PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL

Yes keep Kessel. He is only 21 and will only improve.
    You can get Kaberle for a lot less!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IGood point as a old time fan we forget the shoot out is a hugr part of a teams success many teams now miss the play offs b due to a poor shoot out recordn Response to Re: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL:
    [QUOTE]One more thing the "trade Kessel" crowd is forgetting-- Kessel was our key man in shootouts for the past two years.  He has so many different moves that the goalies don't know what to do.  He won a bunch of games shooting third.  Who would replace him in that department? 
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Keep Kessel as long as he doesn't break the bank. Regardless of how people think he's going to turn out he still scored 36 goals last year, he's improving and he'll be on the same line. I'm not in favor of moving Bergeron, he's showing signs that he's still the same player he was before the concussions. While you'll have to worry about the next one that kinda goes for everybody. At any given moment a headshot can end a players career. I'm in favor of trading Sturm should he be willing to waive his no trade clause. Mark Recchi did more than what Sturm can do and he'd probably sign for $2 million less than what Sturm gets. Move Sturm after all the big free agent signings are done, and teams are still looking for secondary scoring. Not an ideal position to have to trade a 28 goal scorer for cap space but with the team we have now it's the most logical move.
    Kessel won't get an offer on July 1st or for the rest of the week after, barring some unexpected team blowing the Bruins away. There is a high quality list of snipers on the market this year,  and teams will want to sign them and only risk money, instead of risking picks. If nobody makes an offer sheet for Kessel in the first week the Bruins will have all the power in the negotiations, and be able to sign him more towards their terms.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

And as for trading Kessel his value is almost nothing now that a team could make an offer. Team are more willing to give up draft picks than developed younger players because they already know about the developed player, while in technical terms a draft pick has too much mystery when the draft isn't taking place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

In Response to Re: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL:
    [QUOTE]He is one-dimensional but that one dimension is as a SNIPER.
    Posted by wwsf4ever[/QUOTE]

True enough. True enough.

look, we've all seen what he can do. This isn't one of those "maybe he'll be good one day!" cases. Anyone can see the boy is a ninja. Would be nice to keep him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CausewayStBullies. Show CausewayStBullies's posts

I can live with the trade of Phil Kessel, but not for Kaberle.  Both are soft, and Kessel all season appeared out of place with his defensive disappearing act and lack of grit in the corners and along the boards.  He doesn't LOOK the part of a Bruin, and even Savard, who used to be the softest skill player in the NHL, gets dirty and understands what it means to wear the spoked B.  All the other guys seem to get it, and what it means, and Kess is a good kid and has a nasty shot but his lack of hard-nosed effort worries me.  It reminds me of Thornton.  I would definitely NOT trade Michael Ryder, he has ridiculous chemistry with Krejci and is big and strong (poor man's Marion Hossa).  My trade list would be either Sturm or Kobasew (but not both) and definitely Aaron Ward.  Too much young D talent to have a guy on the roster who sits out every other game with a throat tickle. 

My guess is Kess is asking for too much money for his one-dimensional skill set, and Chiarelli is playing games and actually planning on letting the market set the realistic price for Kess.  If its low enough Kess will be back with his tail between his legs.  I do worry about the effects on the confidence of a 21 year old knowing that he is being openly shopped all the time. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

Kessels not worth 5.5 million. Krejci's more valuable than Kessel and therefore he should sign for the same money. Kessel also does not "create his own chances". His dangles are very predictable and he doesnt hussle in the defensive zone and he's soft. He's a finisher. Thats it.

Trading him for Kaberle doesnt make sense i agree. Maybe Kessel for Clowe? I'd say trade him for a forward that compete every game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

Bruins should just trade kobasew and sign kessel and use someone younger to replace kobii like mikko lehtonen. Mikko is very talented and should get a chance to make the opening night lineup

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

please do trade him,for somebody that can hit people,and doesn't have just one move!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

You people must smoke some heavy drugs. Kessel is not worth the 4.5-5M he is asking for. You must be crazy to sign him at that much. Why do you think other teams have not thrown any offer sheets his way?

"Don’t get me wrong, he’s a brilliant offensive guy, but he still has to show more before he proves he’s an elite player worthy of elite money." - Anonymous NHL GM on Phil Kessel (7/19/2009)

Also, Kessel wont be ready until December, maybe January because of his shoulder surgery. Take Krejci money and be done with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFromNH. Show FredFromNH's posts

In Response to Re: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLEASE DO NOT TRADE KESSEL : I'm argree with you savard is in the top 5 Trade Ryder sturm kobasew never savard 
    Posted by looch17[/QUOTE]

Too late me thinks