Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard???

Not even going to name the stupid rumor site - you know who it is, says - and I'll quote this since its barely even english

On Savard...the Bruins aren't just worried about the Cap Space, they are also worried about and offer sheet I am told. which is not what I am expecting!

What does that mean?  How can they give Savard an offer sheet?

Dam me for looking at that stupid site...  Suks the brains out right thru your eyes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard???

How dumb!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from drewdg1212. Show drewdg1212's posts

He probably means the bruins are afraid of other teams offering offer sheets to stuart or wheeler?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Was that ESPN? I bet it was ESPN.

I hate ESPN.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to He probably means the bruins are afraid of other teams offering offer sheets to stuart or wheeler? Posted by drewdg1212[/QUOTE]

That's what I think the rumor meant worried about offer sheets for RFAs...

http://www.todayinhockey.com/tag/nhl/ another good site

Burke: ‘Looking at multiple names, not including Marc Savard’

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Stuart and Wheeler for Kaberle?

Sold!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Media creating then reporting rumors.... GMs and agents creating interest using the media.... offer sheets, well, anything is possible..... the Penner factor should scare them away!  If not the Bs will not match either Wheeler or Stuart.  Stuart would be a loss imo.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Leave Kaberle, where he is to, they haven't been able to dump him the past 3 years of trying, his numbers have dropped every year since signing his contract

Leave him Be!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from khilborn. Show khilborn's posts

You guys don't fully understand the situation.  Yes - The Bruins should be afraid of offer sheets for the following reason - if they don't shed cap space soon (i.e. Savard or Thomas as rumored) - it will be very difficult to match offer sheets for Wheeler or Stuart - as to match they will more likely go over the cap plus the 10% cushion allowed in the offseason.  It can really open a can of worms. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to
    Leave Kaberle, where he is to, they haven't been able to dump him the past 3 years of trying, his numbers have dropped every year since signing his contract Leave him Be!!! Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

He will "He's evaluating"....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard???:
    In Response to He probably means the bruins are afraid of other teams offering offer sheets to stuart or wheeler? Posted by drewdg1212
    That's what I think the rumor meant worried about offer sheets for RFAs... http://www.todayinhockey.com/tag/nhl/  another good site Burke: ‘Looking at multiple names, not including Marc Savard’
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dog, didn't even think of putting 2 & 2 together, an offer sheet for Stuart or Wheeler?  Stuart would be a loss, but a sheet for Wheeler would be a gain most likely. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Was that ESPN? I bet it was ESPN. I hate ESPN.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

oh I might as well say it, hockeybuzz, tho I'd rather be caught with smut magazines walking out of a convenience store by my several family memebers and a priest...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

It's a good thing we've got a real smart GM in the front office. Let's sign Savard and TT to long term contracts with NTC's ...and then turn around a try to trade them asap. Make sure if we trade Savy, that we consider getting a non physical defensive player in return...because we have an abundance of offensive weapons and big hitters on this team. Then try to get as many 180 lb centers as we can thru the draft, so we can do this again in a couple of years. What ever you do don't trade up to take a dynamic WINGER...can't have enough finesse playmaking centers -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It's a good thing we've got a real smart GM in the front office. Let's sign Savard and TT ro long term contracts with NTC's ...and then turn around a try to trade them asap. Make sure if we trade Savy, that we consider getting a non physical defensive player in return...because we have an abundance of offensive weapons and big hitters on this team. Then try to get as many 180 lb centers as we can thru the draft, so we can do this again in a couple of years. What ever you do don't trade up to take a dynamic WINGER...can't have enough finesse playmaking centers -
    Posted by JWensink

Guess Horton didn't do it for you...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard??? : Guess Horton didn't do it for you...
    Posted by BadHabitude

Not if it means that Savard won't be centering him and Lucic

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

In Response to Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard???:
    Not even going to name the stupid rumor site - you know who it is, says - and I'll quote this since its barely even english On Savard...the Bruins aren't just worried about the Cap Space, they are also worried about and offer sheet I am told. which is not what I am expecting! What does that mean?  How can they give Savard an offer sheet? Dam me for looking at that stupid site...  Suks the brains out right thru your eyes.
    Posted by BadHabitude

The Actual quote was......

On Savard...the Bruins aren't just worried about the Cap Space, they are also worried about and offer sheet I am told. which is not what I was expecting...oh and btw for those who I confused...the offer sheet the bruins are worried about is obviously NOT Savard. Who is under contract.

