PLAYOFF STATS: Top 8 performing Bruins you don't want to lose. Or do you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Re: PLAYOFF STATS: Top 8 performing Bruins you don't want to lose. Or do you?

In Response to Re: PLAYOFF STATS: Top 8 performing Bruins you don't want to lose. Or do you?:
    Just a thought ....OV "only" had 3 goals against the Rangers in a seven game series...would he be worth keeping based on those numbers??? 
    Posted by scottm50

First, OV isn't human and can't be compared to anyone in the league right now. Secondly, the Caps aren't looking at the same situation of choosing between a whole bunch of maybes and one sure thing. Kessel.

The Bruins have so much talent. Passing, defense, goaltending. But not one sniper. So all I'm saying is, they gotta nail a sure-thing sniper before they get stuck with 7 guys who could probably be great, but who for some reason don't deliver when it counts.

And the next playoffs go by, again, next year... with a team rich in prize winning talent, all hail, but which was unable to score those 1 or 2 much needed goals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

Re: PLAYOFF STATS: Top 8 performing Bruins you don't want to lose. Or do you?

I'm a fan of what Ryder brings to the team. Everybody was hurting in the second round, and he can't be expected to be the only one to produce.

As for players I don't want to lose:

Number 1, far and away, Savard.
    Lucic was a workhorse.
    Bitz showed a lot of heart.

And as for Wheeler, he's young. It was his first year, and he was tired long before the playoffs. Give him another year or two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

You gots da frenchies

In Response to Re: PLAYOFF STATS: Top 8 performing Bruins you don't want to lose. Or do you?:
    I'm a fan of what Ryder brings to the team. Everybody was hurting in the second round, and he can't be expected to be the only one to produce. As for players I don't want to lose: Number 1, far and away, Savard. Lucic was a workhorse. Bitz showed a lot of heart. And as for Wheeler, he's young. It was his first year, and he was tired long before the playoffs. Give him another year or two.
    Posted by Big-Bad-Bruins91

I know what you're saying, I think. But my point was that Ryder was one of the guys who wasn't hurt.

Being open minded, upon further reflection, I'm willing to grant that he gave 900% in round 1 and was tired. So I grant forgiveness. But I still think we need a proven trooper like Kessel way more than we need a maybe.

On the other hand, how do we know Kess is going to stay healthy? Ryder has been pretty injury-free, as far as I know.

I actually like Ryder. But it makes me cringe to see all these Montrealers in Boston. Irrational maybe, but I can hear the accusations now from habs fans: Yeah you're kicking @ss cause you gots all da Frenchies

:o|

Sections
Shortcuts