Play Savard / Sit Sturm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Play Savard / Sit Sturm

Like the title says. Marc Savard at half speed is better than Sturm is right now. Does he know this is a playoff series? He has no intensity, no want to win puck battles. I'm not blaming this loss on him but to have him out there is a joke. I think Julien better make some serious decisions about Sturm and quick. Playing Sturm with Krejci is not fair to Krejci. It's like passing the puck to a blind man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Re: Play Savard / Sit Sturm

I less comfortable with Wheeler than Sturm, but maybe I've just lost faith in wheeler during his play all season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

How bout that nice move Krejci made in tonights game, then sent a nice pass to Sturm going to the net..........and he misses pretty much an open cage. I think I agree with you.....half a Savard is better then a full Sturm. 

I hope Sturm proves us all wrong and comes up with the GWG Monday night, but he sure seems destined to just skate around in circles. Wheeler seems to have the same problem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

at least Wheeler has shown a little "grit".  Sturm is practically useless.  I can't stand watching him.  He has no finishing touch right now and cannot win any one one battles!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

If Sturm puts that in it's a different game. His game right now is terrible and time after time he fails to deliver. CJ are you serious by having him out there? Let someone else play with Krejci.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Sit Sturm? Are you crazy? Sit Begin, the guy is absolutely UselesS!!! The guys stick is an anti puck magnet. How the heck does this guy have a job in the NHL? At least Sturm has a chance of breaking out and scoring goals...If anything Id just cut Sturms ice time. And why is Pallai playing with Bergy and Rechhi? Wasnt he making some things happen for himself playing on the fourth line? Not helping putting Luc on that line either. He is never gonna get his game going playing with Thornton and Begin. And Ferrence... Why, WHY did we tie 2.3 mil in salary up on this squid for the next 3 years and Seidenburg is gonna walk....N1.

What coach needs to do, is keep Wheeler Ryder and Sabotka together, put Luc with Krej and Satan, and slide Sturm back in with Bergy and Recchi, Pallai with Thornton and Begin. If Savy comes back, keep the lines the way they have been past 2 games and just throw Savy with Luc and Thornton, sit Begin. Coach does either of those 2 things and we will win game 6.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Marco.......Polo
    Marco.......Polo
    Marco.......Sturm
    Where are you????
    I would rather see Marchand out there if Savvy can't make it into the line up. Sturm, you gottah become more German buddy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Does anyone knows when Sturm' contract expiring ????

He doesnt bring much to the team so far in the playoffs.....scary....and you might be right Savard could'nt do any worst...whats wrong with Sturm ....I like the physical presence of Wheeler...if he keeps working hard like that it will payoff...

Thornton is also very disapointing in this serie ....last nigh when 3 Sabres jumped on Chara he should have jimped on the ice no matter if he gets suspended...

Lucic needs to be more rough next game those sob's Kaletta, Rivet, Gaustad need to be punished early in the game

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Sturm is absolutely useless.  No intensity is an understatment.  I wonder if Neely gregrets making the bold statement that Strum will be a 40 goal scorer and his contract was a bargin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

Can anyone tell me what Stuarts status is(other than he still has that pinkie infection)? Any possible timetable return?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

Sturm contract ends at the end of 2010 2011 season...... i havent heard much about staurt no updates nothing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

sturm at one point was the only Bruin doing anything, on that road trip to west coast. when he skates, when he shows his talent, he's a weapon, he can score....and now he should be healthy scratched. He has been a complete no show in the playoffs, think Josef Stumpel type fog. He has done nothing for this team. Someone mentioned Begin, and I'm not a big fan of his either, but he's on a checking line and doesn't play many minutes, and he helps kill penalties. If Savard is healthy, healthy scratch Sturm. I'm 100 percent on board on this. If it did anything, it would be a wake-up call (Kessel got that and he responded well from it). Do it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Wheeler is a healthy scratch candidate every night, but lately he's been making efforts to get to the net, and he's a bigger guy, thus a possible distraction in front of net.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

