Please -- enough with the booing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Re: Please -- enough with the booing

RMiller, OK so you say you're not in favor of booing anthems or opposing team's players.  But your teams fans are guilty of doing this, so your guilty by association.  You'll ask why should you be guilty by association, well this is what you're doing here.  Antagonizing opposing fans with messages about the fans at the game booing a player.  Who ever said we're all in favor of doing this?  The title of this post is calling to stop the booing!  And you look like a fool feeling so strongly about this when your teams fans do this the most.  Your ripping us when your teams fans are even worse.  So with that it would look like Habs fans are more classless.

And you never answered me how old you are.  So how old are you?  Also what do you do for a living?  It can't be anything too great if you're able spend most of your time posting worthless messages on a message board of a team you're not even a fan of.  Posting a handful of times I can understand but you're all over almost every message with countless posts.

You're literally wasting your time as most have you blocked and aren't even seeing your posts.  All your responses and come-backs are so defensive and all you do is just try to get out of things by changing the subject and start with another topic to rip on someone about when you're the one who's starting this and brings it upon yourself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

In Response to Re: Please -- enough with the booing:
    [QUOTE]Leaf fans won't tell you this because they are too polite. But it's really just classless and unnecessary to boo players on the opposing team. Wow, the Bruins can shut down Kessel, one of the only bonafide offensive threats that the Leafs have, with Versteeg and Armstrong out of the lineup. Whoop-de-doo ! 
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

wow, this comes from a wanna be habs fan, have you ever watched a game in montreal, if you had you would know habs fans are the biggest booers of them all. so again you have put your foot in your mouth, congrats, ...idiot...
    you continue to embaress your self... good job, i love it!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please -- enough with the booing : Haha this is going to be one of those posts Miller just ignores because he knows you completely have him beat hahaha
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

Realizing that many Bruin fans are seemingly unable to read, I will simply reiterate my position that I have been a very harsh critic of any team's hockey fans who boo anthems or opposing team's players...

I don't plan to change to appease classless Ruffians ! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please -- enough with the booing : Realizing that many Bruin fans are seemingly unable to read, I will simply reiterate my position that I have been a very harsh critic of any team's hockey fans who boo anthems or opposing team's players... I don't plan to change to appease classless Ruffians ! 

I thought you said you would not engage in  conversations with classless fans, but here you  are still talking..so shut up... its not r fault your sorry Habs fan....don't throw stones the Habe fans are more classless than Philly fans...loser..Thank you Kessel Thank you Kessel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please -- enough with the booing : Realizing that many Bruin fans are seemingly unable to read, I will simply reiterate my position that I have been a very harsh critic of any team's hockey fans who boo anthems or opposing team's players... I don't plan to change to appease classless Ruffians ! 

Watch out!  He's going to reiterate!  Hold the dog's nose!

classless and schoolyard is my turf.  consider that in your response.

Ruffians?  When did that happen?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please -- enough with the booing : Watch out!  He's going to reiterate!  Hold the dog's nose! classless and schoolyard is my turf.  consider that in your response. Ruffians?  When did that happen?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

i think i just ruffed him up little when i told him he was chewing on his own foot, but dumb animals dont usually understand why they chase their tail.
    i think he might be alot more sensative then first perceived, i bet he crys alot after he gets off the computer,lol. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please -- enough with the booing : i think i just ruffed him up little when i told him he was chewing on his own foot, but dumb animals dont usually understand why they chase their tail. i think he might be alot more sensative then first perceived, i bet he crys alot after he gets off the computer,lol. 
    Posted by sclifton_4_freespeech[/QUOTE]

Why isn't he on the Habs boards talking about how the Habs slammed the Leafs in the opening game? 

oh wait, that's right, the Habs lost the season opener, didn't they?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

What's worse is that you, Black and Gold murons, almost sound just like GD Yank fans with their "Whose Your Daddy" chant...

TONE IT DOWN for Gawd's sake !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

You are these Leaf fans trying to kid? I sat in MLG for years when they had the nerve to boo Bobby Orr every game, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

Where was the class?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Same old Black and Gold nonsense as always !

Good gawd -- are you people like Grandpa Simpson or what ?

"I remember back in the winter of 1970 when I was at MLG and a Leaf fan sitting behind me once booed Bobby Orr...

I have carried that grudge and let it fester for 40 years..."

So, now -- two wrongs make this right ?

