Possible off-season trade??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3855502. Show user_3855502's posts

Possible off-season trade??

I was just on ESPN.com and read that Edmonton had offered Dustin Penner and Tom Gilbert for Boston's first round pick. I don't understand why the Bruins would have turned this down. Then again, it is ESPN so the chances of this being true are about 10%. If it was true, would it have been salary issues that would have restricted us from making the trade? I'm sure the B's would have tried to include Ryder or Wideman in the deal. Did anyone else hear about this before the deadline passed?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog?name=nhl_draft&id=5027461&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2fblog%3fname%3dnhl_draft%26id%3d5027461

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Re: Possible off-season trade??

I heard about it this week but this sounds like an awful trade. Penner is a decent player and a 30 goal scorer but he's near 30 and is showing his ceiling as a player. Gilbert is a decent young defenseman but he's also in his mid 20's. I'd rather take the chance on the pick then add on more contracts (that we can't even afford right now as it is, and it's doubtful that Edmonton takes on Ryder's or Wideman's contracts as much as I'd love to get rid of them).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Penner's in the books for 9 mil. for the next two years while Gilbert's in for 17 mil. over the next four....  thank God the b's declined....  even worse, i heard it was for the Leafs pick....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

it was the Leafs pick they wanted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think it would have helped the B's immediately if they did the deal...but for Hall or Seguin...thats a lot....Penner on a top line with Savard would have been wicked...and Gilbert is a star in the making in my eyes...dmen always take time to mature...but he is gonna be a good one.  All in all...I would rather have the pick...

Edmonton likely would have took at least one bad contract(wideman and possibly ryder as well). and then placed then in the minors where they belong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beerpaul. Show beerpaul's posts

I've seen Penner play a couple times lately.....and he has been awful.   He may have gotten a goal against Toronto last week, but he was a passenger the whole game.   No intensity...no effort to win any battles for pucks.    Lazy.....    I wouldn't want Penner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Seems like a no brainer for PC to turn that trade down.