Players you wish the Bruins DIDN'T acquire

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Players you wish the Bruins DIDN'T acquire

In the spirit of the group players you wish the Bruins had, I figured i'd make an opposite group. I think the instant stars on this list are Soderberg (though the trade wasn't detrimental to us compared to who we traded), Zhamnov and Fernandez.

Does anybody else have any suggestions? If so, please break them down by era as to explain for those who either do not remember or know when the players were on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Players you wish the Bruins DIDN'T acquire

In Response to Players you wish the Bruins DIDN'T acquire:
    In the spirit of the group players you wish the Bruins had, I figured i'd make an opposite group. I think the instant stars on this list are Soderberg (though the trade wasn't detrimental to us compared to who we traded), Zhamnov and Fernandez. Does anybody else have any suggestions? If so, please break them down by era as to explain for those who either do not remember or know when the players were on the team.
    Posted by joeschmo25

Jim carrey from Washington with Allison and Carter.Fortunately Allison and Carter both played well above expectations because former Vezina winner Carrey was simply awful.He went from 1 of the leagues top goalies to awful overnight.Bruins traded Oates and Tocchet for those guys.Like I said,the bruins just got lucky that Carter and Allison played as well as they did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Chris Nilan . Hated that guy when he played for the Habs . Just didn't seem right seeing him in a B's jersey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kevin Stevens.  Gord Kluzak (not his fault).  Mats Naslund.  Brian Propp (cost us the Rat!).

Mike O'Connell.  Gord Murphy. Sami Pahlsson (for obvious reasons, I'd hope).  Jon Casey.

There's a defenseman they picked up - veteran guy - for a playoff run in the early '90s - not Iafrate - who angered me enough that I've forgotten his name.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh yeah - Evgeni Ryabchikov, Shayne Stevenson, and every other first round flop between Ray and The Problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: Players you wish the Bruins DIDN'T acquire:
    Kevin Stevens.  Gord Kluzak (not his fault).  Mats Naslund.  Brian Propp (cost us the Rat!). Mike O'Connell.  Gord Murphy. Sami Pahlsson (for obvious reasons, I'd hope).  Jon Casey. There's a defenseman they picked up - veteran guy - for a playoff run in the early '90s - not Iafrate - who angered me enough that I've forgotten his name.
    Posted by Bookboy007

I think it was Paul Coffey

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

brad palmer!   kevin stevens,yes......propp & gord murphy? i thought were pretty good.....levielle,cause it broke my heart what happened to him in a personal sense & was just turning into a terrific player   god bless him!  i hope hes doin alright for himself

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Coff didn't stick around long enough to see the season through - and that was later.  Plus he's Paul Coffey.  I wouldn't forget the guy who broke Orr's goals/season record.  But yes, I wish they'd left him on the scrap heap too.

Nah, I got it.  It was Gordie Roberts.  Man I hated that guy the way some people hate Wideman.  I'd rather play Wideman 45 minutes a game than dress Roberts.  I wasn't fond of Jim Wiemer either.

A few more springing to mind!  Landon Wilson!  Brandon Bochenski!  Peter Schaefer!  Michal Grosek, Ken Belanger, Alphabet Oliwa, Jeff Hackett.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

pucman - Murphy was just alright, but I thought Galley did more for us.  And as I said, Propp cost Linseman, and to this day I miss the Rat.  Such a smart player, and made no bones about what it would cost you if you tried to take the body on him.  Perfect example of a guy I'd have loathed until he put on the jersey.  Never kicked a guy in the groin for all his nastiness, though.  There are lines.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Brad Isbister, Dave Scaatchard, Mark Mowers, Stanislav Chistov...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

galley was a good bruin! i agree bookboy....lol  how bout reed larson another guy the B,s got that was pretty useful (wow he could shoot) & thelven he was pretty smooth dman....who was the other euro dman about the same time as thelven?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Versteeg for Bochenski.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Zhamnov was the worst but Iafrate always frustrated me becuase he helped the Bruins beat the Habs in the 1st round the 93-94 playoffs. He did ok the next round but the Bs were introduced to the future Hall of Famer Maty Broduer.

Teased with his once greatness then Al never played for the Bruins again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

At this point I would have to say Steve Begin but he still has time to prove me wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

You knew 2000 was going to be a bad year when Peter Skudra was manning the pipes behind Lord Byron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

matty you don't have to tell us the deal we know who we traded to get Bochenski. 

Another player that I had mixed feelings about was Marty Lapointe. Talented and a great mentor/leader but not worth the $5 mil a year to get him. I would've loved the deal if it was half the price. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Gord Kluzak - This guy never panned out to be the great defenseman that he was supposed to be. Should have taken Bellow's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Jon Casey- Easily one of the worst trades the B's ever made, Why did they think he was better than Moog?

Rob DiMaio- Always hated him even when he was here

Bill Ranford- Second time around

Blaine Lacher- Thanks for coming

Dennis Wideman - Was getting rid of Boyes really worth it?

Kevin Stevens- Never did anything without Mario

Marty Lapointe - Overrated

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

matty you don't have to tell us the deal we know who we traded to get Bochenski.  Another player that I had mixed feelings about was Marty Lapointe. Talented and a great mentor/leader but not worth the $5 mil a year to get him. I would've loved the deal if it was half the price. 
    Posted by joeschmo25

I'm tempted to laugh at this since Lapointe was a pre-cap era signing.  Was he worth $5mil?  NO!!  But aren't there still people who say the Bruins haven't won a Cup in a depressingly long time because they won't spend money on players?  So isn't Marty an example of a guy they spent a pile on because they felt they needed his leadership - and thought he'd be a 20 goal/40pt guy?

I say tempted because I know the arguments on the other side: one massive Lapointe contract = a justification for not signing other expensive free agents; and the house never plays its own money - so bad Marty contract = STH pain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Al Iafrate -tough to beat that one

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Brian Leetch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Kevin Stevens.  Gord Kluzak (not his fault).  Mats Naslund.  Brian Propp (cost us the Rat!). Mike O'Connell.  Gord Murphy. Sami Pahlsson (for obvious reasons, I'd hope).  Jon Casey. There's a defenseman they picked up - veteran guy - for a playoff run in the early '90s - not Iafrate - who angered me enough that I've forgotten his name.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Right on Bookboy, the worst acquisition by the B's ever was Mike O'Connell.  Bad enough that is cost us a great player in Al Secord, but it also gave OC a foot in the door to later become the worst GM in history and set the franchise back 10 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I agree about Gordie Roberts, and will add Jim Nill

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PheltSaucier. Show PheltSaucier's posts

Martin Lapointe. I can't believe they paid him 5 mil.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonCherry. Show DonCherry's posts

Drafting Bergeron over Shea Weber was really stupid.

Sections
Shortcuts