Potential trade opportunity with the NYR

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Potential trade opportunity with the NYR

In Response to Re: Potential trade opportunity with the NYR:
    In Response to Re: Potential trade opportunity with the NYR : But as I said, to counter then an upcoming UFA you do not intend to sign should be traded at the trade deadline? plus the bruins haven't given him away, they went to arbitration, at this point if the number is to high I would say they would be forced to letting him go, not giving him away.  I think you could easily argue he has had as much of an impact on this team as sturm has the past 2 seasons, if someone gave him 3.5 based on that are you going to sign him?
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Every year is different.  Every year the market changes.  You can look at deals this summer and compare them to deals even two summers ago.

If we were going to do so, however, I would also say that you can't compare those two either.  Sturm is a known commodity.  You know you can expect around 25 goals a year from him and have him be a workhorse on the PK.  With Wheeler, the data is incomplete as he's only played two years.  There is no evidence pointing up or down or sideways.  His impact, his play, his ceiling and his floor cannot be determined yet.  We'll know in a few years.  Right now, his future in Boston is solely dependent on what the B's brass think of him.  We might get an idea of what they think after the arbitration award comes out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

later drew

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Nas,
    I will say, I think the Next CBA needs to close a hole to put more power back into the team in regards to RFA's.  For every arguement Bobby Ryan may make as far as his value as an nhl player, there is the completely over looked fact that the ducks have given him that opportunity to showcase that skill set..

Wheeler wasn't expected to be in Boston last season, and while he earned a spot, they also gave him the chance you know? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Umm wait where's young star Zack Hamill in any of these trade proposals ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Potential trade opportunity with the NYR:
    Umm wait where's young star Zack Hamill in any of these trade proposals ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Hamill is in the final year of his EL, we gotta keep him down so he doesn't blow it up and cost us $5m per.. after this season, we will sign him to a cap friend 1m per year, 10 year deal...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanFromMontreal. Show BruinsFanFromMontreal's posts

Las t year they both had bad years.  heck the whole team was bad.

but Ryder is a sniper.  the nature of a sniper is like a HIGH RISK STOCK.

you pay a lot for him and the reward can be great, but he's at high risk because snipers usually need to feel confortable with 4 players on the ice.

he can shoot the puck like no one else can in Boston.   This year he is playing for a contract, and thats huge.

As for Wheeler, if he has a similar season like last year, he won't play in NHL no more.  we've seen too many of these talented studs that dont make it because they cant deal with NHL big bodies. 

its not an easy situation, but like Drew said, Savard can't be traded to make caproom for either of these guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Sorry NAS.  Once again I disappointed the smartest poster on the planet.

Sections
Shortcuts