PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL

He is the only player on the team that can create offense all on his own consistently. He is one of the fastest players in the game and exciting to watch. He puts people in the seats. Sure he could play more consistently on defense and in the corners, but you need his offensive skills. Think back to last year in games where the team created little offensive chances....he would have the majority of those chances strictly through his creativity and speed. As opposed to the "dump in and dig" boring offense of the rest of the team. He is so young and will improve from here. Don't be a fool and give away someone who has very rare speed, offensive explosiveness and the potential to be one of the games greatest scorers. PLEASE DON'T TRADE PHIL KESSEL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Re: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL

I agree with you BBRules....I love Kessel and why would we trade him for Kaberle who is already 31 ....I say do not touch Kessel ...I would trade Savard before Kessel ...Kessel is our future with Lucic & Krejci and a few others like Mark Stuart ...those guys are untouchable ...Give away Savard for Kaberle but not Kessel

GO BRRRRUINS  !  I will be in the stands tonight in Montreal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

In Response to Re: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL:
    [QUOTE]I agree with you BBRules....I love Kessel and why would we trade him for Kaberle who is already 31 ....I say do not touch Kessel ...I would trade Savard before Kessel ...Kessel is our future with Lucic & Krejci and a few others like Mark Stuart ...those guys are untouchable ...Give away Savard for Kaberle but not Kessel GO BRRRRUINS  !  I will be in the stands tonight in Montreal
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]

Give away Savard ? This team will be lost without Savard as the number one centre....

I agree too, Kessel is only 21 and will only get better. I would like the Bruins to try and move Sturm, Ryder, or even Kobasew before Kessel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thunder21. Show thunder21's posts

In Response to PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL:
    [QUOTE]He is the only player on the team that can create offense all on his own consistently. He is one of the fastest players in the game and exciting to watch. He puts people in the seats. Sure he could play more consistently on defense and in the corners, but you need his offensive skills. Think back to last year in games where the team created little offensive chances....he would have the majority of those chances strictly through his creativity and speed. As opposed to the "dump in and dig" boring offense of the rest of the team. He is so young and will improve from here. Don't be a fool and give away someone who has very rare speed, offensive explosiveness and the potential to be one of the games greatest scorers. PLEASE DON'T TRADE PHIL KESSEL.
    Posted by BBRules[/QUOTE]

Kessel is very fast but you can't see he creates his onw offense. At times yes, but Savard is one of the biggest reasons he has been succesful to a degree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

the thing is that GMs may not want ryder or sturm.

Sturm is injury prone and Ryder just got a new contract (well a year ago).

Also, why would you trade Kobesew? The guy has a very cap friendly contract and is anywhere between 20-25 goal scorer. There is no way you give him up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

The Problem with Kessel is that he is one dimensional. Yes, we need that one dimension, but Charelli's concern is next year when Lucic, Wheeler, Stuart, Rask, Thornton and Savard all need to be signed. The cap is expected to go down next year and PC has to decide if he should be paying Kessel 4.5 / per for one dimension, or paying the above players that are without a doubt a large part of the future core. If you ask me any of the above players are more important to this team than Kessel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

I don't think that Pete wanted to trade Kessel but sice we're so close to the cap ceiling and we still have to sign Bitz and Hunwick, he is being left with little choice. Obviously Kessel isn't making it easy on us by taking a discount so if he goes well thats life. i think the kid has infinite potential but if he's playng for the dollars then he can collect them somewhere else. i would love for him to take the same deal that Krejci took but i guess its not enough for the thrill. with that deal he would have 3 years to establish himself as a premier goal scorer and line himself up with a huge payoff in the end...everyone wins. we'll just have to see how it plays out, ill also be in the stands tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Guys, this is a terrible deal. If we got the seventh pick in the draft along with Kaberle, maybe. But according to the latest info, PC is giving up Kessel and a low round pick for the 31 year old Kaberle. It'd be great to get that left handed shot, but to give up a 21 year old who will be a 50 goal scorer for 31 year old under-achiever in Toronto, is pure folly. If you're going to trade Kessel, then go for someone with some upside, go for Cody Hodgson with Vancouver or package him for the number three pick (Duschene) get something. Both those options come with low salary as they're in the first three years of being in the league. Plus, i don't see how Kaberle's 4.5 is that big a difference than what Kessel will land in the end. I know the trades I've proposed are also pure folly, but the point being to trade for youth and add to your core, not guys moving past their prime. You can always add veterans for a far cheaper price. Wait until mid-July when all the free agents are gobbled up and teams have to dump salary to make room. Wait and go bargain hunting then. I know the time is now, but Kaberle does not equal Cup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davincitrout. Show davincitrout's posts

