitude. This guy is a twisted social deviant. Kids come on this site and see what this sicko writes. Killing people and crippling people? Really...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Woodtick7:

<<Burke Type fluked off a cup by playing goon hockey and hot Giguere..... />>

Wow.....I guess you found the recipe for the Bruins to follow.  Dump Savard/Bergy/Krejcki/Wheeler and bring in a few goons and that should do it...

That Anaheim team was solid, especially on defence. 

Please......you want to dump on the Leafs get in line, but grab a brain...

Sections
Shortcuts