pick four

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

pick four

my friend and i got in a debate the other day, not really sure how it started, but heres the task at hand:
    your the gm of an expansion team ( i know its ludicrous, just play along), and you can pick any four players in the NHL to start your team with, for now, and for the future. Must be two forwards, one d man, and a goalie.
    My picks:
    Stamkos
    Crosby
    doughty
    rask

stanley if you pick wheeler you are officially on ignore

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: pick four

And the Winnipeg Jets Part Deux select:
    Jaroslav Halak ( toss up between him and Rask)
    Jonothan Toews (no contest, even moreso if it was a 'Peg based team)
    Steven Stamkos ( a few options but i like Stamkos the most)
    Shea Weber (toss up between him and Doughty)

This isn't about picking the best players, it's about who you want to use to build the personality and basis of a team around. All can contribute immediately, and for years to come, but also they are all noted as very hard workers (two train with Gary Roberts) and great dressing room leaders. Maybe not the best at each position, but possibly the best from a team perspective.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I would take Miller over Rask.
    The rest of your picks would be hard to argue with.
    I suppose Ovechkin could be substituted for Stamkos. I know Stamkos has great stats, but I have hardly ever seen him play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

And the Wiinipeg Arseholes choose....
    Dan Carcillo
    Matt Cooke
    Chris Pronger
    Carey Price (only if I can't get Tom Barrasshole or Ron Hacks-all out of retirement)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Lemiuex
    Neely
    Orr
    Roy

oh wait.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

You most definitely need Ovechkin in there. Remember you are an expansion team. You need to sell tickets. Ovechkin does that better than any other player.

As for the others, I'd go with Crosby, Duncan Keith and Miller.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

San Diego Gulls select

Marian Hossa
    Eric Staal
    Shea Weber
    Ryan Miller

Walk the Line post of the thread so far! "stanley if you pick wheeler you are officially on ignore" LoL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

The Beantown Beatdown Selects:

Ovechkin
    Crosby
    Duncan Keith
    Tuuka Rask / Tank combo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

In Response to Re: pick four:
    San Diego Gulls select Marian Hossa Eric Staal Shea Weber Ryan Miller Walk the Line post of the thread so far! "stanley if you pick wheeler you are officially on ignore" LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Id put 100$ down on the Beatdown vs the Gulls!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Centerman - Crosby, hands down.
    Winger - Tough call, but Stamkos is cheaper right now, and Canadian.
    Dman- Keith, with honourable mention to Shea Weber.
    Goalie - They say Miller is the best, but what has he won? I do not think there is a clear #1 right now, other than TT, so TT it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

The Peter NorthStars select-

Alex Ovechkin
    Sidney Crosby
    Drew Doughty 
    Bert Luongo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: pick four : Id put 100$ down on the Beatdown vs the Gulls!
    Posted by SeguinMyTime

Except if they face my Winnpeg Arseholes on the schedule first. Then most of your Beatdown will be on IR due to the cheapshots. :P 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Disgruntled Alleged Bruins fans of the Charleston-Chelsea-Revere Chiefs (not owned by JJ!) will reverse those idiotic moves made by Chiapet and Bruins Mgmnt.

Phil Kessel
    Brad Boyes
    Aaron Ward (need not dress, his locker room presence is invaluable)
    Steve Montador (the sheriff will keep the peace in these here parts!)
    Andrew Raycroft

The criminal mistake of moving these future HOF players shall be reversed as a first order of business.

The fans shall remain Bruins fans, yet they will worship Chiefs  players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Can I clone Blake Wheeler 3 times and have four Blake Wheelers?

I'd also consider doing this with Phil Kessel or Brian McGrattan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

The Las Vegas Dickbrains select:

Sean Avery
    Matt Cooke
    Dennis Wideman
    Manny Fernandez (wherever he is now)

And boy, I can't wait till they play the Arseholes!

Oh sorry, I forgot that the Arseholes already took Cooke. In that case give me Colton Orr. His 3 G and 386 PIM a season will come in handy against Pronger.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kessel, neely, kvarltanov, ruzicka

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

In Response to Re: pick four : Except if they face my Winnpeg Arseholes on the schedule first. Then most of your Beatdown will be on IR due to the cheapshots. :P 
    Posted by WalkTheLine

In anticipation of the Season Opener vs the Arseholes the Beantown has made some drastic changes. Sitting out will be Kieth and Crosby.

Replacing them will be George Parros and Boogard now i feel better :P

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

My starting line Parros-Ovechkin-Boogard haha prepare for some bloody hockey out there boys!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

The Disgruntled Alleged Bruins fans of the Charleston-Chelsea-Revere Chiefs (not owned by JJ!) will reverse those idiotic moves made by Chiapet and Bruins Mgmnt. Phil Kessel Brad Boyes Aaron Ward (need not dress, his locker room presence is invaluable) Steve Montador (the sheriff will keep the peace in these here parts!) Andrew Raycroft The criminal mistake of moving these future HOF players shall be reversed as a first order of business. The fans shall remain Bruins fans, yet they will worship Chiefs  players.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I LOL'd.

Milan Lucic
    David Krejci
    Zdeno Chara (I know he's on the older side, but I don't care)
    Tuukka Rask

Wink

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

My Winnipeg Arseholes have already folded! Carcillo stabbed Cooke in the neck and is headed off to prison. Cooke is dead :) I traded Carey back to the Scabs for an autographed Halak jersey and Pronger has been denied entry into Canada. It seems they just passed a anti-arsehole immigration law.
    I'm out! :(

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

SeguinMyTime....Seeing I am now unemployed, can I coach the Beatdown?????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

SeguinMyTime....Seeing I am now unemployed, can I coach the Beatdown?????
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Fine...

But only if instead of showing tape you just make them watch endless repeats of the Movie Slapshot.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

In another shocking move the Beatdown have dropped both golies currently on the team roster and with all the remaining cap space hired this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiN9C4t3rc

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sorry, but isn't this just "name four of the best players in the NHL - one must play D and one must play G"?  Selections don't say much when you can't really go wrong (short of selecting anyone on Toronto's roster).

How about this: Assume each team can protect two forwards, one D, and one G (closer to reality when there are expansion drafts, though still way more wide open).  Now who do you pick?  Y'ain't getting Crosby or Stamkos or Ovechkin or Keith, or Doughty, and no clear-cut starting goaltender either (making TT or Corey Schneider obvious candidates assuming Bos would protect Rask).

I'll go think about my list now....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In another shocking move the Beatdown have dropped both golies currently on the team roster and with all the remaining cap space hired this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFiN9C4t3rc
    Posted by SeguinMyTime

Awesome! I can work with this guy. lol

Sections
Shortcuts