Kessel: 21--MAY be one dimension, but what a dimension. Could get better--much better.
    Sturm: making more than Krecj. Contributing less than Kobasew (even when healthy).
    Sure, hang onto Lucic, a pure Bruin, but this team often struggles to score goals... and Mr. One Dimension poked home 36 missing 10 games plus playing a long stretch with a very bad shoulder.
    Did Phil insult Chiarelli's mom? Is that why PC is so willing to deal off the exciting potential of Kessel?

Keep no. 81!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

Phil is soft. Very Soft. Chiarelli is looking for a bigger, tougher team and while Kessels scoring is nice a top line wing that score 30 goals and plays defense and takes the body is a better addition.

The Bruins will be able to score next year, Wheeler, Sturm, Kobasew, Ryder, Savard and Krecji are all at least 20 goals scorers. A defense that can get the puck out of it's own zone when pressured is more important. Kaberle will also get Bergeron off the power play point.

Kaberle and the 7th overall pick for Kessell is a steal, I just can't see a guy like Burke wanting Kessell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

The 7th pick is no longer being negotiated... it appears WE now need to couple a second round pick w/Kessel for Kaberle  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

I wouldn't trade Kessel for Kaberle straight up. You can find a more aggressive defenseman that can move the puck than Kaberla for Kessel.

I'm not the biggest Kessell fan but don't give him away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

If Chiarelli gets a Kessel and a pick for Kaberle Jacobs would be well suited to fire him on the spot. This would be flat out the DUMBEST trade for Boston in years, even ahead of the Thornton trade. However I still have some ray of hope that the details are wrong, as neither GM has come out and said these are the parameters.
    If you want an all star puck mover trade the third round pick for the negotiating rights to Jay Boumeester and try and sign him.
    Bottom line you don't trade a player like Kessel for a guy ten years older, you trade him for somebody near his age and very near his potential. Only mid level prospects should be traded for older players, and Kessel being 21 and scoring 36 goals has too much value to be given away. For Kaberle's salary you'd be better suited signing Kessel for what he wants.
    In the end we will all find out what happens very soon, my guess is by 8:00 pm maybe earlier.
    Brian Bruke wants Tavares more than anybody else in the league right now, and should he fall to #2 and Tampa look to deal that pick Burke will ask how high does he need to jump (minus losing Schenn) and Lawton will say his price.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

ok i got an idea. ryder for a higher pick or sturm either of them. so now the bruins have around10.5M cap space, currently have 6.6 then u wait till july 1st. sign alexi kovalev for round probly 5M after off yr last yr, then u sign kessel for 4-4.5M, and that leaves u round 1M estimate for bitz and hunwick. i think its a great idea. u keep kessel, and add a better sniper w/ kovalev, even tho he is a candien. him and savard would be deadly

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

If you're keeping Kessel then you're first line stays the same. Offering Kovalev the same contract that he didn't earn this season is dumb, the money would be better spent trying to get Boumeester with the interest we have in puck moving defenseman. Maybe you trade Ward and Sturm (should he lift his no trade clause) to clear money.
    But if you're going to trade Kessel FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T TRADE HIM STRAIGHT UP FOR KABERLE. Chiarelli looks like Mike Milbury if he does this trade and doesn't get the 7th overall in return. Hell if they do this then why not shop Lucic for a backup goalie, and Rask for a bag of peanuts.
    Kaberle's point production has declined over the past 3 seasons, going from 58 to 53 to 31.
    As for people talking about Burke not liking Kessel's style he still holds the power to move Kessel to move up, or for something else.
    In the end if this deal goes through I think we should replace Chiarelli with a german shepard, at least the shepard wouldn't be able to trade away the future for nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Why hasn't Kessel been signed yet?   There were rumors of $5 million but also a report that Kessel laughed when queried about that number.    Here's another hunch:

