Wheeler/Caron-Krejci-Ryder
    Paille-Sobotka/Campbell-Thorton

Chara-Seidenberg
    Boychuck/Stuart-Hunwick
    Alexandrov-Ferrance

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: Possible Line-up

In Response to Possible Line-up:
    Line-up 2010 Lucic-Savard-Horton Hall/Seguin-Bergy-Recchi Wheeler/Caron-Krejci-Ryder Paille-Sobotka/Campbell-Thorton Chara-Seidenberg Boychuck/Stuart-Hunwick Alexandrov-Ferrance
    Posted by TuukkainNet

I like a very similar lineup

Lucic-Savard-Horton
    Caron/Colbourne-Bergy-Recchi
    Hall/Seguin-Krejci-Ryder/Wheeler
    Marchand-Sobotka/Campbell-Thorton

Chara / Seidenberg
    Boychuck / Ferrence
    Alexandrov / Stuart / Hunwick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Just with the additions of Horton and Hall/Seguin alone, the Bruins could increase their goal production by at least 40 goals from last year's total of 217 goals to 257 goals .... that's Penguins last year's goal total.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Line-up 2010 Lucic-Savard-Horton Hall/Seguin-Bergy-Recchi Wheeler/Caron-Krejci-Ryder Paille-Sobotka/Campbell-Thorton Chara-Seidenberg Boychuck/Stuart-Hunwick Alexandrov-Ferrance
    Posted by TuukkainNet
    tuukka we have to many left shot d men, chara,siedenberg,hunwick,ferrence,stuart,and alexandrov. we need some balance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Hall/Seguin - Savard - Horton
    Lucic - Bergeron - Recchi
    Sturm - Krejci - Ryder
    Thornton - Sobotka - wheeler

Chara / Seidenberg
    Ference / Boychuck (if we keep him)
    Stuart / Hunwick

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Possible Line-up:
    Just with the additions of Horton and Hall/Seguin, the Bruins could increase their goal production by at least 40 goals (from last year's total of 217 goals to 257 goals) .... that's Penguins last year's goal total.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

Also, Lucic will score more than last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

My Line up

Wheeler-Savard-Horton
    Lucic-Krejci-Bergeron
    Colborne-Seguin-Ryder
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Boychuk
    Seidenberg-Stuart
    Hunwick-Ference

Rask
    Niittymaki

Providence call ups
    Caron, Mcquaid, Alexandrov, Sauve, Hamill, Marchand, Dalton

1. I would let Recchi, Satan, Sobotka, Begin walk

2. I would trade Thomas to TB for the rights to Niitymaki, this frees up cap space to sign Antero, Boychuk, and Stuart

3. I would put Wheeler on first line with savard and horton and here is why. Im not trying to sound like stanley, but I think 25-30 goals for wheeler is not that far fetched. If you put him on a line with savard and horton, I think his confidence, which i think is his biggest problem right now, will go up, and he'll play better. Plus Ive always liked Lucic and Krejci together

4. Put colborne on 3rd line LW till sturm comes back

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

My Line up Wheeler-Savard-Horton Lucic-Krejci-Bergeron Colborne-Seguin-Ryder Paille-Campbell-Thornton Chara-Boychuk Seidenberg-Stuart Hunwick-Ference Rask Niittymaki Providence call ups Caron, Mcquaid, Alexandrov, Sauve, Hamill, Marchand, Dalton 1. I would let Recchi, Satan, Sobotka, Begin walk 2. I would trade Thomas to TB for the rights to Niitymaki, this frees up cap space to sign Antero, Boychuk, and Stuart 3. I would put Wheeler on first line with savard and horton and here is why. Im not trying to sound like stanley, but I think 25-30 goals for wheeler is not that far fetched. If you put him on a line with savard and horton, I think his confidence, which i think is his biggest problem right now, will go up, and he'll play better. Plus Ive always liked Lucic and Krejci together 4. Put colborne on 3rd line LW till sturm comes back
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Don't think you can take Bergy out of center he is one if not the best faceoff guy in the NHL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UltimateBoston46. Show UltimateBoston46's posts

Check out the analysis of the Bruins trade for Nathan Horton:

Some good analysis, leave your feedback. GO BRUINS

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If it's Seguin, I really want to see him with Krejci.  It looks like they think the game similarly.  Hall I might put with Savard and Horton (though I balk even now at the idea of just giving Horton that first line RW slot...).  And because I'm reading way to much into Pat Quinn stepping down, I'm thinking Boston may get Hall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

No matter which way you put, its more promising than last season!