It's the twenty first century now, Pops !

Booing opposing team's players is like so yesterday's newspapers...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Please.  There is nothing wrong with booing another player, team, or another teams fans.  What is not acceptable, IMO, is swearing at a game with children around.

I am a Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins, UNC Tar Heel (alum) fan and I boo every opposing team.  Especially the Jets, Lakers, Yankees, Canadiens, and dookies.

The reason that Foxboro has a terrible crowd (this is true, as I have been to about 40 games in Gillette) is because the fans don't boo (or cheer) except for a select few (endzones/300 level). The reason that the Celtics/Bruins have great fans, is that they boo and get on the other team.  This is a homecourt/ice/field advantage.  It is to the benefit of the players that the fans do this.

If you don't want to boo the opposing players, then fine.  Just stay at home and drink tea with your pinky extended and talk about the uncouth mongols booing on your 50 inch TVs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

From my recollection, Pops' version of Bobby Orr visits to MLG is vastly different from mine...

You forgot that I was initially a Leafs' fan before I was old enough to know any better, Pops...

When Bobby came to town, it was the hottest ticket at MLG because the Leafs weren't very good back then (not like nowadays, anyways.)

And the idea that we went to the games to boo Numba4, Bobby Orr is pretty preposterous to even put into words here...

In fact, one of the biggest punishment that my dad ever inflcited on my sister was to take her ticket to see Bobby playing at MLG and give it to my brother...

Cannot remember what she did to deserve such a harsh sentence...

Musta been something bad though ! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS ON MY ORIGINAL POST -- I STAND OVERWHEMLINGLY CORRECTED.

FOR SOME REASON -- PERSONALLY I TEND TO RESERVE THE BOOING FOR SCUM LIKE COOKE AND THE COWARDLY CAVEMAN IN PHILADELPHIA.

ALSO -- MY APOLOGIES -- IF I KNEW MY ORIGINAL POST WAS GOING TO COAX BURNOUT MILLER87 FROM UNDER HIS ROCK -- I WOULD HAVE NEVER MADE THE POST FROM THE START.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

But you were actually right from the start, zamboni24...

Booing the team's opposing players is totally "bush league..."

Hey, Habs win with their backup goaltender playing tonight...

We're still #1 in the Eastern Conference...

Go Habs Go !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Like when Canadien fans boo Chara and Lucic everytime they touch the puck. So the Hab troll is saying that he's classless hmmm OK you're right!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Man, that's one mean Teddy bear !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I personally don't boo any NHL players, they have more talent in their clipped toenails than I have in my entire being...but if you wanna boo Kessel or Ovie or Sid or whoever, that's fine with me...part of the game, and your right as a paying customer. That is where it should end though. I don't care if the Habs fans or Laffs fans boo Chara, and I'll bet he doesn't either...probably motivates him. Booing is something Kessel should expect here. Best way to shut the fans up would be to try to play decently (and possibly score or play some defense) in front your former fans. But no, he plays like a dog, he quit on so many plays it wasn't even funny. He's earned his boos.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]I personally don't boo any NHL players, they have more talent in their clipped toenails than I have in my entire being...but if you wanna boo Kessel or Ovie or Sid or whoever, that's fine with me...part of the game, and your right as a paying customer. That is where it should end though. I don't care if the Habs fans or Laffs fans boo Chara, and I'll bet he doesn't either...probably motivates him. Booing is something Kessel should expect here. Best way to shut the fans up would be to try to play decently (and possibly score or play some defense) in front your former fans. But no, he plays like a dog, he quit on so many plays it wasn't even funny. He's earned his boos.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

I don't think that Hab fans boo Chara anymore.

They did for a time after he broke Ivanans facial bones. 

But the rest of your post doesn't even make any sense.

Your people aren't booing Kessel because he didn't play well last night.

They're booing him because he wanted to be in Toronto instead of Boston.

Since the salary cap came into play, players leave teams these days !

Get over it !

The Bruins couldn't even afford to have this guy on their team, right now. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

And if you look at the cheap shot that Chara hit Ivanans after the referees were trying to separate the two, you'll understand why Hab fans booed him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]And if you look at the cheap shot that Chara hit Ivanans after the referees were trying to separate the two, you'll understand why Hab fans booed him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jexMmZqTww

I think you have useful things to say. 
    But this trash talk is a waste of everyone's time. 
    You can't influence booing the national anthem any more than I can influence anybody booing Kessel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

BadHab :

That's likely true, but I can (and frequently do) express my disapproval of fellow Hab fans booing the American National anthem.

