Phil Kessel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Phil Kessel

Thank god we got Toronto's 2010 and 2011 1st rounders for Phil.

I don't want to imagine how I would feel about this organization without them to look forward to...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fox-Spooky-Mulder. Show Fox-Spooky-Mulder's posts

Re: Phil Kessel

wait until u mess up the draft

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

of our 1st round picks in the last decade how many are playing for the team? i believe stuart is the only one. lets look at the list

2000 lars johnsonn and martin samuelson/ not sure these were even real people
    2001 shane morrison/ marginal dman with washington
    2002 hannu toivonen/ we all know how this turned out
    2003 mark stuart/ 3rd pair dman
    2004 traded to wash for rental players
    2005 matt lashoff/ seems to be poised for ahl career
    2006 phil kessel/ best of the bunch management didnt want to pay. kessels short comings dont seem that bad compared to the rest of the list
    2007 zack hamill/ see matt lashoff
    2008 joe colbuorne/ not even averaging a point a game in college.
    2009 jordan carron/ has played 5 games this season scouting report says big but not a fast skater. we already have enough players like that.

all players look good on draft day. lucky we had some good 2nd round picks. only lucic under this regime though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

Why do we have sell outs at TD ?  Haven't we seen this picture before ?   Until and unless the product on the ice is better, I don't understand why Bruins fans are so eager to part their hard-earned money when management refuses to do so! 

Seriously, they couldn't get past the 1st round/quarterfinals last year and that was with Kessel!   Now, the geniuses that is the front-office made another classic blunder!  I concur wholeheartedly w/chitownBruinfan!  Trading a known-product for the unknown of draftees is simply delusional if not money pinching.

The Bruins will NEVER win the Stanley Cup until and unless management is willing to fork over the dough ala Celtics and Red Sox.

Another thing, I am getting a sinking feeling that the Krafts are traveling down this road too.   This year's diaster of a season clearly shows how punchless the Pats were.   Hmmm, sounds familiar.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Thanks for the list Chitown. It sure makes it clear why this team is so bad every year. A team just can't miss on their 1st round pick year after year, and not suffer for it. Luckilly they got a couple of good 2nd rounders, or all those drafts would have been a complete waste.They may as well get rid of the scouts and head for the draft with a copy of THE HOCKEY NEWS. It would have to be an improvement :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Caron's going to be fine.

And Kessel's absence is definitely not what's wrong with this year's Bruins.  Leafs coach Ron Wilson publicly called out Kessel during a press conference earlier this month.  $27.5 million for THAT?  No thanks.  Of course the B's need more scoring, but Kessel's unwillingness to play 2-way hockey gives up almost as many goals as he scores.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

i agree. there is more wrong then kessel missing. on the surface the kessel deal will be good. BUT when gaborik, hossa and heatley change teams and the B's arent involved in getting one of them something is wrong.

i thought we were going for the cup last year, not rebuilding. retooling or whatever.

living in Chicago and following the Cubs, the bruins did the same thing they did. over reacted to a bad playoff round. now the cubs are farther from the playoffs and have many bad contracts.

if the bruins sell the future picks for rentals there will be no reason to watch this team.

my point being the bruins bad mouthed kessel out the door and got no immediate return for him and bruin fans bought it. me included.

couldnt agree more NYC why do the games still sell out?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Kessel is getting about 19 minutes of ice time a night in Toronto, vs the 16 he got here. Guess what, he's not scoring more with more time. He's also not doing the other stuff. People complain about Ryder's 4 million but think Phil's 5.4 would be fine.

In What Effing Universe?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SharkCam8. Show SharkCam8's posts

I remember about two months ago, finding myself doing the same thing. Rooting wholeheartedly for Toronto to finish at least in the bottom five. But you know what...the way things are going...Boston's pick may be closer to a number one!!! LOL

Seriously though...if the Bruins don't right the ship, we could be looking at 2 picks in the top 10 or so. Not a bad thing to look forward to, as long as they don't take this years Stephane Quintal and Pass on This years Joe Sakic!!! LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

chitownBruinfan

depending on the draft, at most picks 1-7 are the only ones in sure fire range.  Usually way less, this coming draft, only 3, Hall Fowler and Sequin.

It's a whole different story from a 10+ overall pick rather than a 1-5 pick.

After that, it's a total crap shoot.  You get guys like Hunwick who was drafted in the SEVENTH round and you get players who crap out who were first rounders.

My points
    Since 2000 they haven't had many high first round picks, yes they blew it with the couple of 7 and 8 overall they had, but don't forget, central scouting had them picked that way, too.

2000 lars johnsonn and martin samuelson
    lars was 7th overall - they blew that one, lots of good picks behind him
    see http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2000e.html
    samuelson was 27th

2001 shane morrison/ marginal dman with washington
    19th overall

2002 hannu toivonen/ we all know how this turned out
    29th overall

2003 mark stuart/ 3rd pair dman
    21st overall

2004 traded to wash for rental players
    Blake Wheeler was the 5th overall pick that year.  And he came here rather than playing for the Coyotes 

2005 matt lashoff/ seems to be poised for ahl career
    22nd overall, and we dumped him for Recchi.  I call that a win actually.

2006 phil kessel
    got 2 1st round picks for him, I'll be open minded, and the jury is still out depending on which picks we get.

2007 zack hamill/ see matt lashoff
    8th overall - they blew it.

2008 joe colbuorne/ not even averaging a point a game in college.
    what kind of math are you using?  He has 23 points in 22 games.
    see http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=101538

2009 jordan carron/ has played 5 games this season scouting report says big but not a fast skater. we already have enough players like that.
    He's played 25 games this year, not 5.
    He has 26 pts in 25 games.
    You did not notice he was traded, 20 games with one team and 5 w/ another.
    see http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=96371

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks Badhab was going to start looking all that up. Once again more misinformation thrown onto the board by week posters.

Sections
Shortcuts