please your honest opinion...will bs make the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: please your honest opinion...will bs make the playoffs?

Keep waving those pom-poms, Bruins8. Edmonton's run in 2006 is totally irrelevant. This Bruins team is not good enough. Thinking they're "right there with anyone" is just lunacy.

Teams that can barely muster 2 goals a game (and allow more on average) aren't right there with any real contender.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Contender for the cup no! Contender for the playoffs yes. The only good thing for the Bruins pathetic play is that the Eastern Conference is "not so much".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

WHY is edm 2006 irrelvant? it didnt happen?  bruins can play with anyone hello they beat sj in sj 2 weeks ago  the best team in nhl...once ference is back we wont lose more than 5 more the rest of the way

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

wow, now thats optimism.  Ference is the answer that ails the B's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

"Really, Deza? Saying the Bruins aren't very good is being a "negative fool"? Have you WATCHED the team this year? They've been mediocre on good nights, downright awful lately, and mostly a team that looks like it belongs in the bottom 1/2 of the NHL. What about this team gives you any confidence?"

97 You obviously have not been watching, the B's dominated Was and Mon back to back this week. They have looked awesome on the ice, the results have been horrendous, but they have played great.

I understand being frustrated with the playoff picture and the losing streak but you have to be a troll if you cannot admit the play and scoring chances have been Bruins dominated of late.

I still want a scorer but...

I'm EVALUATING!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

please, lets just hope they can win a game 1st.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Fact is that management doesnt believe this team can make the playoffs or we would be watching kovy in a B's uniform playing against vancouver tommorow afternoon. Not giving atlanta more then the bag of pucks and 2 wooden sticks that NJ gave to get him speaks volumes about what they think of this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roosevelt45. Show Roosevelt45's posts

Making the playoff? Not a chance unfortunatly. By scoring 1 goal per game (or 2 on a good night), the Bruins won't improve much until the end of the season. In fact, I think they have yet to hit bottom.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

This place is loony. Presenting facts and HIGHLY reasonable analysis (and not simply "rah rah" or "anti-Bruins" opinions) as to whether or not the Bruins can make the playoffs is left off the table.  This whole thread, with a few exceptions (mine and a few others) is nothing but a shouting match ("yes, they can!" "Look at the Oilers run in 06--we can do that too!" or "this team couldn't score a goal with a seeing-eye puck", etc.)  and shows almost no thought or intelligence beyond mindless banter.

THE REALITY IS:  you need somewhere between 90 and 94 points (since the lockout ended and the shootout was put in place the average 8th place has had 92.75 points).  AT MINIMUM, the Bruins need 35 points in 27 games to get to 90 from their current 55, roughly a .650 percentage.  17-9-1 or 16-8-3 or 15-7-5 or 14-6-7 or 13-5-9, take your pick, are the possible records to get to the 90 point mark.  I concede the East is weak and there's a logjam of 6 or 7 (maybe even 8) teams fighting for three spots (5th is 14, FOURTEEN, points ahead of Boston RIGHT NOW, folks).  At best the Bruins, assuming health and they start scoring goals a little more often than Halley's Comet flies around the sun, COULD get 6th place.

Me? I think since 90 points requires playing significantly better than they have all year (on pace NOW for 84 points, mind you), it'll be an uphill battle and I, for one, won't be surprised to see the Bruins on the outside looking in when April arrives.

Now, based on the facts and analysis (not just wishful thinking) above, who thinks (put down the pom poms and toss out the overtly negative mindsets) the playoffs will be a) easy to obtain b) a musical chairs game where the Bruins MIGHT JUST get a seat to the dance once the music stops or c) or long gone for 2010?  Try again, folks....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

We all know how bad they are playing. Would it be that hard to imagine that they might have hit bottom and WILL turn it around today? Win today and there's hope. Lose today and it's probably over. Their mindset can't handle much more of this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Hitting bottom is a relative term.  Doing so in the bathtub results in a bruise; doing so in the Grand Canyon is fatal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

BlueEyedGuy......I'll answer: b) a musical chairs game where the Bruins MIGHT JUST get a seat to the dance once the music stops.

The east has a bunch of mediocre teams chasing that last spot. This year might turn out to be a little different statistically, i.e. points needed to get that last spot. We'll see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Impossible to predict todays NHL.Just look at Ottawa, not a great team on paper?
    B's worst is probably over, they can't play ant worse
    The big question is could they win a round?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from grouse48. Show grouse48's posts

NO!!!!!!!! 

Sections
Shortcuts