Phil Esposito MIA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stourque. Show stourque's posts

Phil Esposito MIA

Anyone know where Phil Esposito has been the last few weeks and why he wasn't around at all for the Winter Classic?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Phil Esposito MIA

Phil does the color for the Tbay Lightning on radio. He also does a thing called In the Slot On NHL HomeICe on Satellite radio. He couldn't make it because he had a charity golf game that he does on New Years Day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Come to think of it, I didn't see Eddie Shore around the rink either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

For a minute, I thought this was a shot at the morons who dig up old posts: "What's wrong with Esposito?  I mean, I don't expect 70+ goals every year, but come on!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

About the only thing missing yesterday was the Hanson Brothers.  Otherwise a great made for TV spectacle:  Kids skating; stealth bomber flyover...(glad Mav didn't buzz the Tower); good weather; long game 3+ hours (I know I know they didn't drop the puck until 1:40PM); James Taylor, Sweet Caroline, a fight and the Olympic Team announcement.  Would have been anti-climatic for Thomas had they lost though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It almost was "anti-climatic", until the last 5 minutes of regulation when the B's got desperate and FINALLY start attacking , I was sure we were looking at a very pathetic offensive showing by both teams.

Emrick and Pang were trying hard to make this seem like the most exciting game of the year, until the Bruins started attacking in the waning minutes it really was a kind of ho-hum game...even the fight seemed staged.