Just because he is not scoring doesn't mean he isn't adding value to the team.  His speed draws defenders and creates space for the other players on his line (if you are wondering how Satan got soo open to score the double OT goal in game 4). Thornton can sit because he does nothing...no goals...no fights...no hits.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Please..........  Are you watching every game or just closing your eyes to the facts on Sturm? His job is to score goals and how is that working out?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from camneely1983. Show camneely1983's posts

lol... yeah he frustrates me, but you gotta hope eventually he puts a few in.  They have to work with what they have for now and I don't think benching him at this point will make the team better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Julien sat Kessel 2 years ago. Why not sit Sturm? He brings nothing to this team. As I said before on the 2OT goal. If Sturm gets the pass from Ryder and Satan goes to the net, there was a good chance it goes to the third OT period. Sturm needs to get the message. He is looked to for scoring and since the Olympic break he is not there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

jwb  even Julien lauded Sturm on Satan's goal, so his skating does help at times. I'm not sure that they need Thornton, especially in a 6th game. I would rather see Marchand out their disturbing the short fuse Sabres. i don't really like the softness of Kreji's line with both Sturm and Satan, it puts ALL the tough stuff on Kreji. Sturm should go to Bergie's line and put Lucic with Kreji as he would open space for both Kreji and Satan. Then let Paille/Marchand and Begin skate to agitate, although if Begin had his stick on the ice last night ,in front of Miller, he had an easy tap in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

POWER PLAY FOR SAVARD ONLY.THEY ARE CRAZY TO PUT HIM 5-5 WITH THIS TEAM RIGHT NOW.HIS TIMING WILL BE OFF AND WILL BE A SITTING DUCK.REMEMBER HE HAS NOT PLAYED WITH A FAMILAR GUY AND JELLED WITH HIM ALL YEAR ANYWAY.THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I sometimes think Julien puts a spin on things. It was a good play by Sturm to go to the net but does that make up for him not scoring 1 or 2 goals on the 7 or 8 excellent chances he's had. I'd like to see Marchand out there as well. Sturm needs to get it and rise to the occasion. The goal was wide open last night and it was a good pass from Krejci but Sturm was already too close to Miller and it hit his skate. He has forgotten or doesn't focus on how to score goals. That goal would have been huge and again he let the B's down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

We need to generate more offense with Miller in the nets.  I would sit Thornton!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: Play Savard / Sit Sturm:
    I sometimes think Julien puts a spin on things. It was a good play by Sturm to go to the net but does that make up for him not scoring 1 or 2 goals on the 7 or 8 excellent chances he's had. I'd like to see Marchand out there as well. Sturm needs to get it and rise to the occasion. The goal was wide open last night and it was a good pass from Krejci but Sturm was already too close to Miller and it hit his skate. He has forgotten or doesn't focus on how to score goals. That goal would have been huge and again he let the B's down.
    Posted by jwb413
            The pass was a split second late while Sturm crashed toward the net.Look its simple,Krejci and sometimes Bergy pass waaaay too much.  The  passes are too close to the net.SHOOT THE FU /> />KING PUCK.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Krejci  made a great play just to get the pass to Sturm. He had the whole net. He needs to find a way to put that one in.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Krejci  made a great play just to get the pass to Sturm. He had the whole net. He needs to find a way to put that one in.
    Posted by jwb413

Toe draged by D.great move ended up from the top circle / dot in.In my book SHOOT THE FU//ING PUCK.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: Play Savard / Sit Sturm :                                           Toe draged by D.great move ended up from the top circle / dot in.In my book SHOOT THE FU//ING PUCK.
    Posted by hockey-101

Problem is, I think Krejci,and others, think they can't beat Miller head on with a shot from an angle like that. I tend to agree, especially if there is no traffic in front of him. He made a great pass........Sturm should have buried it.