Please Stop the Canada-bashing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rancourt. Show rancourt's posts

Please Stop the Canada-bashing

What's with the anti-Canada chants at Bs games?  Almost the entire Bruins organization is made up of canadians.

Furthermore...on Saturday...we (the fans) both booed Kessel and "taunted" the leafs with a "U-S-A" chant.  Where is the logic in this? Not only was Phil one of the few Americans on the ice...but he is projected to be a big part of the actual team USA in a couple of months....the messages don't jive.

Seriously fans...being a hockey fan means having a little class and respect for other countries...after honoring pj axellson at a b's game a few years ago for earning a gold medal with the swedish olympic team - fans booed a swedish flag which was featured on the big screen.  it made me sick.

hockey is international and that's one of the many reasons i love the sport.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Re: Please Stop the Canada-bashing

I still remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TxpxFqAV4I

Boston's response to Montreal booing the US National Anthem

Boston fans showed tons of CLASS and that was shown on Hockey Night in Canada, Coach's Corner

Don't spoil a great reputation that Bruins fans are respected for. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Hm, thanks for the post, I never heard about this. That is, terribly unclassy.

We Canadians love everyone, no need to boo or demean us. And contrary to popular belief we dont all love the habs or maple leafs. Keep in mind, only a few years ago Boston had the highest % of Canadian born players on roster in the NHL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Please Stop the Canada-bashing:
    [QUOTE]What's with the anti-Canada chants at Bs games?  Almost the entire Bruins organization is made up of canadians. Furthermore...on Saturday...we (the fans) both booed Kessel and "taunted" the leafs with a "U-S-A" chant.  Where is the logic in this? Not only was Phil one of the few Americans on the ice...but he is projected to be a big part of the actual team USA in a couple of months....the messages don't jive. Seriously fans...being a hockey fan means having a little class and respect for other countries...after honoring pj axellson at a b's game a few years ago for earning a gold medal with the swedish olympic team - fans booed a swedish flag which was featured on the big screen.  it made me sick. hockey is international and that's one of the many reasons i love the sport.
    Posted by rancourt[/QUOTE]

I was watching in tv and thankfully didn't hear it.

You're right, a USA chant makes no sense at all.

Why not "Yankees Sukc"?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Please Stop the Canada-bashing:
    Hm, thanks for the post, I never heard about this. That is, terribly unclassy. We Canadians love everyone, no need to boo or demean us. And contrary to popular belief we dont all love the habs or maple leafs. Keep in mind, only a few years ago Boston had the highest % of Canadian born players on roster in the NHL.
    Posted by dhitch

I suspect that there was a high percentage of clueless non-hockey fans at the game.  I'm a MA resident and have attended several Bruins-habs games, my favorite match up.  And I've never heard a USA chant at any of the games I've been to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Stop the Canada-bashing : I suspect that there was a high percentage of clueless non-hockey fans at the game.  I'm a MA resident and have attended several Bruins-habs games, my favorite match up.  And I've never heard a USA chant at any of the games I've been to.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I'm a Canadian & I LOATHE the Habs & Their fans! I always sing the star bangled banner when I hear it! The US is my favourite neighbor!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCan. Show BruinsCan's posts

Your favorite neighbor?  haha.. I have one son.. but by FAR he is my favorite son!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let's chant "Phil Kessel Stinks"  with that catchy chicken song.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

I agree : Lots of Bruins fans across Canada (maybe more Bruins fans in Canada than in the whole city of Boston) I am one of them (from Montreal) besides the greatest hockey player of all time was borned in Canada no.4

You can boo Kessel that is fine but countries thats irrelevant

to all Bruins fans across Canada my Regards

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

You have to picture this. A bunch of people whose IQs are under 80, coming together to boo whatever comes to mind.

