Pick your player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Pick your player

Who you feel is going to have a big season for the spoked B.

I choose Lucic. I have feeling he is going to be the force that every B's fan wants him to be this year. He will feed of Horton even if they dont play together and vice versa because of style of play. @ the end of the season and playoffs Looch was definately one of our best players on the ice. He seems to able to elevate his game especially in big games like against the Sharks for leagues best team bragging rights (Thornton got them) and Milan stepped up in a huge way and thats not even including the 2 goals he scored. We all know he is a thorn in the Habs side so I wont get into that. but game 7 against the Flyers he did it again, in my opinion was the best player on the ice that game.

Lucic will rebound in a big way this year, besides Recchi I dont think there is a guy on this team that was more pissed than Looch, He still has that sour taste in his mouth from the colapse. I also think he cares a great deal and would put this team on his back if they need it.

He fights, throws thunderous hits, can score, has a great shot, and has underated passing abilities. He has the tools to lift the Bruins in so many ways. I look forward to watching it.

Have fun with it, I look forward to your posts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

Re: Pick your player

i agree with everything you just said lucic fan...
    i also believe that nathan Horton will have a huge season for the bs i believe he is going to score from 30-35 goals\

my 2 would be Horton and Lucic  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Krejci. The first half of last year, when he was battling back after surgery, was extremely frustrating for him, especially after the previous year, and I know it killed him to watch the playoff loss from the press box. He has the talent to be a real star in this league, given the right guys on his wings (crosses fingers that he gets  Seguin).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Boychuk...I think he's gonna have to prove himself, which will motivate him to have a great year...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

If Krejci plays like the latter half of last year, then I believe he can come close to scoring 30. I think he has a career year this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Beat me to it lemondropper nice one! Gotta good feeling about David Krejci me thinks he is going to explode this upcoming season and #46 is going to have young speedster on his wing!

As they say over in Brooklyn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0ZyoUn7Vk

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

I think a number of players will step up. Lucic is a good pick, as is Krejci. I feel like Seidenburg will have a very good year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Horton:  From hockey's version of Nowhere Land to the place where everybody knows your name.  He'll have his world class fans in the stands and his world class assistmen on the ice.  There is no reason not to expect career numbers from him.

I also hereby promise that if he's playing with no heart/no effort, I will heckle the heck out of him at Rusticcia until he picks it up or I get banned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

RYDER...He has to know, if he is not producing, he will be sent to Providence when Sturm returns.
    He should be very motivated to score enough goals, that another NHL team will want him.
    The rest of his career could depend on the first 2 months of the upcoming season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Tyler Seguin (I think he'll surprise us all and score around 28), Milan Lucic, Nathan Horton, David Krejci, Jordan Caron

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am looking for Krejci & Lucic to break out this year.  Krejci closer to his 08-09 numbers, Lucic should improve upon his 08-09 numbers as well, something like:
    Krejci: 25-55-80
    Lucic: 25-30-55

I am also looking for Chara & Bergy to improve upon last year's output. Maybe something like:
    Chara: 18-32-50
    Bergy: 20-45-65

Amazing that Krejci (24), Lucic (22) & Bergy (25) are still so young with plenty of accomplishments and plenty of great hockey ahead of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Krejci. Seguin could be his winger and Lucic might also. If so, big improvement in Krejci's wingers from last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Horton, Ryder, Kejci...career seasons for this trio!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

What about Marc Savard and Tim Thomas? Ok, we'll see how Savard comes back from the concussion, but since he did play at the end of the year I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and expect he'll be back in the top 20 for total points. As for Flounder, he'll be flippin' and floppin' like no one has ever seen, and with a mean streak. There's a guy with something to prove. I think the B's will be fantastic in goal this year. Should be interesting - I expect Thomas to play well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Patrice Bergeron!

First off season where he is medically cleared to do rigorous training since wasconcussions incidents. Last summer was tough for him, with so many restrictions and only playing at 186lbs, a far cry from his normal playing weight of 196lbs.

His ability to post 70+ point seasons prior to injury is impressive at such a young age. I believe he will storm back this season and be very close to 80-85 points.

Bergeron will hit 30 goals again for the second time in his career this year to go along with 50+ asst.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

wait, why didn't he train fully last summer?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Horton.  There is reason to believe that a lot of the guys on the team will have better seasons, but Horton should find Boston much more to his liking than south Florida.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

(1) Marc Savard if he is not traded will lead in points
    (2) Siedenberg will be a force take pressure off Chara
    (3) Chara will be healthy and be a major force the d core is getting stable
    (4) Horton will be our top goal scorer with our set up centers
    (5) Lucic will be come back player and menace/hard hitting and make opponents look behind their shoulders

Our biggest dud will be Wheeler but I am hoping not

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: Pick your player:
    wait, why didn't he train fully last summer?
    Posted by pbergeron37

He was under restrictions. When his weight dipped to 172lbs from 196lbs he gradually gained about 10lbs back. Due to his second concussion preceding last off-season the medical and training staff had him under close watch. Sure, he trained at max heart-rate at times but his routines were not as rigorous as years past. I wish i had the link to the column, Bergeron talked about it early in the season this year. So in reality there is no limit to his workouts. I believe this past year was a "feel-it in" type season. As a very young player he showed is dominance both offensively and defensively. People also tend to forget he played a lot like Dustin Brown plays now for LA, hard hitting, not afraid of contact type player. Obviously, due to his recent concussions his game style has changed some what. I believe and hope he returns to be that "wow" player many people knew.

I love our centers, you got a highly skilled potential all-start in Seguin, a master-mind with the puck in Krejci, and a hockey wizard in Bergeron.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigblue72. Show bigblue72's posts

I'm going to pick McQuaid to really step up and improve exponentialy this year. The potential in this kid is huge. All he has to do is keep the floor of his hotel rooms clear.

Sections
Shortcuts