Phil Kessel another Bergeron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinsfan4life. Show BostonBruinsfan4life's posts

I think in a couple of more years Phil Kessel will be another Bergeron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyo77. Show guyo77's posts

I think in a couple more years you will still be dreaming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

LMAO...riight. Does not have the mind set and physical presence to do so. Loads of offensive skill and talent but is weak in his all around game. He'll have to toughen up alot, and to be honest it's just not part of he's game. Far cry from a Patrice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

I agree with everything I read with the exception of the first post..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from janasie36. Show janasie36's posts

Another SHEEP day dreaming

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

I sure hope that he isn't gone at the ripe old age of 23. I would be happy with 30 goals this year and maybe 35-40 in 2 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15Boston15. Show 15Boston15's posts

Phil and Bergy are great players and I do think once Phil is able to find his game and stick with it he could be as good as Bergeron. But they aren't the same type of player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

The 2 players have very little in common.

Bergeron does all the little things that make a good player a great player. TIVO a game and replay Bergy's shifts. Its the only way to appreciate EVERYTHING Patrice does on the ice. And he makes everyone around him better.

Kessel is still very much a work in progress. He's a fast skater and a decent offensive player. Thats all I've seen so far, sorry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Thanks JW, and I agree with the points you made about comparisons at this stage of their careers.

Bergeron was a COMPLETE NHL PLAYER--at the age when Kessel was a rookie. Bergy, at age 18/19 was probably a more complete player than Kessel will ever be.

I know many players don't come into their own until much later. But I agree with what you said--Kessel shows me speed and some shoot-out skills. That is it.

Haven't seen much else. He's a liability in his own end, I think he has a so-so shot, nothing spectacular other than a pretty quick release. And he has few if any playmaking skills.

He is NOT an NHL Center. He never was a playmaker in College, as far as I can tell.

So you end with a NHL Winger who can skate fast with a decent shot.

Patrice Bergeron is an exceptional playmaker, a very solid goal scorer, a good skater, and outstanding penalty killer, extremely effective threat on the power play, and a guy who also plays physically, and takes care of business as well as anyone on the team in his own end. And he has a work ethic that should be the Gold Standard for everyone in sports.

Patrice is A COMPLETE NHL HOCKEY PLAYER. DVR a few games and watch him and you'll be astonished at all the little things he does that you don't necessarilty notice.

I'm willing to be patient with Phil, but his upside is : 30-40 Goal scoring winger who hopefully doesn't hurt you in other ways.

I'll find a place on my team for that guy. But its not a superstar. IMO. And if some one wants to offer me a Top 4 Puck moving young defenseman for him......well, lets say I'm willing to listen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

PC is that you????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Tricky, no I'm not PC. But I would be surprised if PC disagreed with ANY of the points I made, including most importantly the final paragraph.
    JW, your proposal is very intriguing. That would be a great pick up for the Bruins. I would only deal Kessel for a top shelf player. I think your trade idea may qualify as one that could be considered.

Kessel does have a very attractive cap number--in addition to his upside,

What's Jay B's salary situation. How much does he make and when is he FA?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

You folks that bash Kessel are idiots ! Kessel is so young, he is still maturing, but you cannot teach great speed and a scoring touch like he has ..

No one can predict the future, but , rather, look back and see how well Joe T performed at the same age as Kessel.

Leave the youngster alone! he has been through ALOT at a very young age.

WIth good coaching, discipline, and HARD WORK, he will improve and round out his game. He can be as good as he wants to be by putting in hard work and a good all around effort.

that same principle applies to all players,not just Phil..

In a way, I wish he did get traded so all you naysayers who bash him can watch him grow into a consistent scorer in the league for the next 10 years and ask yourselves ' How come we can't KEEP players like this ? "

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonnewsie. Show Bostonnewsie's posts

On the Kessel topic, I think he has a long way too go. Seems immature and his overall game is lacking. He has a great offensive talent, but he lacks the work ethic to be all that he can be and is in no way comparable to Patrice IMO>>
    Also don't like the apparent friction with him and Claude-can't bode well for him this season when the "benching" seemed to definately produce results in the playoffs and Kessell was quick to tell the press that it was "not it at all"