Philly/LA/Boston Rumored Deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Philly/LA/Boston Rumored Deal

Before shooting me lets just have a look at the team needs.
    Boston: Scoring winger.  Possible Dman as well.
    LA: Scoring center/dman
    Philly: Clear contracts wingers.

My proposed deal in this 3 way.
    Boston Gets: Gagne and possibly a dman.
    LA Gets: Savard and possibly a dman
    Philly Gets: Simmonds and valuable cap room to sign Nabby.

Thoughts???

Philly has a lot of dmen...they could be shipping one out as well. 

Looks like it works for all sides.  LA does need another top center.  Savard of course would have to approve of this deal. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Philly/LA/Boston Rumored Deal

In Response to Philly/LA/Boston Rumored Deal:
    Before shooting me lets just have a look at the team needs. Boston: Scoring winger.  Possible Dman as well. LA: Scoring center/dman Philly: Clear contracts wingers. My proposed deal in this 3 way. Boston Gets: Gagne and possibly a dman. LA Gets: Savard and possibly a dman Philly Gets: Simmonds and valuable cap room to sign Nabby. Thoughts??? Philly has a lot of dmen...they could be shipping one out as well.  Looks like it works for all sides.  LA does need another top center.  Savard of course would have to approve of this deal. 
    Posted by shuperman

My immediate thought is that this is not really a rumor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

so....it's not a rumoured deal...it's just another suggestion.  Here's my suggestion, Philly needs a goalie better than so we trade TT and we need a winger so we get nash, and Columbus needs a center so philly sends carter, and we throw in ryder to clear cap space and the other teams just take it cause it makes us better.

sorry, just being a jerk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

I don't think we could fit both under the cap. What's Gagne's cap hit?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Gagne makes too much money ...we wont trade one of the best NHL G (if not..THE Best) who makes $5MM for Gagne at $5.4MM.....NO WAY .....the BRUINS dont want to trade TT just for trading him its just a question of cap space ..we wouldnt even talking about TT in a trade if he would make $2MM .....

TRADE REJECTED

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Blakie stays)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Sounds more like a hope more than a rumor, eh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcivermd21. Show mcivermd21's posts

98.5 SportsHub was reporting that they had heard from multiple sources including a reporter for TSN that there was a three team trade rumor between Boston Philly and LA Kings after Simon Gange waved his no trade clause. Its just chatter at this point but, Philly are trying to acquire Jon Quick, Gange to Boston, and Thomas and prospects to LA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

In Response to Re: Philly/LA/Boston Rumored Deal:
    Gagne makes too much money ...we wont trade one of the best NHL G (if not..THE Best) who makes $5MM for Gagne at $5.4MM.....NO WAY .....the BRUINS dont want to trade TT just for trading him its just a question of cap space ..we wouldnt even talking about TT in a trade if he would make $2MM ..... TRADE REJECTED Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Blakie stays)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

IF   GAGNE WAS OFFERED FOR TT PC WOULD PULL TRIGGER FOR 3 REASONS  GETS OUT OF 3 YR CONTRACT WITH TT , GAGNES SCORES,  GAGNE CONTRACT ENDS NEXT YR

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As PB37 has mentioned this before and I agree that there should be more 3 team deals but there are not. Basketball and Baseball have a ton more it puzzles me that Hockey GMs aren't as creative perhaps because most Hockey GMs have not handled the cap so well mmm Peter...

I don't think Holmgren wants to unload Carter but Gagne has been asked to waive his NTC LA makes sense for Simon with Frolov not coming back. Mark Stuart I could see Philly or LA having interest in Hunwick not so sure one thing is PC will have to include a prospect and/or a pick to unload TT.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Keep this under your cap ... or the cap, and don't ask me to reveal my source, but it's rumoured that Ryder might be traded to Providence for Lehtonen and the P-Bruins mascot - we'd have to eat a lot of Ryder's salary, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha Ha good one Huscroft just read that if the Bruins go to arbitration with Stuart and Wheeler which is highly likely the Bruins get another window for buyout. The Bruins might have to revisit that subject with Ryder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I said it was a rumor based on hockeybuzz.com and the fact that we have been mentioned in deals with Philly...those three names are the major names in play in recent weeks.  There likely would be a need to add other names but if you think about it it does work for all teams. 
    Philly- enables them to free some cap relief and sign a goalie(sorry guys TT isn't going there...they don't need to trade a quality player for a goalie that is cheaper on the market).
    Boston- gives them a scoring winger who likely slides on a line with Bergie for a french connection line.
    LA- gives them the guy that could put the final touch on Kovy going to LA.  And they do need a 2nd line center if they are going to make a run in the playoffs.

A few more names and picks may have to be involved to make it work.  But I was trying to see what all teams need.  Its not Crosby for Hamil. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

MurphysLaw74 According to high-ranking Kings source reports of LA trying to trade for Marc Savard so they can sign Ilya Kovalchuk are "nonsense".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bruins,

I guess we will have to wait...the % of all these types of deals never fall through anyway.  The longer it takes the less likely it will happen.

cheers dude

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Savard wants to be closer to his Family. That means east coast

A trade that could work imo is

Ottawa: Savard + Wheeler (rights)
    Toronto: Spezza + Stuart(rights)
    Boston: Kaberle + Patrick Wiercioch (otawa D prospect)

Ottawa would do the trade to bring in a hometown guy and get rid of a high paying salary (Spezza). Toronto would do this trade because they won't likely be able to sign a high profile player via FA for a while and need to try to win immediately. Spezza is also from the GTA.

Boston can get rid of contracts, utilize Kaberle for one year, and have space for Seguin to play Centre

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Keep this under your cap ... or the cap, and don't ask me to reveal my source, but it's rumoured that Ryder might be traded to Providence for Lehtonen and the P-Bruins mascot - we'd have to eat a lot of Ryder's salary, though.
    Posted by huscroft28

Good one!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

U R joking with a 3 way the sends Savvy and the rights to Wheeler and Stuart and all we get back is Kaberle and some unkown prospect.

We would be giving up is 3 roster players,  a 85+ pnt C-man and 2 very young players with major upside.

This seems like it would makes Leafs and Sens stronger and the Bs weaker

How is this good deal for Bs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Stuart and Wheeler send off are for their rights. Its not like we have them in our control.  I can't see anyone in the nhl trying to sign them and giving us picks. Do you??

But they are both still decent players that would make the trade work.

Main thing for the Bruins will be to get rid of Savards contract. You may need to add a little extra to make him tradable

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Main thing for the Bruins will be to get rid of Savards contract. You may need to add a little extra to make him tradable
    Posted by yaz16

The main thing is to improve the team.  When considering a deal, the GM doesn't look at the salary first, he looks at his team first.

Will this help the team?

Yes.

Okay, what are the salary implications?

not

It's works for the salary cap.

Okay.

What will it do for the team.