Phil Kessel has left the building - let's move on.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Phil Kessel has left the building - let's move on.

Phil Kessel's gone north.  Let's keep him and his goals off these threads and start plotting for our #1 draft pick and helping the offensively challenged B's.  Anyone else out there of the same mindset?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sugdenflu. Show sugdenflu's posts

Re: Phil Kessel has left the building - let's move on.

I agree that it doesn't do us any good to sit hear & complain about the trade. But, its hard when the Bruins most glaring weekness is a blatant inability to score goals and we see Phil The Thrill lighting the lamp in Toronto regularly, since he's been back. I didn't like the trade when it happened and I still don't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The Kessel trade debacle was a topic.  Jeremy Jacobs ownership epoch in hockey was a topic. What is a topic is the fact Savard and Lucic have been unduly given too much attention while healing from injuries.  What we have here is a failure of the team to live up to last year's success.   Now I sincerely hope I am wrong on the present status.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Tyler Seguin is pretty darn good too, if we get a top 2 pick out this we should be incredibly pleased, forget the other 1st and 2nd rounder.
    Think about it, it is possible for the Bruins to put up to 4 players directly from the draft onto their team with a cap hit of .875. Its also very possible (as the bruins have shown a willingness to take first rounders that clearly need time to develop) that it would only be one, but still, getting all these picks is a very good thing, it could free up a lot of cap room for us for the next 4 years

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

A question:  Is the system still in place where the bottom five teams draw from a lottery for 1st-2nd-3rd- 4th- and 5th  pick ?  This was put in place some years ago to prevent teams from deliberately losing games near the end of the season in order to get the highest pick possible.

Everyone is rooting for Toronto to finish last, but even if they do we could get    5th pick, not 1st.  True?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

hey ma the toilet running again

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Phil Kessel has left the building - let's move on.:
    [QUOTE]A question:  Is the system still in place where the bottom five teams draw from a lottery for 1st-2nd-3rd- 4th- and 5th  pick ?  This was put in place some years ago to prevent teams from deliberately losing games near the end of the season in order to get the highest pick possible. Everyone is rooting for Toronto to finish last, but even if they do we could get    5th pick, not 1st.  True?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

True but the way this lottery works is the last place teams has better odds in getting the 1st overall.  I guess in the draw the last place teams in there more than one ballot ?
    Don't know the ratio but there is something in place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

the team with the fewest points has the best chanc eto win the lottery something like 25%, and the team with second fewest poins something like 15% chance and it goes lower and lower.

bruins need to get the 1st pick overall, i think it will be hall but seguin is coming very strong. after that there's really not much, fowler will take time to develop, mcfaralnd who i got a feeling will end up here is not doing well and kabanov is off to a slow start in junior hockey.

in 2011 so far there is no real great name, no one has emerged yet .
    forget the othe pix , they usually never pan out, probabaility is quite low.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]A question:  Is the system still in place where the bottom five teams draw from a lottery for 1st-2nd-3rd- 4th- and 5th  pick ?  This was put in place some years ago to prevent teams from deliberately losing games near the end of the season in order to get the highest pick possible. Everyone is rooting for Toronto to finish last, but even if they do we could get    5th pick, not 1st.  True?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

All teams in the NHL lottery cannot drop by more than one spot in the order of picking.. and only the bottom five finishers have a shot at #1 pick overall... tHere are the odds for the first five and that is all that really matters..Worse team in the NHL has best odds of picking #1 naturally ..  The Leafs will finish in this area somewhere and I would take that to the bank .. Last , maybe not, but for sure bottom 3 ... and the Bruins will draft a potential franchise  player..