It may be that Kessel is requesting a NO TRADE CLAUSE.   It makes sense.  He's been the focus of constant trade rumors, at the deadline and before the draft, and now as July approaches.  He has been called "trade bait".  Who would want to live like that?  Never knowing what will happen, where he will be shipped off to, what his future will look like.  He's probably plain sick of it.  He probably wants some security and certainty.  Other players--  Savard, Chara, Sturm-- have no-trade clause.  Why shouldn't he?

But, management doesn't want the clause, for obvious reasons.  Hence the impasse.

Make sense?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Why hasn't Kessel been signed yet?   There were rumors of $5 million but also a report that Kessel laughed when queried about that number.    Here's another hunch: It may be that Kessel is requesting a NO TRADE CLAUSE.   It makes sense.  He's been the focus of constant trade rumors, at the deadline and before the draft, and now as July approaches.  He has been called "trade bait".  Who would want to live like that?  Never knowing what will happen, where he will be shipped off to, what his future will look like.  He's probably plain sick of it.  He probably wants some security and certainty.  Other players--  Savard, Chara, Sturm-- have no-trade clause.  Why shouldn't he? But, management doesn't want the clause, for obvious reasons.  Hence the impasse. Make sense?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

RFA's are not eligible for no trade clauses.  So that can not be the hold up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I think with his skill he can develop his defensive play.

No matter where K ends up, it will always be a pleasure to watch him fly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The numbers are not out there for Kessel to get $5M from anyone, $4M might be tough. There are too many others in front lof him.

Kaberle is on the down slope.  He's not the blueline defender they need.  Sure he moves the puck, but he's niether physical, nor a good defender. He is soft.

Kessel can check, he needs to be more persistant at it. He's not a digger, he's a GOAL SCORER. My guess is they will be able to match him at something a bit south of 4M.  Offer him a Kracji deal and match any reasonable offer sheet....Unless something way better than Kaberle comes along.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE Kessel can check, he needs to be more persistant at it. He's not a digger, he's a GOAL SCORER. 
    Posted by croc[/QUOTE]

Exactly so...in truth, Kessel does back check and made a few critical back checks to save scoring chances by Carolina in that cup series.  He doesn't CRUNCH, but he does check, which is a matter of positioning and timing much more than crunching bodies.  Kessel is learning the backcheck game under Julien.  Give him time.  He's nowhere near the master skills of Bergeron and Krejci (who also do not often CRUNCH), but he does cover assignments deep in the defensive zone. 

He's not a floater.

Sure hope he's wearing a B next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

im with you clamman!.....Kessel can dog the puck with his speed & quickness & pull it out of the d-zone with the same.....one mans opinion is at this point is where his fault lies....hes got to learn when he creates a turnover to use his linemates,control the puck & make a good sound play.....the kid loves to score & sometimes that passion is a fault....this is when he looks 21 yrs old....he will grow out of this! & be a 5 star player in this league...do you give that up?  HELL NO!!!!! I think it would be easier to replace Savard right now,then it would be to replace Kessel in 2 yrs! i see alot of Rick Middleton in Phil Kessel 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

[QUOTE]Kessel: 21--MAY be one dimension, but what a dimension. Could get better--much better. Sturm: making more than Krecj. Contributing less than Kobasew (even when healthy). Sure, hang onto Lucic, a pure Bruin, but this team often struggles to score goals... and Mr. One Dimension poked home 36 missing 10 games plus playing a long stretch with a very bad shoulder. Did Phil insult Chiarelli's mom? Is that why PC is so willing to deal off the exciting potential of Kessel? Keep no. 81!!!
    Posted by davincitrout[/QUOTE]
    You know, I keep heatring that Kessel is "One-dimensional"..... and he very well maybe.  However lets not all be ignorant and just leave the statement at that....