It seems that Bruin fans (on other threads) aren't even allowed to express their disapproval of fellow fans booing Kessel without other Bruin fans needling them about it.

My honest opinion is that that kinda stuff is "bush league" no matter which fanbase does it.

I'll leave it at that.

Cheers  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

It's funny that people are arguing on this board with a fan of a team who's favorite past time is to overturn cars and set them on fire then loot all the shops in Montreal. He says Toronto fans are classy. If the guy had any credibility before he lost it all when he said that. I live in the center of Leaf land and I can tell you from experience that Leaf fans are the second worst group of fans in the NHL. Right behind the ignorant fans from Montreal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]BadHab : That's likely true, but I can (and frequently do) express my disapproval of fellow Hab fans booing the American National anthem. It seems that Bruin fans (on other threads) aren't even allowed to express their disapproval of fellow fans booing Kessel without other Bruin fans needling them about it. My honest opinion is that that kinda stuff is "bush league" no matter which fanbase does it. I'll leave it at that. Cheers  

Dignity in the NHL?  Booing ain't even on my top 50.

The NHL IS bush league.  I'm insulted as a fan by:

having kids birthdays posted up on the scoreboard
    shooting tee shirts into the crowd
    a stupid "woo" after goals
    telling fans when to cheer or make noise
    telling fans when to chant ole
    staged fights
    a stanley cup won with an illegal goal with someone's foot in the crease
    a discipline system that is a mockery
    marketing the sport like nascar
    putting franchises in places where the sport isn't popular
    taking frachises out of places where the sport is immensely popular
    "ice girls" - cheerleaders in hockey?  hey, I like to look at them, but...
    Lack of innovation, the NHL should have been the FIRST pro league to use replay.
    And speaking of that, they always follow other pro sports that make them a joke - coaches challenges?
    The talk of making the nets bigger, what could be more bush than that?
    When they do innovate its a mockery, remember that gizmo that lit up the puck on tv?

little to no grass roots support.  Here in MA we have a hockey tradition going back forever.  For such a small state we've produced quite a few NHL players.  Yet when the Bruins aren't doing well, half the crowd at games is the same as the crowd that shows up for wrestling matches.

Chicago - right across the lake from the birthplace of about a million NHLers had their home game blacked out forever.  And how many NHLers has the state of ILL provided?  A disgrace.  I believe the AHL team moved there recently.  No college hockey there are all.  A place that *should* be a hockey hotbed.  Disgusting.  I'm glad that piece of human garbage Wirtz died, he was doing all he could to make hockey a circus act.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please -- enough with the booing : I was with you until this.  You're all "moral police" here talking about how people shouldn't boo national anthems since it's disrespectful, now you're saying you're glad "that piece of human garbage" Bill Wirtz died?  Yikes.  I'm no Puritan, but...  I dunno.  Just my $.02
    Posted by themikeg[/QUOTE]

I understand the reaction.

How do I *really* feel?

Count 1.  In my book someone who runs a business like that intentionally excluding and preventing any competition is morally bankrupt - at least.  Non sellout home games were blacked out right up until his death.

If the business was another one, let's say a newspaper, what he did would be against the law.  Literally.

Count 2.  One of the most northern cities in the lower 48 not producing players - and Wirtz was primarily responsible was that.  ILL should be turning out NHL players in EXCESS of Minnesota and Michigan and look what's happening.  I don't know if those numbers will EVER be what they should.  And he is responsible for that.  A wound to American hockey that will never be healed.

Count 3. I am passionate about hockey.  Wirtz did a lot to cheapen it.

Count 4. Wirtz was so greedy, it was to his own detriment.

Count 5. One of the largest cities in America, probably the most densely populated  combined with most northern - and hockey was intentionally kept out of it.

Count 6. In the hockey world equivalent, if Jacobs is Charlie Manson, then Wirtz is Adolf Hitler.

Yah, some of those counts are probably one in the same, but they are important enough to be mentioned twice.

Yah, the robber barons took bread out of the mouths of people to gain a profit, but Wirtz stole as much of the soul of hockey as he could to gain a profit.

Piece of human garbage?  Yah, that's not right.  Human excrement.

Sections
Shortcuts