We all know that eklund is a fool but you dont need to cut off the end of his quote to make him look bad, he can do that on his own.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard??? : The Actual quote was...... On Savard...the Bruins aren't just worried about the Cap Space, they are also worried about and offer sheet I am told. which is not what I was expecting...oh and btw for those who I confused...the offer sheet the bruins are worried about is obviously NOT Savard. Who is under contract. We all know that eklund is a fool but you dont need to cut off the end of his quote to make him look bad, he can do that on his own.
    Posted by SpJay76

Wait a second, he changed that!  the statement:

oh and btw for those who I confused...the offer sheet the bruins are worried about is obviously NOT Savard. Who is under contract.

Was NOT there when I read it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard??? : Not if it means that Savard won't be centering him and Lucic
    Posted by JWensink

I guess Krecji, Bergeron or Seguin can't do this either .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard??? : Wait a second, he changed that!  the statement: oh and btw for those who I confused...the offer sheet the bruins are worried about is obviously NOT Savard. Who is under contract. Was NOT there when I read it.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Ya he changed it as there was confusion with the way he worded it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

He probably means the bruins are afraid of other teams offering offer sheets to stuart or wheeler?
    Posted by drewdg1212

This is absolutely what Eklund meant.  In fact he says exactly that in the post.  Maybe it wasn't in the original draft so I'm not calling anyone silly but I think Eklund gets beat up around here way too much.  He had the Horton deal 6going down the day it occured 6 hours before I could find it anywhere else.  On top of that he reports rumors so when people are saying he was wrong because something didn't happen, well that's not really accurate.  I guess some fans only want to know when a deal goes down, and I can respect that, but a guy like me, if Chiarelli is talking to the Preds about a Savard deal and there is only a 10% likelihood that something gets done, I want to know about it, if he wants to speculate about the holdups or alternatives then I will enjoy reading that too.  Most importantly in these scenarios is too let your audience know what you are giving them, and as far as I can see when he's reporting a rumour he says so.  When he's relaying someone else's rumor he gives credit.  And when he's speculating he tells you that too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

49thparallel...are you stupid or what ??? I wouldnt even take the whole team for Wheeler...dont u realize that this guy is only 22 and talented and big and has the potential to become even better than Getzlaf ?????? And you want to give him away ...are you all nuts or what ?????????????

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Wheeler stays)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard??? : This is absolutely what Eklund meant.  In fact he says exactly that in the post.  Maybe it wasn't in the original draft so I'm not calling anyone silly but I think Eklund gets beat up around here way too much.  He had the Horton deal 6going down the day it occured 6 hours before I could find it anywhere else.  On top of that he reports rumors so when people are saying he was wrong because something didn't happen, well that's not really accurate.  I guess some fans only want to know when a deal goes down, and I can respect that, but a guy like me, if Chiarelli is talking to the Preds about a Savard deal and there is only a 10% likelihood that something gets done, I want to know about it, if he wants to speculate about the holdups or alternatives then I will enjoy reading that too.  Most importantly in these scenarios is too let your audience know what you are giving them, and as far as I can see when he's reporting a rumour he says so.  When he's relaying someone else's rumor he gives credit.  And when he's speculating he tells you that too.
    Posted by RickyHussle

I did catch him "cheating" once - on a trade which was reported in the paper and he reported it AFTER it was announced, but he reported it as a rumor.

I haven't looked at  him for a  while, but maybe he's refined whatever it is that he does to gather rumors.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard??? : oh I might as well say it, hockeybuzz, tho I'd rather be caught with smut magazines walking out of a convenience store by my several family memebers and a priest...
    Posted by BadHabitude

**Everyone here is hanging their head in shame**

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Posted by drewdg1212

Then take the picks!

That's the way RFA works.  You dont trade your top center out of fear that someone is goign to overpay for one of your RFA's.  In that circumstance, you just let the RFA's walk.

There have been many RFA's that teams have wanted to keep but had to let go because some other team overpaid.  Just take the picks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Please explain stupid rumor - an offer sheet for Savard??? : Then take the picks! That's the way RFA works.  You dont trade your top center out of fear that someone is goign to overpay for one of your RFA's.  In that circumstance, you just let the RFA's walk. There have been many RFA's that teams have wanted to keep but had to let go because some other team overpaid.  Just take the picks.
    Posted by Drewski5

Yeah Drewski spot on there.  My guess is that this is more of a convenient excuse for moving a guy who know longer fits most likely due to back room reasons we will never learn.  With that said, I am also under the impression that the B's including Neely must like Wheeler more then most of us.  Definitely not as much as StanleyCupBruins, but more then most of the other posters on here.