Recchi stays as Captain! Seguin should start at Wing just as Bergeron did when he was a Rookie. Can't imagine moving one of those 3 out of Center regularly for a Rookie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If it's Seguin, I really want to see him with Krejci.  It looks like they think the game similarly.  Hall I might put with Savard and Horton (though I balk even now at the idea of just giving Horton that first line RW slot...).  And because I'm reading way to much into Pat Quinn stepping down, I'm thinking Boston may get Hall.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Orr might have threatened Quinn with retribution for the big crack many years ago.  I wonder if the guy with the glasses was waiting to knock on Quinn's head again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

You guys seem convinced that Hall or Seguin will be starters on the season openner...i hope that you are right!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Posted by TuukkainNet

Wrong. Savard is gone, and they will let Campbell reach free-agency July 1st. The Bruins got much bigger plans says Dregger from TSN.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Posted by Bookboy007
    WERE ALL GONNA DIE!!! LOL!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I get the sense that Boston is not done dealing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I get the sense that Boston is not done dealing.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

Completely agree, OC.  There must be more deals coming between now and the draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedivz. Show Jedivz's posts

if they get hall

hall savard horton
    Lucic krejci wheeler
    Sturm Bergeron recchi
    Thornton   Sobotka Cambell

if they get seguin

Wheeler savard horton
    Lucic krejci Seguin
    Sturm Bergeron recchi
    Thornton Sobotka Cambell

Defense
    Seidenberg Chara
    Boychuck Stuart
    Ference Hunwick

1.) Wheeler is not  going to be forty goal scorer but mid two goal scorer is fine and he can do it with this lineup. Plus with caron and colburne pushing in training camp will make wheeler a better player
    2.) this line up is much improved i see more goals compared to two years ago
    3.) i cannot wait to see who we get plus i see more trades like i think ryder will be gone as well as thomas. That leaves 11 million unless thomas is swapped for salary and we could get another forward.
    4.) Chia is amazing how far we have come in a short period of time

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

In Response to Re: Possible Line-up : Completely agree, OC.  There must be more deals coming between now and the draft.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Absolutely, I also see the B's adding a couple of complementary pieces in free agency (3rd line winger, depth defenseman, backup goalie?)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Where's Kovie???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

My lineup

Lucic Savard Horton
    Seguin Krecji Ryder
    Sturm Bergeron Gagne
    Thornton Sobokta Campbell

Caron, Marchand

Chara Seidenberg
    Boychuk Hunwick
    Ference Mcquaid

Alexandrov, Penner

Rask
    Auld

- We draft Seguin 2nd
    - Trade Thomas for Simon Gagne
    - Trade Wheeler's rights for 2nd round pick in the draft
    - Resign Boychuk to a 4 year 8.4 million dollar deal
    - Resign Mcquaid to a 2 year 1.6 million dollar extension
    - Sign Auld to a 2 year 1.3 million dollar deal
    - No other FA signing

draft 32nd pick Tinordi
    draft 45th pick Coyle

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Mcquaid is a league min? Dude did you watch the same guy help bruins get past the sabres and help them win three games vs flyers??

He did better than Stuart in the playoffs

The guy had a good chemistry with Ference. He is a big D , who can skate a little, he likes to hit, make good passes out of his zone and has some offensive skills

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

He did better than Stuart in the playoffs 
    Posted by yaz16

Stuart was out for 6 weeks with a serious infection in his hand.  It's not like he was playing all season and crapped out during the playoffs.  It's a bit unfair to call his play into question after that kind of time away.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Mcquaid is a league min? Dude did you watch the same guy help bruins get past the sabres and help them win three games vs flyers?? He did better than Stuart in the playoffs The guy had a good chemistry with Ference. He is a big D , who can skate a little, he likes to hit, make good passes out of his zone and has some offensive skills
    Posted by yaz16

McQuaid was on the team because of injuries.  Let's not kid ourselves here.  Not every player that dons the spoked B has a wealth of potential, promise or ability.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Kovie       7.2M     Savard   4.007      Horton 4M      

Wheeler  2.5M      Bergeron 4.75      Recchi   1.M

Lucic       4.083     Krejci     3.75       Seguin/Hall      3.75              

Colborne 1.1         Caron               0.54(1.1)    Thornton  .8

Sturm   1.78 Injured Reserve (3months 1.72m cap relief)                38.09

Replacement                        (.583M Relief) =1.75M for Sturm

Total                39.25              3.24M Bonus               Buyouts               .725            

Tot            39.975

Chara        7.500     Alexandrov .730     Hunwick 1.450

Seidenberg 3.250      Stuart              2.5      Boychuk  1.5

Total                16.93              0.085M Bonus         

Thomas     5.000      Rask             1.250                          

Total                6.250                                      

Totals               63.155            

Bonus Cushion                          3.325                                     

Cap            59.83

Limit    60M

Under     0.17

Kovie 10 Year deal(10 10 8 8 7 7 6 6 5 5) he gets his 10M with decrease for age.

3 solid lines with a big 4th, prefer to lose Thorn but not gonna happen. Youth on 4th can be changed to lower cap.

I know it is dreaming but it can be done. TT has been kept because Rask is not fully ready for 65-70 games as shown by playoffs.

Changes can be made when Sturm comes back, but if out til Xmas no cap issues.

Sections
Shortcuts