Predictions for the three game 7's coming up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

Predictions for the three game 7's coming up

Just curious to see what everyone's takes are on the big games coming up. I'm not one to go out on a limb with big time predictions (there's someone else on this site who has that down pat... props to you Stanleycuptothebruins), but this is what I think will happen:  of course the B'S will win (they're on their game right now and that will continue- GO BITZY CAT!)

Wash- Pitt- this one is a toss-up- I'll lean towards Pitt just because I think it's tough to win two series in a row that go to 7 games.

Det-Anaheim- I know that because of their past experience the logical choice would be the Wings, but I think they missed a golden opportunity to knock out the ducks in game 6; with this renewed life and their past playoff experience I see the ducks  stealing game 7 from the wings... just a hunch, don't take these predictions to the bank (except for the B's one!)

Anyone else care to express their thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Re: Predictions for the three game 7's coming up

Ill play the game Sweeney.

Boston beats Carolina in a tight game at home.
    Detroit beats Anaheim in a tight game at home.
    Washington beats Pittsburgh in a tight game at home.

Bruins fans best be cheering on those Pens. Boston seems to have Pittsburghs number but Washington always gives them trouble.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Bruins

Capitals

Red Wings

3 out of 4 original 6

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Bruins Capitals Red Wings 3 out of 4 original 6
    Posted by ocram

Pulling for the B's big time in game 7 but keeping quiet so not to jinx.

Caps may have taken the wind out of Pens sails with the OT win in Game 6

Wings have to be steaming after the post game 6 Duck antics -- usually it's the losing team trying to send a message. Ducks may not have the disipline level yet. I was thinking some possible suspensions but never mind -- sucker punching is allowed in CC's eyes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

Pulling for the B's big time in game 7 but keeping quiet so not to jinx.Posted by zamboni24

Haha, I so hear you on that one. I wouldn't reply to any messages regarding the game from my friends until last night's game was over....still kinda in that "don't want to jinx them" mode. That's healthy, right? Like Stevie Wonder said, "Very superstitious...."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Bruins

Red Wings

Penguins

Give me Boston Verse Chicago for the Stanley CUP!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Bruins

Caps

Wings

All decided in OT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Sure hope Detroit because a Chicago -Detroit western final would be great for hockey and a blast to watch!!  Also it wouldn't be so late at night eastern time.

Caps-Pens....Both have spongy defense, but Caps' is a smite better.  However, Valarnov (spelling?) is still an unknown factor in goal and shows cracks as any new goalie will. 

We can beat either one.  They are letting in 4-5 goals a game. Bruins can clamp down defensively and hold either team to 1-2 goals per game, while scoring enough to win.

Beyond the super stars, neither caps nor pens has the depth we do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Just got my tickets to game 7!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I'm pulling for the Bruins of Course. Wings will pull it out I think at home. Penguins will beat the Caps as I think they have a better goalie.

Dhitch, Penguins or Caps are equally as deadly in my book when it comes to playing the Bruins. Regular season scores would indicate no advantage facing either of these teams.......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

dhitch.....i'm not so sure we should be pulling for pitt, sidney crosby is on a mission right now, and he is playing like hes the best player in the world, too bad hes only the second best player in the world.....second to the russian......pavel datsyuk

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I dont think the Bruins/Canes will be a tight game, unless you consider game 6 a tight one.  I think its the exact same thing, as when the Bruins play THEIR game, the canes have been dominated by them and allowed at least 4 goals out of all 7 losses.  I see another 4-2 or 5-3 game.

Pens/Caps:  This could go either way.  I think it will be close, but high scoring.  5-4, something like that with an empty netter maybe making it 6-4.  Either team can take it, I think if the Pens score first its over.  I hope so, I hate the Caps and the Bruins HAVE had a hard time with them, although the Caps are giving up goals right now.