We're not talking about premeditated activity here. For similar reasons, you don't go to jail for 1st degree murder if you're too drugged up to be in control of your actions. These people are too dum b to premeditate anything and here we are discussing it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

In Response to Please Stop the Canada-bashing:
    [QUOTE]What's with the anti-Canada chants at Bs games?  Almost the entire Bruins organization is made up of canadians. Furthermore...on Saturday...we (the fans) both booed Kessel and "taunted" the leafs with a "U-S-A" chant.  Where is the logic in this? Not only was Phil one of the few Americans on the ice...but he is projected to be a big part of the actual team USA in a couple of months....the messages don't jive. Seriously fans...being a hockey fan means having a little class and respect for other countries...after honoring pj axellson at a b's game a few years ago for earning a gold medal with the swedish olympic team - fans booed a swedish flag which was featured on the big screen.  it made me sick. hockey is international and that's one of the many reasons i love the sport.
    Posted by rancourt[/QUOTE]
    Hi Rancourt - You're 100% correct.  Now, I'm an American Bruins fan and I tell those around me, "Respect, please stop."  I am horrified when the USA chant goes up, any booing of a countries anthem or flag.  I agree that the rowdies and clueless fans give most of us a bad name.  I do my part and know Canadians are great people who support many hockey teams.  Let me personally apologize for the rowdies and know we don't all act this way. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Your favorite neighbor?  haha.. I have one son.. but by FAR he is my favorite son!
    Posted by BruinsCan[/QUOTE]

Hey I didn't mean any dis-respect & I didn't say that out of sarcasm! I apologize if you took it as such.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Sports fans in general have never been mistaken for the sharpest tacks in the box.

The vast majority of sports fans are relatively ignorant.

I remember an NFL game where fans threw glass bottles at the visiting team as they left the field.

NASCAR fans cheering when Jeff Gordon got into a wreck.

Yankees fans with the childish " Who's you're daddy" to one of the all time great pitchers of this era. (Pedro Martinez).

Red Sox fans with the "Jeter swallows" chant in response to the N.Y. fans "Nomar s*cks" chant ...try explaining this to a young son or daughter.

Soccer fans in South America rioting on many occasions.

Hockey fans throwing hot pennies on the ice.

Fans who respect the game and the opponent are in the minority. It's a freakin' game people....grow up!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

I cannot recall any time when a Bruins crowd booed another anthem or the flag.....I was there when PJ got honored and I remember him getting a good hand from the crowd.  No doubt, though, there are some drunken idiots who start yelling at Habs or Leaf fans that Canada sux or what-not once the beers get flowing.....I am truly embarassed when I see this.  The funniest was last year when the ignorant morons started chanting "U-S-A!!!  U-S-A!!!!" after one of Lucic's beat downs on Komisarek.....Do they know that Looch is Canadian and Komo is American???  For the most part, there are chuckleheads everywhere, especially in Montreal and Boston, but it's been my experience that the respectful fans greatly outnumber the donkeys......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Im not a fan at all of the USA chant in the Garden. Its absurd, can we get a slovak chant going in honor of the tall guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Also, the Leafs have 6 Americans (Kessel, Blake, Stempniak, Finger, Komisarek, and Hanson (??)), the Habs have 6 (Gomez, Pacioretty, Gionta (hurt), Gill, Mara, and Wyman (??)), and the Bruins have only 4 (Wheeler, Hunwick, Stuart, and Thomas).......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please Stop the Canada-bashing : Hey I didn't mean any dis-respect & I didn't say that out of sarcasm! I apologize if you took it as such.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

hey nitemare...bruinscan was only bein funny so no need to worry...it was pretty humourous as he took your fav neighbor bein the usa compared to your other neighbor... bein? like his only son is his fav son....good to see some light hearted humour in here once in awhile...sorry it was at your expense nitemare,but keep a eye on bruinscan,im sure youll be able to catch him to & dont let him get away with it  lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Le Wahhhhhhh!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The most peaceful border in the world is between Canada and the U.S.  Intelligence and ignorance have no boundaries.  

Sections
Shortcuts