30th: 25.0% (250 combinations), but a 48.2% chance of picking first
    29th: 18.8% (188 combinations)
    28th: 14.2% (142 combinations)
    27th: 10.7% (107 combinations)
    26th: 8.1% (81 combinations)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Thanks guys....It's nice to have a forum in which you can get information like this.  Yes, there are some very knowledgable posters on these forums.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Just to add to cowboys9's post:
    The lottery winner can move up a maximum of 4 slots (which is why only the bottom 5 teams can get the #1 pick) and a team can only move down 1 slot (so the worst team gets at worst #2).  I don't know why they bother specifying the second provision - having only one lottery winner should make that be true.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Tyler Seguin is pretty darn good too, if we get a top 2 pick out this we should be incredibly pleased, forget the other 1st and 2nd rounder. Think about it, it is possible for the Bruins to put up to 4 players directly from the draft onto their team with a cap hit of .875. Its also very possible (as the bruins have shown a willingness to take first rounders that clearly need time to develop) that it would only be one, but still, getting all these picks is a very good thing, it could free up a lot of cap room for us for the next 4 years
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

GMs are calling this one of the deepest drafts in years

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Lets not count our "prospects" before they hatch!!!!  It a long season yet and although I would really LOVE to see the Leafs finish last overall, I don't think we should be on here selecting a jersey number for Hall or Sequin...unless we all want to jinx it.  Everybody know how superstitious hockey players are!!! Lets follow suit!!! hahaha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Kinda funny just watching Spotrsnet here in Ontario and the "Leaf fans are saying the same thing about what the Leafs gave up in the trade".It doesn't matter the trade is done and nothing will bring Kessel back so lets keep hoping the Leafs keep tanking. Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin doesn't matter.Burke would like to see them give up pick  in the top five so he can justify the trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

This was a Huge Mistake! The kid is going to be remembered as a star when it is all over. Oh and hey, did I tell you how he beat cancer too!

Oh well, the legend of Bruins management misfires lives on!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

It will be interesting to see if PC deals one or more of the picks come trade deadline. I'm sure he's considering it, depending on the teams position going into it. Personally, I'd say go for it if it looks like we can get what we need to give us the extra push for a legit run at the cup. I'm tired of waiting for "next year"....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Kessel has left the building - let's move on. : GMs are calling this one of the deepest drafts in years
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    Where are you getting this information?  Everything I have read has said quite the opposite.  There is supposedly a huge dropoff in talent after the third overall pick or so.

This trade has caused much wringing of hands and grinding of teeth on either side.  Here's Bob McKenzie's latest blog on the subject:  http://tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=298731

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Here is one example:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/allan_muir/11/06/2010.draft.preview/index.html
    Yes, I know it's Muir but it is something.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]It will be interesting to see if PC deals one or more of the picks come trade deadline. I'm sure he's considering it, depending on the teams position going into it. Personally, I'd say go for it if it looks like we can get what we need to give us the extra push for a legit run at the cup. I'm tired of waiting for "next year"....
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]
    I think that PC is going to have to take a good hard look at the team leading up to the trade deadline.  He needs to be brutally honest when answering this question: will the team be a legitimate contender after the dealing is done?  If the answer is "no", then he needs to sit tight and hold onto his picks until the draft.  There is no sense in spending picks as a token effort to satisfy a portion of the fan base. 

Look at the Nokelainen trade last season.  Sure, the chances of Nokelainen earning a permanent spot in Boston were slim, but the team would have been better off not bringing in Montador and trading Nokelainen after the season for a more useful player.  The team has all of the depth players that it needs.  Any trade at the deadline has to bring in an impact player, or it will likely just be a waste of picks and/or prospects.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that it doesn't do us any good to sit hear & complain about the trade. But, its hard when the Bruins most glaring weekness is a blatant inability to score goals and we see Phil The Thrill lighting the lamp in Toronto regularly, since he's been back. I didn't like the trade when it happened and I still don't.
    Posted by sugdenflu[/QUOTE]

You still don't like that trade?

I liked it, now I'm starting to love it.

Let me ask you, given the chance, would Burke do this deal again?  You have to be kidding me if he would give away 2 first round picks again.

Sections
Shortcuts