Wings/Ducks:  I hate the Ducks, they are SO not a hockey team.  But, I hate the wings too.  Id rather see them knocked out, just not by the Ducks.  However, a Detroit/Hawks final would be AWESOME, although it wont be shown on any channel I get.  I couldnt care less who wins the Wings/Ducks series but it will be 3-2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

If Savard is hurt and the B's play the same as they played for the last 30 or so minutes of last night's game I'd have to hang my head an say the Canes 2-0.  If Savard's hair was just messed up and he needed to get some spray when he went off the ice, and the Bruins have a burr under their saddle then I'd give the home boys the advantage by 3.  It all depends who shows up. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Man, people spend their lives on the net but somehow dont read the news.  Savard is FINE, he will be playing.  To make a comment like that, youre nothing but a Hab lover.  Savard took a knee on knee hit and let the game because he was hurt.  It should have been a penalty, it should be reviewed by the league.  The dirty stuff goes on every time the Canes are getting blown out and know it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

I agree 100% with Carolina ClamMan...  would be terrific to see Detroit and Chicago go at it.  However, I feel a funny feeling about the Ducks... I think they take it.  As for the Bruins, I think the Bruins take Carolina (no offense, CarolinaClamMan).  And lastly, I think the Caps beat the Pens - unfortunately, because we match up better with the Pens....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Well, there is 12 minutes to go and its 6-2.  I thought the Caps would play better but Im not shocked.  They were only the #2 seed because they play teams like Florida and Florida so much.  Put them in a real division and they are a 5 or 6.  Anyway, we'll see how this shakes out but I like the thought of playing the Pens in the ECF.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

OK Mr. Big (657 posts and spends no time on the internet) Vig.  I have seen all but 2 B's games this season and was watching in 1970.  While I am a fan I am also a realist about the Bruin's play this year.  Savard is a star and a bit of a pretty boy.  He can play a lunchpail brand of hockey, but he spends way too much time looking at the replays on the big screen.  Not everyone throws their body around like ML, and I wouldn't expect Savard to, but as you are a fan you are aware that hockey playoff injuries get grossly under-reported.  If he is 100% and the rest of the team shows up we are golden and win by 3 goals, but look at the pressure the Canes put on last night.  If they started playing with that intensity from the first drop of the puck we would be packing up to hit the links now. As far as my being a Habs fan...I appreciate good hockey.  Montreal hasn't played good hockey in recent years, but they have had some of the best teams ever and some of the best players ever, so I appreciate that...but I am and have been a devote Bruins fan for 39 years now.  I want a cup more than you will ever know.  I am going to go work on post # 16 now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, 657 posts in about 1300 days.  Thats not exactly a lot and it actually averages out to less than a half a post a day for 3 and a half years.  When I come in here, a couple times a week during hockey season only, I will make 3-5 or more posts.  I type 80 words a minute since and write professionally, it doesnt take me long to type a post.

With that said, I dont know what the deal is with people saying Savard is a pretty boy.  EVERYONE watches the replays, is just smart.  You can see things that help you on the next shift.  As a former player who was recruited and played in college at a prominent Maine university, I know a little about the game.  Its why we watched footage of our games and our opponents games.  Same thing with watching the jumbotron.

Your age has nothing to do with how much of a fan you are.  Ive been a devout fan since 1977.  Does that mean I know less than you or that you want a cup more than I?  No, of course not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

The Bruins were out shot, out hit and out hustled by the Canes in game 6 by a wide margine. If that happens again, I wouldn't expect another victory. Playing only the first half of period 1 and some of period 2 won't get it done. Although they won, I was unimpressed. AND don't give me the worn out "Carolina was desperate" nonsense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Pens surpised everyone last night, I think the Wings will prevail at home, and it's time for the Bruins to lay a big-time Game 7 shltbeating on the Carolina C%cksuckers. 8-0 Boston.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

B's Win 3-0 With An Emptynetter. Ward Keeps It Close. Ryder Gets One Of The Goals. Wings Win By One-- Maybe In OT.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

The Bruins were out shot, out hit and out hustled by the Canes in game 6 by a wide margine. If that happens again, I wouldn't expect another victory. Playing only the first half of period 1 and some of period 2 won't get it done. Although they won, I was unimpressed. AND don't give me the worn out "Carolina was desperate" nonsense.
    Posted by cosmo14

No, No , No--- The Canes took the momentum for the last half of period one and first part of the second.  But then we slowed the game down and got it under control.  Got the third goal.  In the third period, Boston was in complete charge.

What astounded me is how Carolina let us walk right in on thier goal.  No layered defense and little backchecking by forwards.  I couldn't figure out if we were just passing and in synch so much better, or if Carolina suffered from mass team constipation.

Odd how the momentum has taken such wide swings in this series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Looks like the momentum has turned again, I guess. Bruins and Crapitals both out.

Sections
Shortcuts