He is one-dimensional but that one dimension is as a SNIPER.... and well you cannot teach that dimension.  However, on the contrary you can teach a great offensive player to show a little more effort on the defensive end and therefore be a "passable" defender. 

If you believe this to be wrong... just start counting the number of true goal scorers that are age 21..... Then sit and count the number of "Well rounded" defenders who don;t see 36 goals in a handful of seasons combined...  Something tells me that you will have a Large  number of the "Rounded players" and a very small number of the snipers.  IS he perfect?  NO WAY!  Howeverdefense is much easier to teach than goal scoring... and  YOU can have a perfect defensive team and not win a game....  because winning requires goal scoring. 
    I think the approach most of you are taking is way to simplified.  When I look at Kessell I see someone who has the potential to be the kind of goal scorer Neely was.... Get him the puck and go to the bench to prepare for the face-off.   He is a different style, but he has the feel for how to get the biscuit in the basket. 

"IF" I were PC I would actually make every attempt to trade someone else".  I know it will be hard, but I would have worked that end of the table for a while.   Even if I gave STurm away and ate part of his salary or threw in a youngster as part of the deal and got almost nothing back.

Goal scoring is also a very important part of the game.... I suppose we could see a lot of Soccer games on ice soon.... You know Nil-Nil games... then go into the shootout with one less sniper.   Don't underestimate the value of a sniper....

I agree with the thoughts that Kessel will not sign now until we see what the others offer him.... but he will most likely see offers, because others KNOW that you cannot win a game without scoring.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRules. Show BBRules's posts

Right on wwsf4ever

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL : You know, I keep heatring that Kessel is "One-dimensional"..... and he very well maybe.  However lets not all be ignorant and just leave the statement at that.... He is one-dimensional but that one dimension is as a SNIPER.... and well you cannot teach that dimension.  However, on the contrary you can teach a great offensive player to show a little more effort on the defensive end and therefore be a "passable" defender.  If you believe this to be wrong... just start counting the number of true goal scorers that are age 21..... Then sit and count the number of "Well rounded" defenders who don;t see 36 goals in a handful of seasons combined...  Something tells me that you will have a Large  number of the "Rounded players" and a very small number of the snipers.  IS he perfect?  NO WAY!  Howeverdefense is much easier to teach than goal scoring... and  YOU can have a perfect defensive team and not win a game....  because winning requires goal scoring.  I think the approach most of you are taking is way to simplified.  When I look at Kessell I see someone who has the potential to be the kind of goal scorer Neely was.... Get him the puck and go to the bench to prepare for the face-off.   He is a different style, but he has the feel for how to get the biscuit in the basket.  "IF" I were PC I would actually make every attempt to trade someone else".  I know it will be hard, but I would have worked that end of the table for a while.   Even if I gave STurm away and ate part of his salary or threw in a youngster as part of the deal and got almost nothing back. Goal scoring is also a very important part of the game.... I suppose we could see a lot of Soccer games on ice soon.... You know Nil-Nil games... then go into the shootout with one less sniper.   Don't underestimate the value of a sniper.... I agree with the thoughts that Kessel will not sign now until we see what the others offer him.... but he will most likely see offers, because others KNOW that you cannot win a game without scoring.
    Posted by wwsf4ever[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

One more thing the "trade Kessel" crowd is forgetting-- Kessel was our key man in shootouts for the past two years.  He has so many different moves that the goalies don't know what to do.  He won a bunch of games shooting third.  Who would replace him in that department? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

[QUOTE]One more thing the "trade Kessel" crowd is forgetting-- Kessel was our key man in shootouts for the past two years.  He has so many different moves that the goalies don't know what to do.  He won a bunch of games shooting third.  Who would replace him in that department? 
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Kessel did well two years ago but last year he only scored 1 goal in 8 attempts.